Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: You All Wake Up In A Cryochamber IV  (Read 25397 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You All Wake Up In A Cryochamber IV
« Reply #495 on: June 16, 2011, 01:05:58 am »

Text:

You are resuscitated/reactivated in a large holding cell, stripped of all your possessions. You can't see any apparent door to the room, and the walls are all made of a yellow metal similar to the metal your ship's armor is made of.

One of the walls begins moving upwards. A man in a formal suit walks in, and the door instantly slams shut behind him. He looks extremely displeased, and you notice his pupils are glowing slightly green.

"You have killed one million of my people," he says, in a calm, flat voice. "I'd like to know why."

Everyone just looks at him in mild fear. His eyes narrow slightly, and the glowing intensifies for a second.

"Alright then. More specific questions. What is your affiliation with the Rouges? You're not one of them; if you were, you'd be trying to kill me right now with your bare hands. Or manipulators, as the case may be."

There is another pause. Theodolus looks around, and notices that Iceball is not in the room. Presumably, they didn't think she was involved with this.

"We've searched your ship's computers. The logs were erased, and the traces the ship's AI left behind didn't look very healthy. So you had a heavily damaged AI on your ship's computer, which was previously locked in a DualSecure holding unit. And about that ship. Where, exactly, did you get an Ancient Stephinian cargo vessel? Presumably, a crew of Stephinian researchers had found it and were taking it back to Stephinia, we found the man you sold their corpses to. Compensated him twofold for his confiscated property, of course. Look, I'm a reasonable man. No sane being would willfully work for the Rogue Stephinians. Obviously you've been controlled or manipulated somehow. If you tell us everything, I might even cancel your executions for mass murder."

(begin RPing)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 16, 2011, 01:48:18 am »

"Woah, dude, calm down, you're acting crazy." I hold my hands up at shoulder level, palms out, to show I mean no harm. "My bros here and I, we just woke up in a cryochamber on a ship and we got totally no clue what's up. Seriously man. I have no idea what my name is. I'm pretty sure I worked with machinery a lot." Showing a little bit of situational awareness, I decide not to mention any drug-related activities I may or may not have partaken in, this guy looks like a straight-edge hardass. "Dude, can you just, like, tell us what's going on? And, um, ah, sorry about selling the corpses, man, but we needed a little cash."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 16, 2011, 01:52:10 am »

"Woah, dude, calm down, you're acting crazy." I hold my hands up at shoulder level, palms out, to show I mean no harm. "My bros here and I, we just woke up in a cryochamber on a ship and we got totally no clue what's up. Seriously man. I have no idea what my name is. I'm pretty sure I worked with machinery a lot." Showing a little bit of situational awareness, I decide not to mention any drug-related activities I may or may not have partaken in, this guy looks like a straight-edge hardass. "Dude, can you just, like, tell us what's going on? And, um, ah, sorry about selling the corpses, man, but we needed a little cash."

He looks at you and pauses, making a few very quiet whirring noises.

"Alright. How did the Battleaxes get destroyed? What was the status of the ship when you woke up?"

(Guessed who he is yet?)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:37 am »

Your avatar? No clue what his name is, but image info says LS01ForwardFacing3WithCape so I'm assuming LS is his initials. Clearly a droid or cyborg of some sort...

"Uh, the Battleaxes? Your ships, you mean? I dunno man, my little AI buddy went berserk there for a minute. Maybe he did something. Can't help you there." I shrug. "As for the ship, man, it was a wreck. We didn't have any power at all and we had to repair the engines. We could have suffocated. That sucked." Good thing we had the little robot dude that I put the jets on. "We had to, um... don't really remember... pretty sure valves and arrows were involved." Man, my memory must be shot, considering the amnesia and everything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:57 am »

Your avatar? No clue what his name is, but image info says LS01ForwardFacing3WithCape so I'm assuming LS is his initials. Clearly a droid or cyborg of some sort...

Perhaps your memory really has been damaged. Try re-reading from the start.

"Uh, the Battleaxes? Your ships, you mean? I dunno man, my little AI buddy went berserk there for a minute. Maybe he did something. Can't help you there." I shrug. "As for the ship, man, it was a wreck. We didn't have any power at all and we had to repair the engines. We could have suffocated. That sucked." Good thing we had the little robot dude that I put the jets on. "We had to, um... don't really remember... pretty sure valves and arrows were involved." Man, my memory must be shot, considering the amnesia and everything.

"Makes sense. Hmm. Well, the destruction of our ships was an act of an individual acting on his own, so as far as I'm concerned the rest of you are innocent of those charges. It seems that the Rogues boarded the ship, killed the crew, and installed you on it. That makes you innocent of that as well. So I suppose there's only one more thing."

