Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DWARVEN JUSTICE  (Read 1343 times)

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
DWARVEN JUSTICE
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:41:48 pm »

My very liked and much approved of mayor recently met up with a goblin ambush, escaping them for just long enough for a second ambush to appear and make him into a pin cushion.  Tantrum spiral!
Three subsequent dead mayors have either bled to death in their bed, dodged berserk dwarves into a moat of lava or died because a berserk dwarf went crazy in my hospital and killed 14 bed-ridden dwarves, my chief medical officer and my previous captain of the guard.
So in a stroke of utter stupidity I made my strongest axe dwarf my captain of the guard, but seeing how effective he was in the justice department, I let him keep his job.  So far he has given a beating (with his mighty axe of justice) to 19 dwarves for disorderly conduct.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish we could have our hammerer back :(

EDIT: I CAN'T BUILD COFFINS FAST ENOUGH
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:47:59 pm by ISGC »
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DWARVEN JUSTICE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:06:33 pm »

Thats rather typical. It is also why I build 4 mason workshops.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »

What are the ghost's crimes?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

What are the ghost's crimes?

I bet he mandated the construction of an iron chain and ball, tantrumed, moaned in the mayor's office, and got JUSTICE'd.

Can berserk ghosts even attack enemies rather than dwarves ? It would be epically awesome if Urist McLegendaryMilitiaCommander rose back from the dead to fulfill it's promise to defend the dwarven nation and led it's dead subordinates against the gobbos, somehow like this :

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Army_of_the_Dead

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:10:09 pm »

You could always arm your captain of the guard with a candy hammer, but that's no fun.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:11 pm »

I make my captain always go unarmed that way he tends to just punch people once or twice, gets bored, and walks off.  Granted sometimes he strangles them to death instead.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 02:38:57 am »

This is why nice, working jails are good to have in advance, A few iron chains, some beds and booze, toss in an artifact and hey! No more problems.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:38 am »

I love how there's a ghost on that captains list.

"I don't care he's been dead as long as I been alive. No one is above the law!" That can make for B action movie that I would watch.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Shimmler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:38:05 am »

I make my captain always go unarmed that way he tends to just punch people once or twice, gets bored, and walks off.  Granted sometimes he strangles them to death instead.

Well, good for You. Mine captain punched through 3 dwarven skulls, teraing the brain.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 07:06:13 am »

I usually make my captain of the guard a monster in combat. Adamantine Axe with full armor.

If my dwarves cannot follow my orders properly, then they do not deserve to live.

If the fort cannot be succesful because a dwarf fell into the pit'o'doom and caused a tantrum spiral, then they shall all meet the axeblade of Lady Justice.
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 07:11:08 am »

Talk to that ghostly hebalist guy, I bet he would find a way to raise all your deceased dorfs from the dead, turning your fortress into a nice necropolis ;-)
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 10:06:28 am »

One of my McSwordmasters once "got into a fist fight", and by fist I mean stuck his sword through some random Urist's spine. He recieved a beating that he regenerated from instantly, while the guy he attacked is paralyzed forever.

Dwarven Justice is weird.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD