Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: You All Wake Up In A Cryochamber IV  (Read 25355 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: You All Wake Up In A Cryochamber IV
« Reply #510 on: June 16, 2011, 02:39:20 pm »

The emperor.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

The emperor.

You should probably be more polite to him. What'd he ever do to you, besides just clear you of mass murder charges?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2011, 10:54:10 am »

Code: [Select]
> Well, this is certainly interesting.
> Well, I suppose I should se if we have a file on him... unlikely, but possible.
Searching...

<So... you want us to do Mercenary work... Could be interesting.>
Attempt to repair main power circuit while talking.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:19 am »

Code: [Select]
> Well, this is certainly interesting.
> Well, I suppose I should se if we have a file on him... unlikely, but possible.
Searching...

<So... you want us to do Mercenary work... Could be interesting.>
Attempt to repair main power circuit while talking.

Talking about what?
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2011, 11:35:21 am »

Attempts reactivation or something with haste, then observe my surroundings.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 18, 2011, 11:46:02 am »

I blink at the guy who just lost his shit, then turn to the emperor and point a thumb at the other guy. "I have no clue who this dude is." That's a true statement considering I don't even know who I am. "I'm just gonna go on down to the docks now, see ya later." I get ready to leave as soon as possible. It's not a good idea to hassle The Man; he'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:50:26 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »

It's not a good idea to hassle The Man; he'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Particularly not this Man, since his right arm unfolds into a plasma cannon. :P

I think I *may* have written myself into a minor corner here, I'll think of something. In the meantime, does everyone get what's happened so far?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 18, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »

Understood here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 18, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »

The empire's oppressing peeps like myself who want to be a useless piece of shit all day and play all these games. ^^ We got arrested for - but cleared of - mass murder and told to go make ourselves useful, although I'm not clear on if we're getting the original ship back or if it's being kept since it's of historic value and we have to find a new one. We all have amnesia and it would probably be a good idea to find a cure for that, although since our origin appears to be a major plot point that's unlikely to happen for quite awhile. We really should side with the rebels so a measure of freedom can be restored to the universe. We might need a new AI to pilot our ship if we're getting it back since our last one turned into GlaDOS.

I think I got most of it. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 18, 2011, 04:23:16 pm »

I think I got most of it. :D

YOU THOUGHT WRONG

I guess I didn't make it clear enough, but the "rebels" are really just criminals. The Stephinian Empire are the good guys. It's a subversion of the "Good Kingdom Evil Empire" and some of the tropes you keep finding in works inspired by Star Wars and such. Think of 01 as a king and not an emperor, if that helps.

The Rogues stole the ship from a science expedition and put you on it to act as agents. I guess the "plot" thing to do now is to try to figure out what specifically the Rogues wanted to do with you once you were on that ship. I didn't really intend to have much enforced plot in this game though, it's more of a sandbox adventure.

EDIT:

Oh, and under salvage law, the ship is officially yours.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:25:42 pm by Schilcote »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 18, 2011, 04:24:32 pm »

That's cool too. ^^; Let's see where it takes us.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #521 on: June 18, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »

Pecks the GM in the eyes for being present enough to make detailed explanations in OORP, and yet still not acknowledge myself.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 18, 2011, 04:26:29 pm »

Pecks the GM in the eyes for being present enough to make detailed explanations in OORP, and yet still not acknowledge myself.

You're on the ship. Or something.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #523 on: June 18, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

SCRAPE ALL OF THE ALUMINUM. COLLECT ALL OF THE POWDER.
Alternative: Collect as much rust as possible.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 19, 2011, 04:30:48 pm »

Srs: "I'm just gonna go on down to the docks now, see ya later."
Iceballz: SCRAPE ALL OF THE ALUMINUM. COLLECT ALL OF THE POWDER.

Srs:

You down to the docks and onto the ship. The rest of the party follows you.

Oh look, they labeled all the little gizmos and wrote an equipment manifest to the ship's hard drive. That's nice.

Iceballz: 6

CAAANNS OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Statuses:

Crew:
Tarticus: Robot (Tau Drone-oid): 2 Int. Pulse Rifles (1 clip, 75/0 loaded).
SeriousConcentrate: Human: ??: Tape, aresol lubricant, EVA suit, EMP Pistol (1 cell, 0/4 loaded).
Zrk2: Human: Coilgun (12/24 loaded).
Theodolus: Human: Complicated Shit, Saw-looking thing, Experimental Shield Weapon.
Ragnarok: Robot: Integrated Pulse Shotgun: EVA Rocket Pack (11 canisters, 4/4 loaded), 14 incendiary grenades.
Iceball: Rooboot. Now-useless instructions, Aluminum Powder

Ship:

Crate of EVA gear
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39