Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Imperfect - Siege, Evil bitches keep piling out of the clowncar.  (Read 20180 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect - A beginning. Trollan is Screwed.
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:00 am »

Just Auto them

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:55 am »

Oh well. It may be cruel, but hey, I'm that kind of person. Shoot the Keyite, preferably in the leg.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2011, 01:49:52 am »

Name: Aso Finnia
Race: Aoul
Wealth: Poor
Class: Pickpocket
Attributes: 12 Dexterity, 12 Agility, 4 reserved.
Skills: 5 in Stealth, 5 in Manipulate Device, 5 in Sleight of Hand.
knowledge: Survival, Linguistics.
Starting Items: Plain Knife, Plain Leather Armor, Crude Cloak.
Bio: A thief by profession, Aso was born to a well off family, but, as she grew older, her family diminished. It first lost a bet, losing 1/8ths of its fortune. Then it was 1/4. Then 1/3. Then 1/2. Then her dads gambling threw away the families last copper, and she was forced into a life of crime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2011, 01:51:42 am »

Oh well. It may be cruel, but hey, I'm that kind of person. Shoot the Keyite, preferably in the leg.

SEE! I told you, if I auto'd him he wouldn't have done zany things like shoot people!

Wait, when did I start classifying shooting with arrows as zany?

Probably when I started playing dwarf fortress, or watching too much firefly, one of the two.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2011, 02:43:30 am »

Wait, I am ing.
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:08 am »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
Goddammit.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2011, 03:12:55 am »

What?
...What did you mean by "Wait, I am ing"?

...Oh, you meant "Wait, am I in?". Nevermind.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

Running Turn, rolling a die now to determine how deadly I make combat since I kinda forgot that bit. [6] Huh, Trollan is really screwed.

Hoo boy. Good thing there's a waiting list.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2011, 12:19:21 am »

...Already? Seriously, the game just started!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2011, 12:32:23 am »

Hey, Trollan, you're using Forsaken1111's old avatar! Not cool, you're screwing with my avatar-member name senses. >:(

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2011, 01:09:56 am »

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lür Celant/Trollan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Varmint Zero/Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eveyo/Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Tarran

You signal one of the maids for a mug of brown and sit down with it. It's just being one of those days. You take a few large swallows and then subside to merely sipping the extremely unimpressive ale. You glare at the ale for minute, trying to make it better by sheer force of will. It continues to be unimpressive, you continue to drink it in a rather detached manner. You lose a couple minutes listening to the inn bustle soothingly and sipping your drink, now that you're sitting, most of your pain is just a general ache, and the voices have stopped talking you're able to get your head together. [Awr, Int 2, 4+1] The ale is muddling your thoughts in a pleasant way but you're still able to pick out a few interesting details of the day.

Fact 1. Something powerful, magical, and dangerous happened at the Tower.

Fact 2. Nobod seems to know what's wrong but the very rubble from the explosion is dangerous.

Fact 3. Your chest is still sore and you have at least two voices running amok in your head.

Fact 4. The alcohol for your budget is terrible.

Fact 5. Something tried to attack you inside the temple of Tulm but was confined to the temple threshold.

Fact 6. The same person who saved you also happened to be practically waiting for you when you left the temple.

Fact 7. You could use another drink and maybe a rest in your room.

Fact 8. Your new friend appears to be getting himself into some trouble.

---

Lür Celant

You run, moving at a fair pace [Agility roll 2] until you trip over a covered refuse ditch, you barely manage to avoid sprawling flat on your face.

-Continued after Eveyo-

---

Marcus Zeicaust

Still standing on the rooftop you pull your bow of your back and string it with practiced ease, keeping pace with the Keyite along the rooftops until you get at an angle where you can get a decent shot off. Knocking an arrow you draw and track the Keyite for a moment, suddenly he stumbles on something and his run falters, you take the shot aiming for his legs. [Ranged 3+1 (speed difficulty negated by trick shot) Vs -Trol awr 3+1 sneak attack detected- Trol Dodge 2+1] (Dmg 1*4-2=2) Somehow the Keyite sees the arrow as it flies towards him and twists to the side at the last second, the arrow catches the edge of his pants, tearing them slightly and barely scratching the skin beneath.

---

Varmint Zero 

You also order a drink, sipping the light local brew with slight pleasure, not the best in the city by a far flight, but not bad at all. You try to avoid the majority of drunken idiots, [Luck 1] seeing as this is an inn and not a tavern you succeed admirably, finding a group of sober idiots instead. There are three of them comparing deeds in a rather raucous manner while a fourth older Aoul with the iridescent-gray of middle age at his temples watches with a look of experienced good-humored patience. The three brutes are wearing simple rawhide armor over their clothing and cudgels hang at their belts, the Aoul wears a supple suit of leather armor sewn with light metal plates and a double curved sword at his hip. [Awr 3] The gauntlet on his right hand is runed and magical, but you have no idea what for. As soon as you near them the three younger start making fun of you pretty "lady's" cloak, hooting and jeering, asking how much it is to buy your virtue.

You are becoming annoyed. [Int 3+1] You're fairly sure you could take the three louts, even together. The Aoul though... the way he looks at everything is both amused and predatory. If he joins the fight he'll be trouble that you might not be able to handle.

---

Eveyo

[Agility 3] You catch up to the Keyite as he stumbles, something flickers across your vision as you draw your sword out into a long slash and you ignore it, focusing on the Keyite's back. [Blade 1 (Negated)] [Luck 2] As you draw your sword you slide in the muck and your ankle folds under you, you suddenly remember a parable about not running with pointy objects as you stab yourself with your own sword while trying to right yourself.

---

Lür Celant

Amazingly you are neither stuck with arrows nor slashed open, the tiny wound on your leg barely hinders you and it looks like the Aoul is taking care of itself. [Watcher Agility 5+2, 3+1] One of the watchers pulls ahead of the other and vaults over the fallen Aoul, landing not five feet from you.

He makes clear and easily understandable handsigns to the effect of, "Get down or I will put you down."

Combat will begin if you fail to comply.

---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2011, 01:22:01 am »

Get up and watch from above
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:17:39 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2011, 01:23:36 am »

wut.

I hadn't decided how fatal combat was going to be so I rolled a die. You got the deadliest manner possible. The calc is

[Diff between Attack Vs Defense]*[Weapon damage range roll]-[Armor soak]-[Soak roll if the damage is above 10]

So theoretical fight with Tarran's Aoul Bastard sword, [Tarran Blade 6 Vs Thug defense 2] (Dmg 4*20-3-2= 75 !!Damage!!)  More than enough to kill the thug or chop the limb of a PC for good.

Get up and watch from above

There's also that arrow that snagged his flesh if you're still out for blood...
---
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21