Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)  (Read 6709 times)

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:07 pm »

I set for myself [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREATE_ADAMANTINE_WAFERS], [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREATE_WOOD], [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREATE_ADAMANTINE_THREAD], [PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_COKE], [PERMITTED_BUILDING:PRACTICE WORKSHOP] (with corresponding reactions), and [NO_EAT], [NO_SLEEP] and [SPEED:0] for dwarves.

Of course, I only embark on Untamed Wilds, close to elves and goblins (unless there's a whole bunch of human citadels up close, which in this case i settle up next to them), engage war with everyone, dig out all the FB's I can find...

'tis real fun...and !!FUN!! sometimes when I forget that building close to a Goblin Fortress means that the moment I send my first batch of adamantine toys in adamantine bins will be close to the moment a HUGE siege pops up.
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

Right now I'm just killing time and trying to see if I can get all the offsets sorted for therapist for .22.  Other than that, waiting on the dwarven clean-up crews to take care of siege mess in the front, and wondering if my new crutch walker will make legendary....

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 01:32:40 pm »

Ok, my guys seem to be getting out of the hospital... slowly.  The hospital isn't respecting limits, and it's stocking 119985/75000 thread and 10000/50000 cloth (I have plenty of both).  For some reason the remaining three invalids (three already left) keep generating the surgery job, and get surgery performed with no record of medical care.  I am at a loss...  I'm going to go shave something and eat something (two different things, probably) and see if they move.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

No guesses on the mystery surgeries.

And I'm not having limits respected either at the moment, at least for thread. 105000/75000.

Cloth is exactly 50k/50k.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 01:55:26 pm »

Ok, my guys seem to be getting out of the hospital... slowly.  The hospital isn't respecting limits, and it's stocking 119985/75000 thread and 10000/50000 cloth (I have plenty of both).  For some reason the remaining three invalids (three already left) keep generating the surgery job, and get surgery performed with no record of medical care.  I am at a loss...  I'm going to go shave something and eat something (two different things, probably) and see if they move.
No guesses on the mystery surgeries.

And I'm not having limits respected either at the moment, at least for thread. 105000/75000.

Cloth is exactly 50k/50k.

Did you reuse saves on the new version? Was there a hospital in it? Were the previous values for hospital supplies respected?
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:39 pm »

I think hers is a new game.

Mine is an old save. And it never cared about the old limits on prior versions (at least from what I saw).  I just didn't want to start over again, but I wanted my hospital working.  Which it is, now that I've got an armed dwarf hobbling around on a crutch.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »

Mine is a new game, made for .22, and btw Therapist is working in .22, check the thread in modding section to learn the hack for it.

Hospitals seem to cause massive stocking when they run low.  As soon as they're below the limit, every piece of cloth is marked for the hospital.  This wasn't fixed, although it's in the changelog...  I don't understand why hospitals work different than pond zones, which cause exactly one action per zone.  If the hospital only triggers one stocking job at a time, it would be slower to stock but it wouldn't overflow.

I also now have a ghost.  Apparently a caravan guard when sword-happy on the local giant capybara, and took several out before dying.  So now there's a ghostly swordsdwarf hanging around.  No lag yet, but he's recent and only one ghost.  We'll see what happens.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 02:42:11 pm »

And I may have something new myself.  The named horse from the siege Oce, well, he's in the butcher's shop.  I'm beginning to wonder if he might be "stuck".

I'm going to go out and trim some hedges and see if he's still being processed into meaty goodness when I come back.

*edit*

Not a problem, just took forever, curse of 10 frames per second. :)

The hospital stock screwiness I can live with myself. Now hopefully I can make some soap.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:53:39 pm by white_darkness »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »

Am wondering if badger men will be the new tigermen.

Also, raging war giant badgers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2011, 03:21:06 pm »

Same three people are in the hospital, still generating surgery jobs and never receiving actual treatment.  I have no idea what's happened here.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2011, 03:25:53 pm »

You've got tables in there for them to do the surgery on right?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2011, 03:30:45 pm »

I do not, but I've seen surgery on beds, and I have a traction bench.  Urist McEmergencyDoctor demanded a traction bench.  I will table them now...

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »

I'm pulling out guesses on what might be needed.  Particularly since Urist McCrutch-usingCripple had his surgery done on the table I had built next to his bed.

Literally,

TBt

T= Traction Bench
B= Bed
t= table

Don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a shot.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »

I do mine like:

BRB
T_T
BRB
T_T

B=Bed
R=Traction Bench
T=Table
_ = open space

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »

I now have the exact same three people resting on tables instead of beds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8