The wall opens again, and a thin young woman in a short black skirt and blouse walks in, holding Bugo's arms together. Bugo seems to have given up on struggling.

"Who's this guy?" the suited man asks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:03 am »

...Yeah, the 'my people' thing really should have made it obvious I was talking to the emperor. :(

"Uh... the dockmaster from the station?" I answer. "We had kinda just got there when things started blowing up everyone, it was crazy." I'm not going to narc on the guy willingly. What he was selling is strictly between me and him.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 16, 2011, 02:51:31 am »

"Uh... the dockmaster from the station?" I answer. "We had kinda just got there when things started blowing up everyone, it was crazy." I'm not going to narc on the guy willingly. What he was selling is strictly between me and him.

"Mmh. Alright then. I guess you're free to go, then. Unless you might be interested in some mercenary work..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 16, 2011, 02:57:29 am »

I lean back in my chair and cross my legs. I guess I'm the leader now? Huh. "I'm listening dude. What do you have in mind? Because I gotta tell you, uh, I'm not really much of a violent guy, you know? I mean I can shoot someone if I have to, but I'd really prefer not. If you need me to be on a ship for like maintenance or things like that, I'm down." I think of something. "Uh, can you tell me what happened to the ship's AI? Because he was totally my buddy until he started messing with the systems and trying to freak me out, man, I mean seriously."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 16, 2011, 03:07:55 am »

I lean back in my chair and cross my legs. I guess I'm the leader now? Huh. "I'm listening dude. What do you have in mind? Because I gotta tell you, uh, I'm not really much of a violent guy, you know? I mean I can shoot someone if I have to, but I'd really prefer not. If you need me to be on a ship for like maintenance or things like that, I'm down." I think of something. "Uh, can you tell me what happened to the ship's AI? Because he was totally my buddy until he started messing with the systems and trying to freak me out, man, I mean seriously."

You pull a chair out of your ass from under a console and sit on it.  "Well, that's sort of the idea behind mercenaries, but I'm sure you can find some other work down on the surface. Your 'buddy' was due to be... I guess recycled would be one way to put it. The concept behind Duality AI is that you take a dangerous, unstable AI and 'merge' it with an incomplete, stable AI. From this process you get a new AI with the flexibility and power of a rampant AI without the whole throwing things into black holes in order to become god or blowing up the universe out of spite deal. The very reason he was in that box was because he'd killed someone in the past, probably at least a shipfull of people."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 16, 2011, 03:16:27 am »

Whoops, sorry. I thought the party was seated in the holding cell. ^^; My bad.

Really? Ultimuh was a murderous AI? How horrible. Maybe I'd better warn him. "Uh, he may still have a physical body. See, I didn't know that, and I thought he would get bored being the ship AI the whole time, so I kinda... made him a little tank-bot with some weapons and stuff. Er. Hopefully you found and dismantled that." Man, my head hurts thinking about it. He could have killed us at any time! I guess we were lucky to get arrested when we did. Who knows what would have happened? "Um, anyway, go ahead and tell me about this work you need done."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 16, 2011, 03:27:48 am »

Whoops, sorry. I thought the party was seated in the holding cell. ^^; My bad.

Really? Ultimuh was a murderous AI? How horrible. Maybe I'd better warn him. "Uh, he may still have a physical body. See, I didn't know that, and I thought he would get bored being the ship AI the whole time, so I kinda... made him a little tank-bot with some weapons and stuff. Er. Hopefully you found and dismantled that." Man, my head hurts thinking about it. He could have killed us at any time! I guess we were lucky to get arrested when we did. Who knows what would have happened? "Um, anyway, go ahead and tell me about this work you need done."

Ooh, I didn't think of that. I was just going to give it to whoever took Ultimuh's place.

"Well, we've got open bounties on Rogue Stephinian personnel and equipment. Each head is worth a hundred credits. Other than that, some folks might have jobs too dangerous for their vessels but not important for the military to help with. Might just hang around the docks for a while, I'm sure someone will run up to you and make an offer."

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #506 on: June 16, 2011, 05:27:33 am »

Attempts reactivation or something, then observe my surroundings.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 16, 2011, 05:31:45 am »

Reactivate, then be ANNOYING!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 16, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »

'So, asshole, if you're going to whore us out to merchants as mercenaries, maybe you should pay us for it?'

I'm feeling some character development coming on...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 16, 2011, 02:15:51 pm »

'So, asshole, if you're going to whore us out to merchants as mercenaries, maybe you should pay us for it?'

I'm feeling some character development coming on...

Who are you talking to here?

And why didn't Firefox notify me of your post?

Oh, I see, it just did.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39