- 5 (20%)
Tokugawa
- 4 (16%)
Uesugi
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: March 24, 2011, 06:01:44 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Total War: Shogun 2 LP (starts on page 3)  (Read 7811 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Shogun 2 LP
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:05 am »

Spring, 1545.

I am Akimoto Hayato, a historian of the Shimazu clan.  Our Daimyo Shimazu Takahisa has long been infatuated with tales of our clans noble past, and our founding of the original Shogunate.  However, time has not been kind to our clan.  We are reduced from our once esteemed status and plagued by our constant skirmishes with the Ito, I have always feared that we would never relive our past glories.

This seems set to change.  While our Daimyo attended to the military education of his sons, a recently appointed general and Commissioner of Warfare by the name of Tanegashima Tomakata was sent to march on the Ito province of Osumi in retaliation for their recent raids on our border.

Choosing his moment, the young general lay in wait until the majority of the Ito army was returning to the castle town.  He rallied his men, then made to intercept the enemy before they could reach the supposed safety of the castle walls.

Spoiler:  The speech (click to show/hide)

The enemy cavalry showed a sense of honor rare amongst the Ito, charging our forces in a vain attempt to buy time for the other reinforcements to reach the castle.  Needless to say, they perished upon the spears of our Yari Ashigaru.

Our troops hastily made their way around the castle, hoping to deny access to the remainder of the enemy reinforcements.

Baited with a few volleys of arrows, they changed course for our Yari, soon becoming overwhelmed by our superior numbers.

About to turn to the task of sieging the castle, Tanegashima Tomakata spotted a previously hidden unit of archers among the trees and bravely lead the charge himself.

The last of the reinforcing army taken care of, our troops regrouped to plan out the battle ahead.

Half our Yari Ashigaru made to torch the gate, while the remainder decided to scales the walls themselves as our archers peppered the enemy with arrows.  The Samurai Yari stayed back for the time being, waiting to see where they would be most needed.

Weakened by their losses from the climb, our initial Yari routed like the cowards they were.

Luckily, our Samurai made it to the enemy before they could press their advantage, and being swiftly reinforced as the remainder of the Yari made it past the now destroyed gate, they managed to slay the remainder of our foe.

The Yari who fled the siege were banished for their cowardice.

The Daimyo has ordered Tanegashima Tomakata to remain in Osumi to gather his strength and await reinforcements of Katana Samurai from Satsuma before proceeding in his campaign.  Rumors have also been heard throughout Satsuma that the Daimyo intends to adopt Tanegashima Tomakata if he continues to perform to this standard.

Now we must wait to see how the Ito react to this act of aggression, and whether Tanegashima Tomakata can hold his urge to continue long enough for the reinforcements to arrive.

---

warhammer651: Does he wait or disobey orders and continue?  Will he go for the next Ito province or risk war on two fronts by assaulting Higo to gain the use of the provinces superior horse in the war against the Ito?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:36:19 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 01:35:00 am »

Just so you know, you can be samurai or you can be ashigaru. But you cannot be samurai ashigaru. :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 01:37:43 am »

Just so you know, you can be samurai or you can be ashigaru. But you cannot be samurai ashigaru. :P

Heh, my bad.  It's just gone half 6 in the morning and I should probably get some sleep lol.

The Daimyo has three underage sons, anyone know how old they have to be to come of age?

Edit for honesty: That was actually the second attempt at starting off.  I got utterly trounced the first time round, due to the reinforcements reaching the castle before I got to them  :o
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:40:27 am by lordcooper »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 02:28:58 am »

16 or 18, I claim the eldest son.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:55 am »

16 or 18, I claim the eldest son.

He's yours :)
Any idea what he's going to be like?

Anyone else want the other two?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Shogun 2 LP (starts on page 3)
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 03:25:21 am »

A son who dutifully listens to his father the Daiymo, but heavily beleives in honorable combat. He dislikes archers and cavilry, but knows they are nessicery even if just in small amounts, and prefers to command honorable infantry in combat with the enemies of his clan. He will join the combat when possible for he is not a coward, but he is not a fool and will leave combat soon after entering it since a noble is expected to fight on horseback, which is vulnerable in prolonged fights with infantry.
In otherwords, he will usually listen to the Daiymo's orders, wants a mostly infantry army, and will fight himself. He also is very buddist, and will refuse to have gunners in his army if we turn to chistianity.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 04:47:08 am »

I'll take the third son. Believes in complete offense, arrogant to the point of insanity and considers himself to be a great warrior. Whether you want to play that last one straight or have him delusional about his own abilities is up to you.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 04:50:56 am »

I'll take the middle son. Cautious, likes a defensive position, although he'll go on the offensive if ordered. Likes archer-heavy armies.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 04:56:29 am »

That all sounds good to me :)

@ Untouchable: Any preference in unit types?  I'm not exactly going to lose battles on purpose, so I guess it's up to the AI if it gets played straight or not.

I'm planning to offer quite a few choices out regarding the actions of the Daimyos sons/generals, so you'll hopefully all be able to show their personalities through those.  Obedience is not 100% neccessary, although the Shimazu clan is apparently well known for their loyalty.  Maybe 'creative interpretation' would be the way to go here.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 05:15:16 am »

That all sounds good to me :)

@ Untouchable: Any preference in unit types?  I'm not exactly going to lose battles on purpose, so I guess it's up to the AI if it gets played straight or not.

A hell of a lot of Katana wielders. That's probably my only suggestion for now.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 06:01:26 am »

Detach a few units to scout out enemy terrain and raid any targets of opportunity.  If I see that their castle is weak and nearly defenseless, BANZAI! if I see an army roughly the size of mine, BANZAI! If I see any army at all, BANZAI!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 06:03:23 am »

Detach a few units to scout out enemy terrain and raid any targets of opportunity.  If I see that their castle is weak and nearly defenseless, BANZAI! if I see an army roughly the size of mine, BANZAI! If I see any army at all, BANZAI!

Sure :)

Are you staying put yourself, or heading out with the scouts?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 06:09:57 am »

Stay at the fortress I just captured until I can bring the enemy to the field. Then I shall commit all my troops and strike!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 06:27:57 am »

Okay, had an eventful few turns there, and am now in a greater yet somewhat awkward position  :D
I'll post them up this afternoon/evening (GMT)

KaguroDraven: Your general has come of age at the ripe old age of 14, (wat?) guess he's pretty eager to join the fray :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4