Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)  (Read 6705 times)

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.22 changelog
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:23 am »

These badgers are really putting the pressure on my elephant farm.

I have noticed my d-i stairs (dug up/down staircases) are vanishing. Constructed staircases are not.

More information to follow.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 11:31:57 am »

Oy, I'm guessing if you want to snap to a specific location for some lever pulling goodness?  Then yeah, that could be a problem.

Though seeing this finally in the save I pulled over makes my day.

13th Galena, 254: Compound fracture of right foot repaired.

Considering they've been trying to do that since 18th Slate.  Since I know after some more surgery there's going to be a cast involved, I'll be seeing soon enough if it gets applied.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 11:32:50 am »

What's that, like 25 days to repair a foot?

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 11:36:05 am »

somewhere over 90 days apparently, there's 16 entries of nothing due to not being able to perform surgery and such.  I was planning to to fix his wounds with magma until I saw the health bug fixes being mentioned.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 11:37:07 am »

We also need to mod in a syndrome that rots feet instantly, so we can check if crutches work.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 11:39:42 am »

Considering this guy's ankle and foot are pretty solidly busted, I'll probably know as soon as they finish carving, sewing, casting, and everything to him.

Then hopefully he can pick up some more bolts for his crossbow and go hobble out to my walls with a stone block.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 11:47:18 am »

I suffered a honey badger.  It appeared, grabbed some prickle berries, and left.  I will now be modding honey badgers to [LIKES_FIGHTING] because right now they act like macaque, except lamer because they don't steal items either.  May also make them guzzlers, so they go after booze, which is usually deeper in the fortress.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 11:58:12 am »

And I'm just staring at a siege of humans that arrived.  They're not going anywhere since their glorious leader is on a horse that keeps trying to leave the map.

Though it is named Oce...

*edit*

On other notes, the unlucky (or lucky) Sodel Regomet with the bad foot, just got recleaned, and sutured.  We're now to more setting, dressing, immobilization, and a crutch.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:01:58 pm by white_darkness »

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 12:04:47 pm »

I suffered a honey badger.  It appeared, grabbed some prickle berries, and left.  I will now be modding honey badgers to [LIKES_FIGHTING] because right now they act like macaque, except lamer because they don't steal items either.  May also make them guzzlers, so they go after booze, which is usually deeper in the fortress.

Oh god, drunken badgers! Run for your lives!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »

Add [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT] so that they get really pissed in case they don't reach booze. (I know that will probably not work, but its nice to roleplay)
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

Thank you Toady. As soon as the new version was installed, all the dwarves that had taken up permanent residence in my hospital got up and left. It rather reminded me of our lord Jesus who cured the cripples.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 12:16:59 pm »

I attempted to claim a honey badger.  Elven caravan appears on year 2 with a tame one.  I set up a 10 man wrestler team and gang up on the poor oxen, who proceeds to get his fat bruised while breaking hands.  I have failed...

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:00 pm »

It's alive!!!  It's alive!!!

My crippled wax worker, Sodel Regomet, has taken his first steps on his shiny new crutch.  He has been graced with becoming a Dabbling Crutch-walker.  Unfortunately, they decided to splint his ankle and foot, not put a cast on it.

Meanwhile, the horse Oce and his human friends are learning how to swim.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 12:23:55 pm »

I have several people in the hospital from my ox episode...  Including the doctor, apparently.  He was nowhere near the fighting, but he's currently Rest-ing, with no scheduled treatment and no diagnosis on record.  I made a random woodcutter into a doctor just to get things moving.  What gives?

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 12:28:50 pm »

Is your emergency doctor the new chief medical dwarf?  Try killing all his labors and then cross your fingers.

Since I'm using an old save Urist McCripple was already available and diagnosed.  <_<

It is amusing though, he broke his right ankle and foot.  The crutch is in his left hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8