Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.23 Released  (Read 28820 times)

BulMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok follower
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.23 Released
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 09:46:37 am »

Are 0.22 worlds safe to use? I can't see any changes that might require regen but still worth asking before i dig deeper :P

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 09:49:00 am »

Yeah, I think they'll be fine if you don't mind missing out on the animal tweaks (some of those can be moved over manually to your raw folder, but I'm not sure if all of them can -- adding teeth would be somewhat dangerous).

It's good to hear that the speed changes happened for some people.  It's hard to know working with one save on one system whether or not anything is going to carry over to lots of forts in the same way.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

BulMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok follower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 09:56:50 am »

Yeah I copied the raws, worst come to worst I can live with toothless ratmen. Thanks Toady!

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 10:01:52 am »

Stopped goblin siegers from fighting amongst themselves all the time

Aww, I was kinda impressed how the siegers would frag their commander after the gates slammed shut.   :-\  Seemed pretty realistic to me.   ;D

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:25 am »

Yay! I think toady got a lot of the prevalent bugs that I can think of. There's still some others but I think the majority of them are minor. Hats off to you Toady! Fixing a lot of the major bugs in a short space of time is great :D . Can't wait for the next bug cycle. It really makes me think that the 0.31.x versions really have a chance of being similar speed/bug content versus the older 40d version. but still having a LOT of extra stuff.
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 10:29:19 am »

That's a lot of bugs for two days.  This bug-crushing drive has reallly stunned me with how fast so many bugs have been rooted out.

Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 10:32:18 am »

Great work Toady! Yesterday's fort my best soldier became injured and a crutch-user. In my worlds giant penguins and giant moose have prone_to_rage:1 hehee
and with my minotaurs having natural_skill they are a proper threat, not just a clumsy elephant-clone.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:18 am »

I noticed that some vermin (lizards and small birds) have the LAYS_EGGS token now. Are vermin eggs just as unobtainable as vermin meat and vermin leather?

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 10:43:35 am »

I acquired vermin meat once. I think it was caused by a Dwarf capturing a Creepy Crawler in an animal trap, while standing inside a Butcher's.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:54 am »

All hail Toady One!  ;D

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 11:36:22 am »

Natural skill fix!

This was a major bug for modding, as skill rates can be used to create different tiles for different castes.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 11:47:04 am »

What do you mean by natural skill fix?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:52:58 am by Bouchart »

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:54 am »

The last 20 days has seen just a ridiculous amount of bug fixing. Very awesome. Thanks for focusing on bug fixes, Toady, I feel that this will give us a great stable release to play with until Release 1 of the new 'arc'

My one complaint is that World Gen is now incredibly slow. 1 year of generation taking a 2-3 seconds is crazy. The whole application seems bogged down (switching between DF and another application is very slow). Probably a memory leak?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:28 am »

Natural skills weren't being applied at their proper levels. So something that should start out with levels in a skill (dragons, other major monsters) didn't, making it less powerful than it should be.

The way it's been fixed now, swimming at least starts out at 0XP for its level. Before, it was just a multiplication of XP, so something that started Swimming at Novice and had a 200% learn rate would drown for a bit and then hit Adequate when dropped in water. Now it just drowns.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 11:55:16 am »

Lol I just noticed that Giant Penguins have the mount_exotic tag!  Awesome, just... awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6