Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released  (Read 43331 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

Fuck yeah. We're back to cursed odd numbers.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »

Here's the 0.31.24 vanilla region1 at DFFD: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4054 . It crashes at unpause starting a new fortress. This has some designations on it showing what I did the first time, but I can upload the initial backup which will crash with no input but unpause (which is what the 0.31.23 version I uploaded is).

It has very simiar conditions to my 0.31.23. Cold environ. All water frozen. snow over everything. Don't know if that matters to what is causing the bug, but with the changes to grazers and grass, it might.

What OS are you using, and is it 32- or 64-bit?

Windows vista home premium 32 bit.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »

I think dwarves are now overzealous:

my militia commander had a arm ripped of by a zombie cave crocodile, he's faint but he's not stopping from his defend burrow duty.

right now, he's bashing zombie crocodiles with is iron shield and happily going along. well, he's concerned about the missing arm but as nothing is damaged or something he's just reporting 'ability to grasp somewhat impaired'

I believe that if this truly is a "bug" in the new version then thsi is the first time I've seen the dorfs themselves made more hardcore with a new release.

Urist McGeneral: "Urists, report for duty."
Urist McTooDumbToLive: "Urist reporting. Don't mind me, I'm just missing my lower body after petting a honey badger."
Urist McFisherman: "Reporting. I had my face ripped off by a shark today, but that's okay."
Urist McToady: *facepalm*

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 05:15:31 pm »

Darn it! Crash on unpause--- AGAIN! New vanilla world, genned in 0.31.24. It crashes just like my 0.31.23 new genned fortress did. Does it hate the cold, with all the water being frozen and everything covered in snow? Toady! Help! I uploaded to DFFF (and linked to it in the 0.31.23 release thread) my pure crash on unpause 0.31.23 region. Do you also need me to upload this region and embarkation so you can make sure it is the same bug?

AWESOME! Toady reports this is fixed in 0.31.25 in mantis. Until then, just don't embark in cold areas.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »

I think that it's more likely that clean cuts have no fixable stuff so no medicare is required.

probably the bug is that no arteries were torn by the attack?

edit: uploaded a save and opened a bug. maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a personal trait.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:28:51 pm by LoSboccacc »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

Wow, that was fast. Now I feel bad about locking the poor dwarf away to die. On a brighter note, 4/4 issues I've reported have been resolved! Most satisfactory.

And wow, looks like .25 is already around the corner. What an age we live in.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 06:33:07 pm »

(*)stopped dwarves from ripping patients out of traction to bring them to bed
(*)decreased triggers for cleaning a bit to try to stop paranoid over-cleaning of patients

lol
i like goats

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »

(*)decreased triggers for cleaning a bit to try to stop paranoid over-cleaning of patients

lol

DF bugs are best bugs.

In other news has anyone noticed that worldgen seems to be getting a little slower with each release? Not that I mind since history is mostly just static right now with some humorous stuff happening inbetween, but still, that's interesting considering actual gameplay tends to get speedier with each bugfix version.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44:26 pm »

lol

DF bugs are best bugs.

In other news has anyone noticed that worldgen seems to be getting a little slower with each release? Not that I mind since history is mostly just static right now with some humorous stuff happening inbetween, but still, that's interesting considering actual gameplay tends to get speedier with each bugfix version.

I haven't noticed a tangible slowdown, but it's a given that when you add in hunger tracking and resource tracking to worldgen, well.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 07:19:28 pm »

If I had to provide healthcare to my dwarves I'd probably be paranoid about cleaning them too.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »

It seems that my animals keep starving to death with hundreds of grass tiles still in their pastures. It looks like they eat out the top-left corner of the pasture and promptly die  :-\
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 07:36:04 pm »

If I had to provide healthcare to my dwarves I'd probably be paranoid about cleaning them too.

Considering that doctors are the only ones who even have an inkling of how dangerously unsanitary those layers of mud, filth, vomit, blood, pus, and forgotten beast god-knows-what are...

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

It seems that my animals keep starving to death with hundreds of grass tiles still in their pastures. It looks like they eat out the top-left corner of the pasture and promptly die  :-\

Noooo, I was happy that I don't have to play an odd number but I don't want my flock to die.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »

Noooo, I was happy that I don't have to play an odd number but I don't want my flock to die.

They're not *all* dying, just a substantial number of them. Actually the pattern seems to be, live long enough to have a baby, then keel over and orphan the thing  ;D

Edit: Also, pastured animals seem to randomly attack eachother for no reason. The stray yak bull strikes the stray giraffe in the lower left leg, bruising the fat!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:55:40 pm by abadidea »

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 09:02:32 pm »

That usually indicates the pasture is too small. Try making other pastures and splitting the animals up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6