Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Do not vote until you have read the latest update)

A
- 1 (16.7%)
B
- 3 (50%)
C
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Underdark  (Read 4152 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Underdark
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:45 pm »

Hah hah hah help us...

He will help us if we do things for him. If you want something for this, make sure to get a price from him first.

Actually he's doing it for you, probably to later extract a fovor in return. He's a "friend" in as much as he isn't actively trying to off you. In that respect he's much like your Matron, who is also not trying to kill you, although Matron has more direct gain in that another priestess is a very good thing.

Your bro is looking out for himself in this, guys. the thing is, do you think you can twist it into a mutually benificial arrangement or not?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 05:56:44 pm »

A): I will go in myself. I'm confident in my abilities as a preistess, and Lolth will look upon my boldness with favor I am sure.

You turn down your mothers offer of the slave, insisting that you go yourself. She looks slightly put out, but not enough to take another finger from you. You scurry into the hall before she can work up a good rage.

It seems the intiation ceremony is about to begin. Everyone takes a couple seconds to look at you and you squeak out your formal introduction. Everyone looks back at their business and goes about setting up.

You sit near some other acolytes from houses allied with yours. They greet you quietly and you begin to discuss what is upcoming. The two loudest of the bunch are Alli, a pale, thin girl and a powerful preistess, with big lips and a tiny nose. The other is the polar opposite, with even darker skin than normal and corpulent to boot. Her name is Ziana, but the rest of you call her Rothe. To her face. It earned you a few scars in the beginning, but eventually Ziana warmed up to the idea and turned the stubborn creature into a symbol. It was admirably done.

"I heard that they have you sit in a bed of poisonous spiders, and then they cast pain spells on you. If you move the spiders will bite and you die!" Rothe said breathlessly.

"Are you calling my Matron a liar?" Said Alli indignantly, "She told me in confidence that the trial was to fight a Yochol, and if you survived for thirty seconds you were accepted!"

"that's Rothe shit."

"It's true!"

"I heard you put on a hat and it tells them if you're going to make it or not," piped up a frail girl from house Xanibar.

"Now that's rothe shit!" Snickered Alli. You and the rest of the girls join in. A hat, really? Why not a pair of bloomers from Triel Banere hersel-

You feel someone intrude in your mind. You reflexively try to block the intrusion, but whoever it is is a powerful priestess and holds open your mind. Dimly you're aware your entire mental monologue is being broadcasted to the entire assembly.

"Now, explain to me why you were thinking of my 'bloomers'. And for the rest of your information," Drawls Triel, "I happen to wear panties. When I'm in a under-garment wearing mood." The rest of the acolytes laugh loudly at Triels joke. You gulp and wonder what it'll be like in the Demonweb pits.

"Horrible, I assure you." Says Triel. She lays a hand on your shoulder like a spider, featherlight and poisonous.

"Explain yourself well and I might let you off with a leg." Triel says as if that were a boon. "Or two. I'm in a giving mood today."

A): "Don't kill me!"

B): "We were just wondering what the initiation ceremony might include and someone said a hat and then I had a stray thought..."

C): Say nothing
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »

B( A shows weakness and C will get us killed.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 12:44:06 am »

Both will get us killed, weakness is to be hated in the Drow society
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 08:49:54 am »

B
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »

B): "We were just wondering what the initiation ceremony might include and someone said a hat and then I had a stray thought..."

"Stray thoughts can kill." purrs Triel. The snake heads from her whip wrap around your neck, cutting off the air. You know better than to struggle.

"Stay still, pet. This'll only hurt a bit." She slips a dagger between your ribs and into your heart. You feel life ebb away on the cold stone floors of Arach-Tinilith...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Wake up." He says, leaning over you. The Doctors white lab coat meshes with the light, making him look like a god. Or a demon.

You realize you're breathing heavily. You can't move your arms or legs. The harsh electric light reaches into your eyes even when you blink. The cold steel of the table is uncomfortable.

"You need to rest. We can't have you dying before you can find it."

A): "Find what?"

B): "Who are you?"

C): "Who am I?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »

B

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:38 pm »

A

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:15 pm »

All of them in rapid sucession.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:28 pm »

Because I can"-WolfTengu

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 06:31:17 am »

or how about none of them? gather your strength. concentrate. and DO NOT BROADCAST.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:23 pm »

B): "Who are you?"
"Don't worry. It's temporary Amnesia. It'll wear off in a little bit, as your memory returns. As for myself... You may call me Doctor." He motions towards a tiny man with over-large eyes and telescope-like eyeglasses. The small man looks quite rediculous, like a charicature. "His name is Nurse Simon. He's the one in charge of the Machine. If you have more questions, ask him." Doctor stalks away, leaving you to finally examine your surroundings.

The lab is like something out of a sci-fi novel. Whitewashed, smooth walls surround you, gracefully arching into the ceiling like a squareish dome. Several Flourescent lights are embedded in the cieling, casting a harsh electric glow around the lab. You rest on a pure white table. Tiny lights flash up and down the sides, clustering towards the head. As you watch, most of them power down.

You yourself seem to be human. Your nails are fine, but not manicured, suggesting you were middle class. You're still female. A quick tug at your hair proves it to be short and mouse brown. You're... almost completely naked, save for the thin robe-thing that they use in hospitals. You don't think you ever knew that word...

Your thoughts turn inward. You can't remember your name. You can't remeber your past. You can't remember why you agreed to do this. You need Simon to tell you what's going on. Yes. What will you ask him though?

A): "Where are my clothes?"

B): "Why am I here?"

C): [say nothing]
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 05:04:40 pm »

You know you guys can and probably should post right? Just because the answers are in a poll doesn't mean you can't speculate.

Also this is the last time I'm going to bump this just because no-one feels like saying anything.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

I voted C so we would be naked longer. :^D

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 09:47:31 pm »

>.> You've got to be bloody kidding me.
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4