Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Any pokemon mods?  (Read 2743 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Any pokemon mods?
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:03 am »

Look at the subject. are there any pokemon mods that work with version .21 ? i want to have Lucarios guarding my fortress entrance!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any pokemon mods?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »

With .31? None of any real note. There's the occasional abandoned project here and there, but none of them got off the ground.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:41:44 pm »

There was one that ended development after 0.31.03 came out (quite a good while ago) but only made it to the first 100 Pokemon. I would love to make one myself, but I'm not that good of a modder. Regardless, making a Pokemod would be a great idea as the game is suitable to it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:02:41 pm »

Mod thread is here. I didn't even know a conversion project existed.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »

Has anyone thought of making a pokemon mod for 0.31.21? I request for someone to do this, or at least make a mod for Lucarios to be in it.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:04:01 pm »

I've been considering taking up the Pokemon mod project, since I played around with one someone made back in 40D and Pokemon in DF is fun.  Especially with the caste system, I can imagine doing some very interesting things with it.

Maybe I'll start on that...
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

I would very much like to do this. I haven't really taken much of look at modding in DF since 40d, and would very much like to experiment with the cast system, especially with how well it could relate to pokemon. I'll probably give it a shot eventually.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »

Great! it seems the idea of Pokemon in DF isn't dead yet!  8)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:32 am »

But there's, like, 800 pokemon. Modding them all in would take years.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 06:53:26 am »

Yeah, fuck that.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 06:56:54 am »

But there's, like, 800 pokemon. Modding them all in would take years.
The first 2 gens are the only ones worth modding, and of those only the original 151 matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:52 am »

Ah yes...pokemods...I remember my first abortion of an attempt.  Got abandoned so quickly...  Was my first (and only) attempt at making a public mod too.  So many pokemon with bodyparts in their creature definitions that didn't actually exist.

I would like to see somebody actually finish one.  Just think, prepared pikachu liver...  Or if when playing the games your entire team wipes on a single blasted Serperior going into DF and butchering the one you had sitting around in your pastures.

Mmmm, delicious plantsnake.  Tastes like pidgey.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 08:13:25 am »

I support this idea, maybe if each egg group was a different species with a bunch of castes it would be easier/faster
http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/egg-group.shtml
oh, and these box sprites are just the right size for stone sense.....

I've played some of the old ones, and i must say that i loved to read about my artifact pikachu leather boots, with a image of a mankey godess in pidgey bones.

But yeah, we would need a good modder, and a patient one, or it will die like the alternian trolls or the mix mod.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:00:58 pm by Aglathan »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:56 am »

I support this idea, maybe if each egg group was a different spcies with a bunch of castes it would be easyer/faster
http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/egg-group.shtml
oh, and these box sprites are just the right size for stone sense.....

I've played some of the old ones, and i must say that i loved to read about my artifact pikachu leather boots, with a image of a mankey godess in pidgey bones.

But yeah, we would need a good modder, and a patient one, or it will die like the alternian trolls or the mix mod.

Hmm, but aren't wildly differing body types between castes generally a bad idea? I think it might be more reasonable to have perhaps at most the egg types or actual elemental types broken down between different RAW files. Maybe for castes you could have male/female and then shiny/not shiny? Or just have that in descriptors.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 08:51:20 am »

Hmm, but aren't wildly differing body types between castes generally a bad idea?

Only if you don't know how the caste system works.
Pages: [1] 2 3