Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Do not vote until you have read the latest update)

A
- 1 (16.7%)
B
- 3 (50%)
C
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Underdark  (Read 4155 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Underdark
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:05 pm »

C) if we seem mundane, then they would have less reason to attack us.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »

If we're in the robes of a priestess of Lolth they have even LESS reason to attack us than just mundane robes. Unless they are those freaks who worship their 'good' spider goddess.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »

C.

We want to be a preistess eventually, so why not start now?

(Why are we going to Melee-Magathere again? We are a noble right?)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 02:14:03 pm »

C.

We want to be a preistess eventually, so why not start now?

(Why are we going to Melee-Magathere again? We are a noble right?)
You're not. At this rate you're going to Arach Tinilith to be a preistess. And nobles do go to Melee-Magathere, but they're mostly guys because all the girls and their mothers want to be preistesses of the Spider Queen. Because of that sweet-ass whip.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »

Plus ya know, we're Drow, let the males do the grunt work while females lord over them and plot to assassinate each other.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

C): A nice set of preistess wear. The spider broach is filled with poison, the sleeves have dagger sheathes inside them, and of course it's been blessed by Lolth to protect me from assassins. For the most part, though this is my most mudane apparel. We are the 45th house, after all.

You dress yourself for Arach-Tinilith, slipping a small assortment of daggers into the hidden pockets, as well as offering a small prayer to Lolth for good luck. You had squirreled away a scroll of Stone Skin for a rainy day, but you never did use it and you don't have the space in your pack to fit a scroll without it being seen. Besides, they probably have guards there anyway.

You head out the door and through the tiny manor your ancestors had built. It's hardly enough to be called a structure, more a squarish set of caves in a relatively small stalagmite, but it's been your home for almost fifty years and you know each of the hallways intimately. You head out into the courtyard; which is on the ground level, seeing as your house isn't high enough on the scale to quite afford the cost of putting it somewhere inaccessable. Your Matron Mother greets you.

"Aww, and there's my little Azzie. All ready for your first day of school sweetie? We wouldn't want you to have to see your intestines before you're ready, hmm?" She says sweetly, sugar dripping from her words heavy enough to attract flies. Duzh huffs, turning up her nose. Your other sisters simply look at you blankly, another threat in a world of constant danger. Your brother narrows his eyes slightly but crosses his arms. You've always been on good terms with him.

It's time to go. There's only the matter of how you want to arrive. You're Matron has high hopes for you, strangely, and she'll spare no expense to make a display if you should ask. Then again, she isn't set on it and going in too flashy could make some of the other Acolytes upset. It's your choice.

A): I'll go in low-profile. It may be a little below my station, but I won't rock the boat and I may stay under the radar. Of course, I also won't appear as a threat, and Acolytes from houses even lower on the scale may try to kill me and increase their standing.

B): I'll go in the way I'm supposed to. Not flashy, but nice enough. We'll use the hover disk and Matron will accompany me, but little else. I may be a target for the houses closest to us, but those lower than me should keep their distance and I won't make any high-houses angry.

C): I'll go in with a bang. Literally. It's going to draw every eye in the academy on me, but maybe I can keep them so unbalanced they won't know when I'm weak and when I'm strong. Besides, acting that confident will intimidate my enemies; they won't know if I have an ace up my sleeve or not.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 03:46:00 pm »

A) destroy the lower house fools who dare try their hands at us, and find a way to take out more acceptable rivals in a more sutble maner.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 08:38:28 pm »

B): I'll go in the way I'm supposed to. Not flashy, but nice enough. We'll use the hover disk and Matron will accompany me, but little else. I may be a target for the houses closest to us, but those lower than me should keep their distance and I won't make any high-houses angry.

It's no sure bet for safety, but you decide to head in with a small amount of flair. You won't sneak in, but you aren't going to crash through the wall on a sheet of flame either. Your brother looks disappointed as he puts his wand away. It's almost disheartening, the look on his face.

You march to Arach-Tinilith in a small diamond of soldiers, your Matron Mother floating besides you on her disc, your sisters in step, and your brother making rude symbols on Duzh's back with faerie fire. You laugh to yourself and shoot him a thumbs up. He looks happy to have at least one ally in the house.

Arach-Tinilith is huge, towering into the gloom on eight arching stone legs. The spiders head opens to the cavern, with two fangs outsperead and covered in glyphs. Inside it's chillier than it should be, and dark, even in infravision. There's a large amount of heat emenating from the large hall just inside though. Your mother offers to send in a slave to announce your presence. Your brother offers to go in as well, citing that he is nobility and thus may have a larger impact. You expect he's more interested in finding a woman than introducing you, but he can be trusted to at least warn them that you are incoming.

Or you could go in yourself. You aren't sure what effect that would have on the priestesses, but you do know that it was only done once before, and that it's been associated with the chosen of Lolth ever since. It may not be a good idea to tread in Matron Baenre's boots too soon, however. At least not until you prove yourself a very powerful preistess. Still, it is your decision...

A): I will go in myself. I'm confident in my abilities as a preistess, and Lolth will look upon my boldness with favor I am sure.

B): Send in the slave. If they kill her it is of no consequence, and if they do not it is custom. I never was one to break with tradition.

C): Send in my brother. He is ever so useful, and I'm sure he will survive. Besides, a noble announcer will suggest we have some power to spare, possibly protecting me against any would-be assassins.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 09:32:30 pm »

A

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:17 pm »

C,Power levling and killing our enemies by kissing up to Loth for the win!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 10:54:41 pm »

A
Because I can"-WolfTengu

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 11:02:23 pm »

How in hell did my post get here? meh, I suggest C( Always a good idea to help our allies.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 11:35:19 pm »

C,Power levling and killing our enemies by kissing up to Loth for the win!
How in hell did my post get here? meh, I suggest C( Always a good idea to help our allies.

What are you talking about? C does not do any of that.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:36 pm »

First one I posted at an eralier time and it got shoot here ???
But the second one will please our brother who is a okay wizard and may help us if we help him.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 12:12:29 pm »

Hah hah hah help us...

He will help us if we do things for him. If you want something for this, make sure to get a price from him first.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4