Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: 0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)  (Read 6687 times)

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
0.31.22 changelog(and discussion too, aparently)
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:39 am »

I know this will sound incredibly rude and lazy, but can someone post the 0.31.22 changelog here? I'm at work right now, and my pc is blocked so that I can't acess any website with "games", "chat" and other titles(such as "facebook", etc) and the changelog is located at Bay12Games.

If someone could do that, it would be great.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:05:37 pm by Urist McGyver »
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.22 changelog
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

The main changelog is in the release thread, which you should be able to access if you can access this board. I'll post it here just in case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: file changes.txt (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

War Honey Badgers, holy hell...

Honey Badgers are a creature so dangerous and aggressive that American zookeepers refuse to keep them.  The people who keep lions, tigers, wolves, and dolphins (which are pretty depraved creatures once you learn about them) refuse to handle these smallish bundles of fur and spite.

I hacked in Phoebus graphics by copying the init and graphics from .21, so I'll lack sprites for the new critters but I can't play ASCII so meh...  I'll report how dangerous a Joyous Wilds Tropical Freshwater Swamp has become, as these creatures are known to appear here.  They're also [PRONE_TO_RAGE:10]

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Those Otherwise Inclined, it's time to warm up your !!Science!! for the new release.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:13:41 am »

Thanks 3! Finally I can keep track of the itens I wish to place at Hospitals!

As for the Honey Badgers, I don't have those in my country. Never saw one. Gonna check on them later, but if they can be more vicious than crocs then OH YEAH I WANT ONE!
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:16:12 am »

Apparently, the new token [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X] makes the creature go berzerk for a short time.  Or at least that's what I'm assuming, haven't seen it in action yet.  Ran into trouble as I realized Therapist isn't ready D:

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:23:08 am »

Okay, badgers, giant badgers, honey badgers, badgermen, and moose with moosemen?

And don't we already have squirrels as vermin?

Now if goblins start popping up with Pottsylvanian accents, it's time for some serious magma.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:25:00 am »

I don't follow...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 10:28:15 am »

Also, hotkeys seem buggy.  When I place a hotkey via the h menu, it takes me to a spot nearby but not on the hotkey, about 16-17 spaces aside.  This may be because I'm haxing phoebus graphics.  Can someone confirm?

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 10:31:34 am »

Not familiar with Rocky and Bullwinkle?  Guess I'm showing my age. <_<

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 10:33:31 am »

Ah, I'm slow to catch that.  It was marginally before my time, wasn't very popular when I was growing up.  Now, if you make a reference to Pirates of Dark Water, Reboot, or Power Rangers...

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:35:33 am »

Pirates of Dark Water was fun to watch.  Did they ever end that series or did it just drag on forever until the ratings fell with them never finding all those crystals?

Though I'm sorry you were subjected to the Power Rangers.  All I could ever think watching any of that was bad Voltron live action.

And as soon as these saves finish copying over I'll see if my hotkeys are borked.

*edit*

My pre-existing hotkeys all seem to be shifted to the left and up to some degree.  Along with any new ones assigned.  But then it looks like the graphics are rendering a little different from 21 and below.  At least going by the fact that this is the first release I remember in a while to actually have the initial screens attempt to fit in full screen mode rather than being squished into the upper left corner.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:47:44 am by white_darkness »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:39 am »

It looks identical to me, I always play fullscreen, but hotkeys are shifted like that, yeah...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 10:54:32 am »

WAR PLATYPUSES

ARMOK YES
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:59:36 am by Naryar »

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:16 am »

This is the first one that actually shifted the initial menus and movies and attempted to stretch/center them rather than have them mushed into a tiny area in the corner in full screen for me. You know, that "I can't read the menus" that every other new player complains about. Of course, i play this on a 11 year old dinosaur.  <_<

The hotkey shift I can live with, I normally just want the general area anyway when I get there, any industry set up at a point has a tendency to grow.

There's platypi too?  Ye gods!

Oh well, no worries mate!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

I use hotkeys specifically though.  I plan my base around them, with the walls being a certain distance from the hotkey location.  Shifting them, doesn't work well for me...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8