Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Aurora - Semi-LP?  (Read 9280 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - Semi-LP?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:20:27 pm »

The famous civic leader EuchreJack seeks service to the Empire!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:57 pm »

Note:

Simmura assigned to 11th Brigade HQ.

September 2026

Simmura gained more political contacts(25% political now)
Decturion Ahra promoted to Centurion.

The famous civic leader EuchreJack seeks service to the Empire!

Added.

Our glorious Emperor improved his training skill to 225.

Has Aurora been updated in the last year or so to make it playable with a resolution that tops out at 760ish pixels? I remember really wanting to play it way back when I first heard about it on here, but that was a deal breaker (still is pretty much, if I want to play it on my own computer at least. Seem to remember it really tall seeming 4:3 resolution back then)

No idea on the tech in the game, but I'd love some sort of long-range support vessel (bonus points if the vessel can fulfill a Macross Missile Massacre) Name my Character 'Quaff' if you can, I don't know why but I'm quite taken with that verb today. Last name Hoshllem if it comes up :)

Totally going to watch this though, if I can't play the game I can at least have some fun watching you play.
I dont think it works on that resolution, with the lastest patch it JUST works on me. some of the buttons on the ship screen are actually below where i can see, but ive memorised the location of 'rename'  and 'new taskforce' lol.

My resolution is... 1366x768. You might be able to do it, Id give it a try! Also one of the dropdown menus have reduced height windows, without that on it WONT work.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 04:17:34 pm »

Thanks for that Deadmeat, Seems like it just barely fits like that (though the sector map seems a bit suspect). Just have to move my taskbar out of the way and so far havn't found any buttons cut off on the bottom too much (though like I said, the sector map has some check boxes that like to go below my screen)

Looks like it might be fun, just looks pretty complex. I'm going to check the Wiki and try to work it all out, but do you think you'll be explaining stuff as you go along or will this be updates with some story to them?

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »

It's much like DF, it's daunting at first glance, but you get drawn into it quite easily!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 05:00:26 pm »

Also, Aurora note:

2 engine scouts have begun surveying the system for minerals. No luck yet!
Massive amounts of vital resources found on Venus, hundreds of years worth. It seems we have found our first incursion into the blackness of space...

A colony on Venus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:08:28 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »

Thanks for the tip on the dropdown menu.  I can finally play this game!  Woot!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »

Thanks for the tip on the dropdown menu.  I can finally play this game!  Woot!

NP, I had the same problem for ages too, which is why I only now got into it! despite being a lielong sci-fi/DF lover.

Seriously though, Venus has like 20 million resources of 4 types. Duranium, Neutronium, Mercassium,  and 3 million Gallicite. The first three are from what i've experienced, essential to survive. Neutronium I think is needed alot for military ships(Weapons or something), Duranium for everything and Mercassium I remember being used largely for research labs.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:37:28 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »

October 2029

Jump drive tech researched, adapting it to a ship design.

May 2030

Terra's supply of Gallicite has been exhausted, Venus will need to be colonized soon.

Feb 2032

Uridium supply has been exhausted. Colony ships are in production.

The Emperor improves his logistics skill.

Aug 2033

Hugehead is made Governor of the Venus colony as it is settled. Two Heavy cargo freighters transport infrastructure to Venus to support the colony.

Civilians on Venus start whining as colonists are constantly brought in, but sufficient infrastructure is lacking. The Varna Commercial ShipYard continues to produce more 'Spiculum' class cargo freighters.

due to the low quantity of commands, tours are being reduced to 3 months. This is a temporary measure to retain officers in the navy.

Mar 2034

Centurion Brunch promoted to primus.

By Jan 2035, the Venetians are quieted. Infrastructure shipments picked up as new cargo haulers were made, fulfilling their demands.
Infrastructure was then ceased, as it was sufficient to sustain the colony for many years. Automated mines were dropped by the newly formed (Taskgroup)Automated-Mine Transport Company. Cargo haulers are continually being built in the commercial shipyard Varna.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 08:36:36 pm »

Err, somehow I now have a civilian mining complex on a comet, and it has a garrison :/ I put EuchreJack in charge. Those damn civies.

Also, massively subsidised Photius shipping line, we need some civilian trade to Venus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:39:07 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »

Note: I'm pretty sure Venus is so inhabitable that even with infrastructure they can't do anything. Swap out the manned installations and colony with automated mines.

Sign me up for a close range combat ship.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:22 pm »

Great, I'm in charge of a flying ball of ice and dust.  Will I even be in the solar system when I decide to retire?

Actually, this is exactly like Dwarf Fortress.  Somehow, I could never resist settling those glacers.  And what can be better than settling a flying glacier in space?   :P

EDIT: How exactly am I suppose to access the "make new Task Force" and "Rename Task Force"?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:11 pm »

Great, I'm in charge of a flying ball of ice and dust.  Will I even be in the solar system when I decide to retire?
Hey, look on the bright side: You'll get perfect view of the entire galaxy from there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:04 pm »

True that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »

Yeah, it's probably better not to bother with infrastructure on Venus. If you want a population there, build orbital habitats. They can be towed into place above the colony by a tug or move very slowly under their own power if you give them an engine. That way you can get a decent colonist capacity there without having to put down a bajillion and a half infrastructure.

I'd like to be some kind of naval officer. Perhaps one on an exploration unit, jumping into virgin star-systems and (eventually) dying a fiery death at the hands of hostile aliens.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:00 am »

This looks interesting. I think I'll jump in when a war starts as a naval officer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11