Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)  (Read 6695 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »

No less than 6 ghosts, it varies according to which ones are visible and which are underground.  No loss of FPS at all.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »

So now to wait for them to die, and will they breed?

Will it suddenly pause as Urist McGhostlyLyeMaker has given birth to a ghostly baby boy?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »

Actually, My strength has been broken.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:37 pm »

Oh well, you'll know if you do the haunted insanity.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »

Well, either way it appears that ghost lag is gone.  Any non-violent ghosts can be left intact.

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
Re: 0.31.22 changelog
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 08:20:22 pm »

Also, hotkeys seem buggy.  When I place a hotkey via the h menu, it takes me to a spot nearby but not on the hotkey, about 16-17 spaces aside.  This may be because I'm haxing phoebus graphics.  Can someone confirm?
I know that I'm late, but I think that it's because it used to base hotkeys based on the top-left corner, but now I think that it's based on the center.
(*) Made recentering hotkeys work in other dwarf modes (ones with x cursors)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 08:46:03 pm »

Wow, that's a big hassle...  I play without menu or minimap on, so when I hit h to define hotkeys, it pushes the map inward and the "center of the screen" is shifted a few tiles, so the x isn't on the center anymore.  It's like I'm getting punished for playing without the extra panels...

Advice?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:09 pm »

I downloaded this now that all the bugfixes have been released. I will revel in the new features before modding it to death again.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »

Wow, that's a big hassle...  I play without menu or minimap on, so when I hit h to define hotkeys, it pushes the map inward and the "center of the screen" is shifted a few tiles, so the x isn't on the center anymore.  It's like I'm getting punished for playing without the extra panels...

Advice?
From my experience when making a hotkey spot with the game windowed, then going full screen, that the "center" of the hotkey mark (for lack of a better term) is about 10 tiles diagonal down from upper left corner of the screen regardless of what the current view mode is.  This doesn't care whether you have the menu/map out or not, nor whether you are at the default windowed size, larger, or full screen.  This is, of course, for pre-0.31.22 DF.

I know this because I set up a hotkey on the right side of a full screened game, then zoomed to it while windowed (default 80x25), and what I wanted to see was off the screen to the right because I was now in a smaller display with the menu open.  When full screen, the upper left corner was exactly the same, but I could actually see what I'd intended the hotkey to focus on.

If the change is what I think it is (can't see now, as I'm at work) then the game is trying to move the "center" of your hotkeyed area to the actual center of the screen, instead of to the point 10-12 tiles diagonal from the upper left corner of the display area.  It may also be actually trying to move the 'X' to that point as well (and that 'X' would be generally centered as well).

If you remap the hotkey with the map set where you wanted it to be you shouldn't have any problems at all (other than having to reset the 'z'oom part for each of the hotkeys).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2011, 09:22:46 pm »

The issue is, I go to a spot.  For example, I go to the bottom left corner of the map, then hit up twice, and right three times, so that I'm at about the middle bottom of a 3x3 embark.  Then I make a hotkey there.  When I hit h, it opens the little box on the right, so that the cursor isn't on the center of the screen, but rather slightly to the left of center.  Then I close the hotkey window, and when I press that hotkey, it takes me slightly to the left, where the cursor was with the side-panel open.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could move the cursor while the hotkey screen is open, but as it is, it will always be offset by the thickness of that window, and that's started to get annoying...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »

The issue is, I go to a spot.  For example, I go to the bottom left corner of the map, then hit up twice, and right three times, so that I'm at about the middle bottom of a 3x3 embark.  Then I make a hotkey there.  When I hit h, it opens the little box on the right, so that the cursor isn't on the center of the screen, but rather slightly to the left of center.  Then I close the hotkey window, and when I press that hotkey, it takes me slightly to the left, where the cursor was with the side-panel open.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could move the cursor while the hotkey screen is open, but as it is, it will always be offset by the thickness of that window, and that's started to get annoying...
Ah, then what you need to do is your normal routine, then press d or k and shift+arrow right enough so the map moves once, and then create your hotkey.  That 11 tile jump should be enough to compensate for the missing menu. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »

Except that it's 16 spaces, I counted.  I think my option here is to change the init to make the zoom 16 spaces at a time, so that I can place it where I please, make the hotkey, then turn it back to normal.  Either way, Toady has made an oversight...

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2011, 11:53:00 pm »

DF still doesn't have walnuts, does it?  How is my "room with a moose" trap going to be effective without them?
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2011, 11:56:51 pm »

Rock nuts?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:08 pm »

Press Tab a few times so the menu list is active, then do your designations?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8