Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dragons: Sissies.  (Read 1991 times)

bluelang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragons: Sissies.
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »

Dragon just showed up and got immediately owned by a single squad of gobbo pikers. :( I even sent out a rescue party, but it was too late. They need better armor.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons: Sissies.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

I had a single wrestler punch a cyclops to death. He lost his ability to walk though, so yea.
He wasnt even a good wrestler or even very strong.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

I picture dragons in DF to be less Smaug and more H.R.Pufnstuf.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 02:34:24 pm »

The problem with dragons is that they bleed.

If it bleeds it can die from a thousand papercuts. :(

This is why a BC is so fearsome. No blood.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:36:25 pm »

There is a reason I ripped off borrowed ripped off TomiTapio's tough body materials out of Deon's genesis mod for my own personalized DF.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 02:47:01 pm »

I had a single (not elite) swordsgoblin in crappy armor kill my war dragon all by himself.

He was somehow unaffected by two huge gouts of flame, engaged the dragon at close distance and chopped him to bits without sustaining a single injury himself.

All I can say is: weak.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:44 pm »

Was he fully grown (1000+ years old)?

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »

Was he fully grown (1000+ years old)?
I'm guessing not, with the default years set to 250. Are the first dragons of their kind generally already 800 years old or so?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »

IIRC, they are generated at ~250 years old.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »

You can adjust the raws to change the rate at which they mature, or make them tougher by having them made out of different materials other than flesh and blood.

Metallic or chromatic dragons could be interesting. Bronze dragons, gold dragons, iron dragons, adamantine dragons, slade dragons, cobalt dragons, bauxite dragons...

:D

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 03:32:47 pm »

Dwarf lung dragons?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »

I think the last time a dragon attacked a fort of mine, an archer stationed on a wall shot it once in the head and killed it instantly. So much for cage trapping it....

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 03:35:37 pm »

I think the last time a dragon attacked a fort of mine, an archer stationed on a wall shot it once in the head and killed it instantly. So much for cage trapping it....

Yup, they're generally quite wimpy. My last dragon attack was thwarted by a recently arrived fisherdwarf, who slowly strangled the dragon to death. :(

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »

Yup, they're generally quite wimpy. My last dragon attack was thwarted by a recently arrived fisherdwarf, who slowly strangled the dragon to death. :(

On the positive side, you can now give that fisherdwarf the incredibly badass surname of "Dragon Strangler"

On the negative side, well, no dragon :P

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 07:37:37 pm »

On the positive side, you can now give that fisherdwarf the incredibly badass surname of "Dragon Strangler"

On the negative side, well, no dragon :P
He probably doesn't even use a pole for fishing ... just wades into the water and begins stranglinggrabbing fish and tossing them onto the shore.  :o :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: [1] 2