Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion: Sleeper Lawyers start with higher Effectiveness + Looting option  (Read 792 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At the moment, Conservative Sleeper lawyers start with 30-40% effectiveness. And Liberal lawyers start with ABYSMAL effectiveness.

Really, this should be higher. While I understand that a Hanging Judge should have higher effectiveness in say stealing stuff or affecting issues than a mere lawyer, the current system makes liberal sleeper lawyers near useless and even turned conservatives have too low a chance of defending you.

Also, it just takes TOO LONG for those conservative lawyers to hit 100% effectiveness!  I dunno about you, but I know a lot of people prefer to only "activate" their sleepers once they reach 100% effectiveness. With most jobs, this can be accomplished by just focussing on the super conservatives who start off with high effectiveness.

Also, hey, you can get police officers (not even Death squads!) who start off with 70% effectiveness. Surely it makes sense for a lawyer to be just as effective?

Also... unlike a lot of other sleeper types, getting a sleeper lawyer is "fundamental".  It's pretty much an integral part of a good LCS game.

I was thinking that the lawyers should get similiar starting effectiveness as the police. 70-ish seems good to me for conservative lawyer.

Again, unlike other professions for sleepers, judges and lawyers are BOTH needed by the LCS. Whereas for Eminent Scientist and Lab Assistant, you can get either one, or they fulfil the same role, it's just that the ES is better than the LA.  Judges and lawyers play different roles.

Also, I'd like to add another suggestion. Currently, when you are being pursued as you leave the scene OR when you force your way out of a siege in the current version, when you kill enemies, no loot drops on the ground, nor can you pick up what the enemies had. This is rather irritating, as this fallen loot would often be some good stuff. Some people might not find this a problem as they are swimming in money and firearms and stuff anyway. But, heck, I'm greedy, and I'm also practical: why should the LCS leave all the spoils of war on the ground, when they can TAKE it and make LIBERAL use of it?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:37:38 pm by jasonred79 »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I disagree on all counts.

Especially getting loot when you're running away.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see no problems with getting loot while you are running away, you can do it while running and fighting on sites, why not in your own base? But I think that effectiveness is good enough, sleepers are already strong.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I'm NOT running away! That's my whole point. Of course you shouldn't be able to get loot when running away from an encounter. The thing is, when I have say, some team member who was shot in the leg, I decide to STAND AND FIGHT.
So, why shouldn't I be able to get the loot if I manage to beat all my opponents?

Well, maybe then lawyers effectiveness shouldn't change. But instead make it so that a sleeper lawyer will always defend you. Or make their chance of defending you = effectiveness x 2. Or something. I mean, seriously, how hard is it for your LCS member to say I want to use my one phone call to call my lawyer? Heck, jon is thinking of making it so LCS members can act as lawyers for other members in court. How much more sensible for an LCS sleeper lawyer to do the defending?

BTW, please fix that bug which makes you unable to defend yourself in court, that SUCKS.