Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Any pokemon mods?  (Read 2738 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any pokemon mods?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 11:46:57 am »

UNIQUE_DEMON isn't parsed by the raw parser, nor is DEMON. POWER no longer appears to do anything significant.

EDIT3: Hmm, it occurs to me that making lower-evolution pokemon [BABY] or [CHILD] carries three problems: evolution, branching, and actually using the creature. The first might be dealt with somewhat by making some parts change size/color/whatever, and the second by a separate entry for each evolutionary path, but I don't know of a good solution for the last one.

The only ways babies and children can differ from adults is in overall body size and descriptions. Modifying the size of individual parts based on age is impossible.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:17 pm »

would APP_MOD_RATE on a specific body part to make it grow from zero to X in a single time unit which happened to coincide with changing from child to adult work?

POWER appeared to work in worldgen when I put it on a non-civ creature and gave that creature some SPHEREs.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 02:50:56 pm »

It should do, yes. I expect APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE works like body size does (that is, it works both ways), which should allow you to add or remove specific description lines at whichever years of age.

The biggest hurdle is getting over the lack of a means of changing body relsizes.

POWER might've changed recently; the last time I tried using it was .18.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 03:40:00 pm »

Well, some trees don't need to worry about changing RELSIZEs, e.g. zubat, and I guess the ones that do can just have the morphic evolutions as different castes for now.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:02 pm »

I think Castes will work for evolutions.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 2 [3]