Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cages, Spores, and Wild Animal Sex.  (Read 2463 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Cages, Spores, and Wild Animal Sex.
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:39:01 pm »

I just got a tame female cougar; I have a caged wild male (and another female), and ideally I'd like to get some tame cougar kittens. (too go with my War Lions, Tigers and Bears (oh my!)), the Wiki says caging stops pregnancy; does it only stop a caged female from getting pregnant, or does it also stop the male from sending out spores?

If so, will dropping the male into a walled pit with a hatch cover (1 z, not to death) allow him to spore all over my females?

using 0.31.18 for the moment still as well; and there any notable changes to spore/pregnancy when breeding mammals in the latest? (I know eggs are new, as well as pastures)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lekegolo Khanid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cages, Spores, and Wild Animal Sex.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:46:06 pm »

allow him to spore all over my females?

LOL! On topic, yes, yes it will, If the females are uncaged that is.

LionSilverWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrodinger's Kit
    • View Profile
    • LionWolf Studio
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »

I have yet to see anything that contradicts the following statement: Caged females will not get pregnant, cages males will spore, pregnant females that are then caged will give birth.
Why is this covered in blood?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »

I guess that means you can leave the male caged, and uncage the females in the same room/general area in order to have them spawn young.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »

I guess that means you can leave the male caged, and uncage the females in the same room/general area in order to have them spawn young.
Spores have infinite range and travel through solid rock and magma.  The female can be anywhere on the map relative to the male.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:27:20 pm »

Spores have infinite range and travel through solid rock and magma.  The female can be anywhere on the map relative to the male.
Still more convenient to just put them in one place so they're easy to find.