Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.23 Released  (Read 28819 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.23 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 05:37:02 pm »

So does that mean that attributes will develop over time properly?  I remember there being a bug where they would decay over time, faster than doing work could counteract.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »

I always add the "no attributes decay" cheat from df.magmawiki just in case.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 07:03:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

See Bug #3246.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 07:53:59 pm »

My dwarf with no skill in Clothesmaking, but with great creativity, made a *pig tail fiber rope* on his first try.

Looks like hitting 'v' and picking which dwarf gets which skill set upon embark just became a whole lot more important.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »

My dwarf with no skill in Clothesmaking, but with great creativity, made a *pig tail fiber rope* on his first try.

Looks like hitting 'v' and picking which dwarf gets which skill set upon embark just became a whole lot more important.

I've got a liking for lead sarcophogai to inter my dwarves in, and lacking a migrant metalsmith I had a random milker take up the trade. First he produced a =lead sarcophogus= followed by a series of +sarcophogai+ and *sarcophogai*. My creative, proficient clothier with a liking for pig tail fiber fabric and mittens is a gold mine.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

I think my stonecrafter is legendary+5 and he makes +chert mugs+ from time to time.  I liked the old way better, I think.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:02 pm »

Sacrophagus sacrophagi!

Arr, it burns. ;)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »

Hmm.  I'm not certain it's a new bug but I just noticed it.  It seems when doctors clean a patient if the patient has any compound wounds (like an ankle or a hip) the wounded joint does not get cleaned, meaning the blood never gets removed resulting in infection much of the time.  Of course it could be intentional too, I imagine it could be hard to clean those bits.

Anybody else notice it?

EDIT: It also appears to cause the doctor to spam the clean patient job on them in an attempt to clean the bloody bit in vain.  I know that didn't happen before at least.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:01:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

(*) Some more quick speed tweaks (assorted, but not much: bucket save from 27/28FPS -> 31/32FPS)

On my old laptop (AMD Sempron 3000+, 256MB DDR1, WinXP)  running 150 Dwarves / 2x2 embark was getting ~11 fps (DF 31.21). Loaded the save in 31.23 and it's steady at 24 FPS !! Doubled speed :)

Thanks Toady

EDIT : After running a while stable increase is about 60% faster, still pretty good!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:32:15 pm by Reelyanoob »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »

Sacrophagus sacrophagi!

Arr, it burns. ;)

Whoops, forgot to spellcheck. Of course its sARcophagi :D

Hmm.  I'm not certain it's a new bug but I just noticed it.  It seems when doctors clean a patient if the patient has any compound wounds (like an ankle or a hip) the wounded joint does not get cleaned, meaning the blood never gets removed resulting in infection much of the time.  Of course it could be intentional too, I imagine it could be hard to clean those bits.

Anybody else notice it?

EDIT: It also appears to cause the doctor to spam the clean patient job on them in an attempt to clean the bloody bit in vain.  I know that didn't happen before at least.

I've got something similar with a doctor endlessly diagnosing and attempting to put overlapping left shoulder bone fractures in traction. I mentioned it a little bit ago. I've had to leave the dwarf to die in order to care for new casualties.

I've reported it here- where should I upload a save?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »

The Dwarf Fortress File Depot is the usual place.  It's a site dedicated to all files Dwarf Fortressy.  The bugged saves section is best.  That's where I put the bugged buckets save from last version.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

Yeah, just pop a save up there and I should be able to sort it out.  Hopefully we can see the health care jobs working in this millennium.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

Thanks Greiger, save is uploading now. Could take a hell of a long time though- I'll note when its finished.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:15 pm »

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »

Toady the great one, I thank you most profusely and greatly for the additional speed.  It earns a donation because I will no longer have to take extra blood pressure medication due to frustration of sub 1 FPS forts.  Thank you so very much for the optimization!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:45:59 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6