Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released  (Read 43338 times)

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 02:17:37 pm »

(*)stopped dwarves from ripping patients out of traction to bring them to bed
That sounds... painful. Thanks for the fixes! I'm starting to get the urge to play again, now that most DF 2010 features actually work as intended.

maybe even get more than 7 hours of sleep if you need to - you really deserve it!
maybe? What the... I don't even... Do you actually think you're being generous here, or something?

As far as what Toady deserves it's at least a month-long vacation in the Bahamas. You don't have to earn/deserve your 7-8 hours of sleep a night, it's a basic human need and right.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 02:19:25 pm »

@salmonGod:
Does that happen as well when playing a .23 in a .23 (or .24) world?

If not, it cannot really be considdered a bug (more a crustacean or so).
Upgrading a fortress to a new version is always risky.
It can just be incompatibility but there is a chance it's highlighting a hidden bug.

----
I'd just genned a  new world! Oh well.
Be carefull ToadyOne, you are spoiling us. :P
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 02:23:12 pm »

@salmonGod:
Does that happen as well when playing a .23 in a .23 (or .24) world?

If not, it cannot really be considdered a bug (more a crustacean or so).
Upgrading a fortress to a new version is always risky.
It can just be incompatibility but there is a chance it's highlighting a hidden bug.

----
I'd just genned a  new world! Oh well.
Be carefull ToadyOne, you are spoiling us. :P

I'm not really sure if it's a compatibility issue or a bug.  I've started a .24 fort, but haven't got far enough to find out.  I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue under different circumstances.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 02:25:27 pm »

Here's the 0.31.24 vanilla region1 at DFFD: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4054 . It crashes at unpause starting a new fortress. This has some designations on it showing what I did the first time, but I can upload the initial backup which will crash with no input but unpause (which is what the 0.31.23 version I uploaded is).

It has very simiar conditions to my 0.31.23. Cold environ. All water frozen. snow over everything. Don't know if that matters to what is causing the bug, but with the changes to grazers and grass, it might.

I can confirm spectacular failure on unpause on Mac OSX.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:39 pm »

The embark crash report is here.  Please post saves and additional information there.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

The embark crash report is here.  Please post saves and additional information there.

Is this the same bug that the snowy fort of Darkstar's is having? I can't tell.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 03:08:48 pm »

(Can't believe I'm saying this)

I think you should put advertisements in so you could make some money, because you deserve it.  I think we could all wait 30 seconds when we open the game or something like that.  Or maybe you should make it so a company can sponsor you, like bud light, and then our dwarves could make bud light or something.  I'm certain it will give you some money.

(I can't donate 24/7, sorry.)
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »

I think you should put advertisements in so you could make some money, because you deserve it.  I think we could all wait 30 seconds when we open the game or something like that.  Or maybe you should make it so a company can sponsor you, like bud light, and then our dwarves could make bud light or something.  I'm certain it will give you some money.

Urist cancels store item in stockpile: drinking a nice refreshing cola?

Edit: Or how about: Urist likes marble, silver, willow, and hydra shampoo for the way it keeps his beard silky and smooth?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:19:21 pm by Newbunkle »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

Urist cancels store item in stockpile: drinking a nice refreshing cola?

Edit: Or how about: Urist likes marble, silver, willow, and hydra shampoo for the way it keeps his beard silky and smooth?

Welcome to Rulecola the Assault of Colas. Our civilization symbol is the Cola. It's also our currency.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »

@ the above

Admit you'd laugh to death.  cola wouldn't be that bad, but what if he was sponsored by sony?  Dwarf has made an artifact:  PS3

Oh, and also, how do I transfer my fort to the new version?  I'm sick and tired of every time he updates I have to lose all the forts.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »

Oh, and also, how do I transfer my fort to the new version?  I'm sick and tired of every time he updates I have to lose all the forts.

Each save is a folder with a name like "region1" in the data/save folder.  Copy that into the new version's data/save.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »

Jeoshua cancels update to 0.31.22: Interrupted by 0.31.23
Jeoshua cancels update to 0.31.23: Interrupted by 0.31.24

JEOSHUA HAS GONE STARK RAVING MAD!!!!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

@ footkerchef  Thanks bro, gonna do that right now.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 03:57:31 pm »

I saw somewhere that www.bay12games.com is worth around  8k based on the page views, and www.bay12forums.com is worthy around  40k. I can live with a little advertizing if this would bring money to toady, but I think he already made his decision about this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

I think dwarves are now overzealous:

my militia commander had a arm ripped of by a zombie cave crocodile, he's faint but he's not stopping from his defend burrow duty.

right now, he's bashing zombie crocodiles with is iron shield and happily going along. well, he's concerned about the missing arm but as nothing is damaged or something he's just reporting 'ability to grasp somewhat impaired'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6