Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Do not vote until you have read the latest update)

A
- 1 (16.7%)
B
- 3 (50%)
C
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Underdark  (Read 4151 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Underdark
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »

You are born below the stone, in a deep cavern, to uncertain parents. Your name is yet to be decided, however. What is it, and who are your parents?

A): I am Azoleth Dir'ante. My parents are Dark Elves, and I grew up in Menzobaranzan. My mother was a small matron mother of a small house, and my father was a slave. She had him executed before I was born. I have three sisters and a brother, all of whom want me dead. I am turning twenty tomorrow, and will begin my training at the Academy shortly.

B): I am Nebble Gemdirt. I am a svirfneblin, a deep gnome. I spent my early years in the care of a foster mother, my parents dead to a drow raid soon after I was born. I have always had a taste for adventure, and soon I will set out into the deeps in search of riches untold. I can't afford much equipment, but I should be able to survive if I play my cards right.

C): My name is Olm. I am a slave to Grey Dwarves. My parents are somewhere in this city, but I never knew them. All I know is that I need to get out of here. I'm not spending my life with my back bent to the level of these little bastards. I don't have anything to call my own, but I have plenty of things that belong to other people.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Underdark
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »

A): I am Azoleth Dir'ante. My parents are Dark Elves, and I grew up in Menzobaranzan. My mother was a small matron mother of a small house, and my father was a slave. She had him executed before I was born. I have three sisters and a brother, all of whom want me dead. I am turning twenty tomorrow, and will begin my training at the Academy shortly.

"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:42 pm »

B.

Also, what race is Olm?

Also^2 what gender is Azoleth Dir'ante? I would assume male, but eh.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:34:47 pm »

Question, which start is most likely to involve illitheds? Best species in underdark, bar none.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:38 pm »

Question, which start is most likely to involve illitheds? Best species in underdark, bar none.

Illitheds are slime.

Avoid.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »

Well obviously we should avoid them, that's why I asked which is most likely to involve them.
But they are a pretty cool race. I would call Drow the best but too many people associate Drow with Drizz't, who I loath.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:28 pm »

Drizz't is cool. Way overdone, but that is not his fault.

Edit: Also, if the drow is female, we should totally do...

No. Wait.

If the drow is female we should play with...

Fuck.

If the drow is female we should h.

We should be her.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:40:07 pm »

C): My name is Olm. I am a slave to Grey Dwarves. My parents are somewhere in this city, but I never knew them. All I know is that I need to get out of here. I'm not spending my life with my back bent to the level of these little bastards. I don't have anything to call my own, but I have plenty of things that belong to other people.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:17:24 am »

Setting up a poll, because I think it'll be easier that way.

Olm is human, and Azoleth is a female, although I won't force you to go to Arachtinith (or however you spell it).
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 07:19:22 am »

Do we vote in the poll and do a post? I went with Alpha, first vote too.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:33 am »

Yeah, the poll is just to make things easier for me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:21 pm »

We need a tie-breaker; A or C?
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 12:30:52 pm »

A.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 12:31:47 pm »

A.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

"Wake up."

Your sloth earns you a swift kick in the ribs from Duzh, you eldest sister. She's still bitter about having to take care of you for all these years, and she was never very nice to begin with. You guess it must be part of being a priestess of Lolth.

"I'm 'wake" you mumble, rising from your cot.

"Good. Put on some clothes and meet us by the entryway. We'll send you off to the Academy, and we'll be rid of your useless carcass until you're capable of fighting off small rats and the occasional goblin." You fight to surpress a smile. Duzh's strong point was never insults. Of course, you think quickly, knowing she could read your thoughts at any time, you would never want to have to face her in open combat. Never.

She smirks and leaves your room. You cast about for your clothing, but what should you wear? It would be a good thing to be prepared for wherever you're going, you've heard they test newcomers right off the bat. You have three choices, and the one you make may determine which building you go to.

A): Hardened scale-mail, to protect me when I go to Melee-Magathere. You never know when a dagger may find your back; or, I suppose, a sword. Or maybe a mace. Anyways, it's good to be protected when you're a fighter.

B): A ornate robe. It's lined with hidden pockets so that I can keep my spell components on my person at all times. It's also enchanted to protect me from small fire-balls and one or two magic missles. I already have enough ingredients to start up a small apothecary in there!

C): A nice set of preistess wear. The spider broach is filled with poison, the sleeves have dagger sheathes inside them, and of course it's been blessed by Lolth to protect me from assassins. For the most part, though this is my most mudane apparel. We are the 45th house, after all.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4