Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bugs Toady has NOT fixed.  (Read 3704 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs Toady has NOT fixed.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:12 am »

How about the Record keeper occasionally suddenly complaining about not having an office even though he's had one for days? I've found that assigning a different office works, but I don't know why.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:50:00 am »

Contaminants spreading like hell, soap bug, economy not present, etc

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 11:55:17 am »

Dwarves being treated as animals and thus butcherable...

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 11:57:24 am »

What's the point of all this?  ???
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 12:18:32 pm »

Ive got migrants just standing around doing nothing. They barely move from the maps edge and so far dont even seem to recognize the fortress. They didnt even move for the dump i tried to do. I have a meeting hall (dining room), but they wont go there. Id like to post it on the bug tracker but i currently dont have time, so ill leave it here till i get back.

EDIT: Before i forget, my military is also completely ignoring kill orders. Had some badger people running around the map that i wanted to kill off but my military wont leave the barracks (no doors or anything to keep them locked in). I didnt try a move order yet, maybe later.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:20:44 pm by BurnCruise »

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

Ive got migrants just standing around doing nothing. They barely move from the maps edge and so far dont even seem to recognize the fortress. They didnt even move for the dump i tried to do. I have a meeting hall (dining room), but they wont go there. Id like to post it on the bug tracker but i currently dont have time, so ill leave it here till i get back.
They probably don't have a path to your meeting hall.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »

They probably don't have a path to your meeting hall.

That wouldnt explain their lack of motion for a dump order though. I know that nothing is blocking the path to the hall too. Ill have to go back and check/recheck everything.

Oh, and there is a single mining designation that has so far gone uncompleted despite my miners not doing anything. This happens often though and is most likely a matter of time.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »

If you want real unfixed bugs, here are a few:

* You can't make crystal glass
* No dungeon master, tax collector, or hammerer
* Soldiers turn off all labors when becoming Heroes
* Building destroyers attack floor grates
* Sharp stones (i.e. obsidian) don't show up in Z-Stones
* Workshop orders "Auto Fishery" and "Auto Kitchen" don't display their status properly
* Human and dwarven caravans don't bring wagons (made less serious by the fact that pack animals carry way too much)
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 01:06:00 pm »

Big one for me is that dwarves claim new clothes but never put them on no matter how tattered and raggedy their old ones get, eventually rotting away entirely and you end up with totally naked dwarves...

now that I think about it, it'd be awesome if we could specify a standard "Civilian Uniform" in the same way that we specify uniforms for military dwarves... so all the civvies would try to match it as best they could with whatever clothing is available.

--nomad_delta

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 01:21:48 pm »

The only one I can think of is how kobolds die out during world gen (easily fixed bug this is, too).

I wouldn't be so certain about how easy that is to "fix".

Add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] to their raws.

Yes but that's more a get-around than an actual fix.
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:48 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80514.0 : "Bugs - what is now the most important thing to fix?"
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »

I thought i would bump this because i was unsure what to think about my fortress now.

-There are some badger people on the map who arent moving. They dont seem to be acting very... badgerly.

-My military wont leave the base while acting as military. Ive tried both attack and move commands. They become military then just go train.

- New migrants refuse to move into base or even go eat when hungry. None of them are thirsty yet, so ill see if that gets them moving.

- Interesting... I just got another migrant that spawned where the migrants from 2 waves ago spawned. Last 3 waves have been between 1 and 4 migrants. There is a dump order that they are completely ignoring too.

Should i just dump this fort? 1/3 of my dwarfs are completely frozen and there is seemingly no reason for it.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:24 pm »

Military training without a danger room is absolutely useless. I think that's the biggest one.

This is simply not true. Military training works fine.

All you have to do is find an immigrant with skill in the weapon you want and some dodge/shield skill (and preferably teacher skill too but that's rarer) or embark with a dwarf who has that. Make him the squad leader, throw 4 - 9 other dwarves in there with him and wait a while, they will train up no problem. They will do demonstrations till the recruits have decent weapon and defense skills, then they will spar regularly.

If you just throw a bunch of literally unskilled recruits in together what do you expect? They need someone to train them, or they have to learn everything from scratch which of course takes a long time.

Which is not to say the military is completely free of bugs (for example when set at station they won't eat from backpack or drink from waterskin which sort of defeats the point of having them) but for the most part everything works pretty good right now.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »

Should i just dump this fort? 1/3 of my dwarfs are completely frozen and there is seemingly no reason for it.

Given the in game nature of most of the players I'm kinda surprised this doesn't happen more often.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:06 pm »

-My military wont leave the base while acting as military. Ive tried both attack and move commands. They become military then just go train.
- New migrants refuse to move into base or even go eat when hungry. None of them are thirsty yet, so ill see if that gets them moving.
You've probably removed their only path into your fortress without realizing it. Are you using any ramps in your fortress entrance, and if so, are you using them correctly?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3