- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 13, 2011, 10:28:49 pm

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129

Author Topic: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence  (Read 185564 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence
« Reply #885 on: August 01, 2011, 04:23:56 pm »

Destroy the last car in the train using frag rounds and salvage materials from the rubble. Also reload mah boomstick.

You do re-

No, I'm gonna let you do it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 01, 2011, 09:15:35 pm »

Oh and make sure no one is on said LAST car on the train. Including myself. Then blow it up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 02, 2011, 01:01:49 am »

With the flying, I'm going to be glowing rather more than when less active, but that said, I'm going to Investigate the Truss Bridge, particularly for any damage or weak points. Oh, and I'll keep an eye on the Japa, just in case.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:21 am »

Get off the train, then look for anything useful.  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:38 am »

Scout around the bridge for possible hostiles.

Hostiles other than the possessed train, that is.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 02, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

Let him go and teleport further down the tracks rapidly.

How does your teleportation power work anyway? I'm going to assume it's technology.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 02, 2011, 05:15:37 pm »

Technology. If I don't have an area mentally mapped out really well I have a chance of teleporting halfway inside a wall and losing an arm, but this is open terrain so I don't have that problem.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 02, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »

Technology. If I don't have an area mentally mapped out really well I have a chance of teleporting halfway inside a wall and losing an arm, but this is open terrain so I don't have that problem.

Actually, this is all taking place inside a little valley that's been cut out of the mountain for the tracks to run through. I have something much more diabolical in mind though. You rolled a 1. :D

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:59 pm »

Little valley is kinda open terrain. Most of the danger comes in enclosed spaces, and if I have the layout committed to memory the danger drops to nil.

Well, in the game Iji, anyway. Here, who knows what the fuck.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 02, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »

Dermonster: Let him go and teleport further down the tracks rapidly.
Fuzzy: This train has obviously stopped for a reason. Find that reason and make it start the train again.
Ragnarok: Search for something to test my shiny new magic on.
Kisame: Destroy the last car in the train using frag rounds and salvage materials from the rubble.
01101: Investigate the Truss Bridge, particularly for any damage or weak points.
TolyK: Get off the train, then look for anything useful. 
Japa: Scout around the bridge for possible hostiles.

Dermonster: 1

You repeatedly teleport down the tracks to where Japa and 01101 are investigating the bridge.

You hear a loud fizzling. It seems your teleportation device has burnt out. Damn. You begin walking down the bridge under your own power.

Fuzzy:

You go down and ask Toly what stopped the train. Turns out it was Japa. Women.

Ragnarok: 4

You head out of the train to blast some trees with Firaga.

You set things on fire, then put them back out with Bizzaga. GOOD TIMES!

Kisame:

You load up some FRAG-12s and fire a full load of them into the caboose. It blows up in a large explosion! Seems they had some other explosives back there. It only damaged the boxcar immediately next in line, so you just disconnect it. No harm done, right?

01101: 2

You notice that as you approach the bridge, you begin to feel very, very odd. You back away from the bridge, and let Japa investigate it.

Toly: 4

You stumble off into the woods and find a corpse. Woohoo, corpse!

The corpse is holding a medical bag containing TIAIMAs and a few Stimpaks. Score!

Japa: 5

You notice that the glowing thing is being repulsed by the bridge, and so decide to check out its structure. You notice that the trusses have been loaded up with explosives, connected to a vibration-sensitive detonator. You decide that walking over the bridge probably wouldn't be a good idea, let alone driving a train over it.

Text:

Dermonster begins walking down the rail, ignoring Japa's attempts to get his attention. After a few steps...

*BOOM*

Derm, standing right on top of the detonator, is now a torso. Japa was hit by shrapnel and blast wave, and is severely stunned and suffering from bad internal and external injuries. 01101 is unharmed.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Frelock: Medic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyberix: MJ-12 MIB (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kisame12794: Miner (click to show/hide)

Party TOAST Credits: 1,800 TC.

NPCs:

Spoiler: Action Lamp: Lamp (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09:44 pm »

You know that I didn't actually expect any materials. Find a pig and slaughter it for its bacon. Force feed said bacon to Derm. Because bacon heals all.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 02, 2011, 06:11:31 pm »

You know that I didn't actually expect any materials. Find a pig and slaughter it for its bacon. Force feed said bacon to Derm. Because bacon heals all.

Derm's some ways away, though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 02, 2011, 06:15:54 pm »

This is for that "Frustratingly in character" thing isn't it?

Well I have no idea what the fuck to do now, within four-5 turns, I've been introduced and then you've made me absofuckinglutely useless. I can't teleport, which would have been workable, but Now I cannot move under my own power, which makes being an assassin absolutely worthless, and I'll probably just bleed out within three turns anyway!

Sit there and go into shock. Medical shock.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 02, 2011, 06:17:11 pm »

I DEMAND A HAND WAVE!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 02, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »

I DEMAND A HAND WAVE!

If only you had some convenient means of relatively high-speed transportation!

Such as a train!

This is for that "Frustratingly in character" thing isn't it?

Nah, the bomb was always there. You just happened to be the one to set it off.

Even worse, if the real Frelock doesn't post soon, his character will disappear mysteriously and not be able to make you new legs. Better send him a PM if you want to live.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:36:43 pm by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129