Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: He was a twisted monster, terror of the land... until he fought an elf  (Read 811 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elves seem to be a lot more deadly, according to legends. Monsters that kill many dwarves and humans, only to be slain by a random elf. Is it due to a change in the rules, or something?
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... and not only that, in my recent world an elven group called "Lucky Saturnity" razed and burnt down every single human hamlet on the map. Adventure mode now unplayable - just empty houses and abandoned fields.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the long lost bastard children of this guy. :P

So much for elves being a bunch of pansies...

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would assume it's something to do with population numbers and the game models the fight rolls the dice for a Monster vs 1000 elves battle.  Pretty much anything will fall when faced with enough enemies, and of course it's an elf that gets the kill.

If it was Leafpansy Stringbean the Elf Wanderer one-punching Gnarl Viciousdeaths the Slade Titan, there would definitely be something wrong.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile

Is also true the other way around. Elves tend to die alot in Legends.
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

And you all thought I was insane when I said elves doubled as killing machines! HAHAHAAA!

AoD has gone berserk!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would assume it's something to do with population numbers and the game models the fight rolls the dice for a Monster vs 1000 elves battle.  Pretty much anything will fall when faced with enough enemies, and of course it's an elf that gets the kill.

I think you may be right. I checked Lucky Saturnity in Legends and at one point, they experienced a huge noble boom - like 50 princes and queens emerging (or joining?). That may indicate overall population boom. Still, the FB kills are always listed as duels. The hamlet burnings are listed as won battles. I generated several more pocket worlds with 1050 years of history and elves seem to dominate consistently. Only in larger worlds with more complicated topography other civilizations seem to be able to entrench and hold.