Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Imperfect - Siege, Evil bitches keep piling out of the clowncar.  (Read 20138 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect - A beginning. Trollan is Screwed.
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:35 pm »

Tarran

The man raises an eyebrow in addition to the frowning now, "I could convince you by making your ribs go through your lungs boy, don't tempt me." The old man draws in a slow breath and lets it out, obviously trying to put this in terms for you to understand. "You are the key to throwing off the shackles of the Gods, you can help me, or you can doom yourself with this city and when you're dead I will take the Star of the fallen from your body. I have little time and less patience, having you alive is an aid but one I am prepared to do without. Your life is one branch of prophecy, if you do not take the path I wish I will prune you out. Do you understand me?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »

"Prophecy? Key? Me? Pffft. Yeah, like I'd have the key to helping the gods. I'm just a dabbling mage. You're looking for someone else.

Even if I did, what's in it for me? I'm not going through some prophecy without something to repay me. Because I have... important... things... to do. Like... uh...

...You know, I kinda forgot why I came here. Regardless, I'm pretty sure it'll come back to me eventually. So what's in it for me?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »

Tarran

The White haired man now has the ghost of a smile on his lips. "You came here to have the Star of the Fallen embedded in your body, as per the prophecy spoken for the doom of the Gods. This is the bit the pretains to you...

"Child of storm, child of flame,
Son of the race long years have finally tamed.

Sun at his back he walks from his home,
Nalu's fate writ long in his bones.

Tower of serpents, river of damned,
fire and death shall put the world in his hand.

Spirits of the first at long last freed,
immortal shall serve at mortal's need.

Blade his arm, twilight his crest,
Son of void carries Tyar's hope in his breast."

"As for what you get out of it... You are destined to help end the Gods. Riches, power, and agony are your fate. If you do not help then death is your fate. Choose before my patience comes to an end."

The voices in your take this moment to come back, the voice is urgent and you can't tell which one of them it is. "Don't. Don't even think of trusting him, we are not meant for this... purpose of his. The prophecies of the void are not things that any sane wizard would follow."

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2011, 12:04:54 am »

"...You mentioned spirits? You mean these ones in my head that I'm hearing right now? These same ones saying that I shouldn't trust you?

Also, agony? How so?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2011, 01:52:45 am »

Tarran

"Boy, your very fate is conflict. Agony is a natural part of that, physical, spiritual, mental, you will be rent asunder and made whole again. I am being honest with you, the road is a painful one, but it is a road to power, and the freedom of mankind from the time of Gods. As to the spirits, yes I would imagine they do not trust me. We have a history of sorts. They are rebels, renegades who have deadlocked powers beyond your comprehension by abandoning their posts. In time you will come to be able to use their power if you come with me."

The voices in your head don't quite agree. "No, he's twisting the truth for what he wants. You cannot go with him, run, stab him, burn him, but RUN!"
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2011, 02:00:02 am »

"No thanks."

Back up and jog into the main inn before he can get out the door.

*Thinking to spirits* "Okay, who are you, why am I so important, and who is this guy?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »

WOLFCHILD!

DO SOMETHING SO THE TERROR AND DEATH THAT TARRAN HAS WROUGHT CAN TAKE PLACE.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2011, 07:05:52 pm »

Wait. What?

What did I do?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2011, 07:08:07 pm »

Wait. What?

What did I do?

You defied [redacted for plotitude], Cotris is coming under siege.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »

Oh. Great.

Oh well, at least when I die I'll rest in the knowledge that I prevented the bad guys from winning by a half-hour or something like that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2011, 07:13:29 pm »

He's not precisely bad... just driven. Very driven.

And older than the city of Cotris itself, so he has a different perspective than most people.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »

sorry i thougth id posted

Get up, and observe the man, start wondering whether i'd doen the right thing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »

*GASP*

TURN TURN TURN! I can't wait to see what will happen! I'll likely get 1s, that's for sure, but it doesn't matter because STORY TIME!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lür Celant/Trollan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Varmint Zero/Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eveyo/Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Tarran

Okay, time to leave now. Creepy old man is a couple of leagues past insane and right into scary. As you slam the door you glance behind you at where the old man was sitting.

He isn't there anymore. Today is getting better and better. As you enter the common room again you attempt your first actual communication with the spirits in your head. It doesn't go as well as could be hoped.

"Of course you want to know now, you could have NOT PRETENDED WE DIDN'T EXIST earlier and all this could have been avoided, but n-"
"Enough, we have something more important than your chagrin right now, justified as it may be... Shaman, you could not pronounce our names if you had seven tongues. When we walked the earth I was called Far, my companion was Roa"
"You, besides being an idiot, have the cosmic significance of a bucket in a fire. Your only use is a receptacle for us so if you get a big head I'll blow it off."
"Hold old friend, this cannot be easy for him...  The thing you left behind was a projection of one of the Lords of Time, very old mages who've outlived natural life by many years. He cannot come within the city walls while they stand but he may have the power to break them. We must leave, there is nothing we can do for this city. I am sorry."

Your about to reply when something very strange happens. The Yellow taxidermied dog in front of the inn's fire rises and begins to glow with a silver werelight, going on point at the door and growling. Everything in the inn is suddenly silent.

You have a feeling that the Guardian dog moving is a very bad sign.

---

Lür Celant

... Okay, if only to make life hard for the watcher you're giving this thing to the stranger. As you move to hand the stone to the stranger the watcher tries to intervene, lashing out with his mancatcher to snare you arm.  [Initiative Watcher 1 Vs Shadowman 4+2] The watcher seems surprised when the stranger attacks. The dark man blurs forwards, slamming a hand into the watcher's stomach. [Shadowman touch attack 3+1 Vs Watcher dodge 3] [Shadowman summoning 5] (Damage dealt 15*5-10-2=68 damage) Darkness writhes suddenly beneath the watcher's skin, breaking out in a dozen places and staining the ground with blood as watcher gurgles and twitches, transfixed by the knife edged darkness.

After a second he falls backwards, the barest breathes still escaping his lips as errant shadows still flicker over his form. The dark man turns back to you and takes the stone that you were offering him. The watcher that was slightly behind stops at the fallen Aoul, comes to a decision, and flees. "Thank you for your help, I wish you a quick death when it comes." The stranger dips his head mockingly to you and turns. Walking away through the maze of alleys in moments.

The watcher is Barely Alive. You have lost a large hot stone shard.

---

Marcus Zeicaust

[Awr 3+1] It's hard to tell from here but you're pretty sure this isn't the one you're looking for under a glamor. This theory is solidified when the thing kills the watcher in a very exotic manner. You decide that it's best to not piss whatever that was off by shooting at it. Mmm, alright well that leaves the Thief. You keep ready to draw on him at a moments notice, he could very well have been leading the watcher into this as a trap.

---

Eveyo

You watch as events unfold before you. [Int 6] You take an involuntary step back when you realize what the stranger is. Why it is here you do not know, but that Keyite seems to be in league with it.

Spoiler: Shadowman (click to show/hide)
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:20 pm »

"That's... not a good sign, is it?"

Back away from the door. Now. Put my hand on my bastard sword, and think up witty insults for Roa without letting her hear me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:37:51 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21