Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The most frustrating thing about sieges...  (Read 1699 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most frustrating thing about sieges...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »

You kill them all, then the siege ends.
Then I had a siege that lasted well over 7 years.

I think I killed about 300+ goblins in my most recent fortress. It's honestly kind of stupid how long sieges last if this is the norm.

That's not the norm.
Good because it was honestly turning me off from the game.

I hear about people getting nobles, trade caravans, etc., and I'm stuck with baby-snatchers and armies of about 30+ goblins each ambush. MY only saving grace for a while was they just stood there next to my entrance, staring at my door.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 03:14:14 pm »

My guess is you might have a special candy cane leading to the circus in your fortress.
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 05:01:07 pm »

You kill them all, then the siege ends.
Then I had a siege that lasted well over 7 years.

I think I killed about 300+ goblins in my most recent fortress. It's honestly kind of stupid how long sieges last if this is the norm.

That's not the norm.
Good because it was honestly turning me off from the game.

I hear about people getting nobles, trade caravans, etc., and I'm stuck with baby-snatchers and armies of about 30+ goblins each ambush. MY only saving grace for a while was they just stood there next to my entrance, staring at my door.

Just wait until they bring trolls to bash the doors down ;)

Most annoying things in sieges are elite marksgoblins. Especially if they're mounted, which they usually are.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »

Marksgoblins nearly always prove to be completely impotent against steel armor but it seems theres always some stupid civilian wandering around that gets shot upside the head from across the map by some lucky goblin.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »

I'm on the flip side, I wish more sieges would show up after the first year.  Last few forts, I've had nothing except a single siege with about 10 goblins...

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:57 am »

I'm on the flip side, I wish more sieges would show up after the first year.  Last few forts, I've had nothing except a single siege with about 10 goblins...
Yeah it took me about 3 years to start getting small sieges but they grow pretty much exponentially from there. Just keep your stone crafter going and keep producing a bunch of dyed shoes and legendary meals, you'll have a massive siege in no time.
Pages: 1 [2]