Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn 4, Where I suck(ed) at math)  (Read 5742 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn-based strategy and...stuff)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 06:09:51 pm »

IN.
Name: Joseph Mckinley
Background: His father was in the millitary before him, and in a desire to emulate him, Joe joined the officer program, while their he found out that he had a flair for strategic command. Due to his training, and unwavering loyalty to the millitary, he was picked for testing out a experimental MS.
Personality: Acts quiet and thoughtful. Is cautious, but is willing to take risks when necessary, although he goes to extreme lengths to avoid them. His intelligence is piercing, but as a result he sometimes has problems understanding others.
Starting Suit: MSG-026e Gundam Striker
Trait: Tactical Genius, +5% dodge, +5% accuracy when fighting 2 or more enemies (if its not too much add a +1 damage as well, but i think that might be pushing it).
EDIT: done.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:14:16 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn-based strategy and...stuff)
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 06:54:56 pm »

I'm perfectly fine with waiting for your details, lemon. Anyway, I looked everything over, everything seems fine, though I did some minor tweaks to traits here and there which you can look over in your profile.

Anyway, that's six people, so I'm going to get to work on the introductory turn. Turn 0 should be up within the next hour or two unless something goes horribly wrong.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn Zero, pointless story bits)
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:48 pm »

Spoiler: Rather long story bit (click to show/hide)

I'm not holding you guys to any standards with your turns (yet), it can be something as simple as x does this and then does this or you can make large RP-filled posts (which would probably be more immersive). Maybe I'll decide what I like better after seeing a few posts. When we actually get to turn 1, we'll be starting combat. Maptools, don't fail me now!

Status
Spoiler: Masenak/Strife26 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thorin Skyrin/mission0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin Ran/KineseN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Bucan/Riccto (click to show/hide)

Well, first turn is always the hardest, glad I got that out of the way. If anything is screwed up, let me know.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn Zero, large story bits)
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 08:31:21 pm »

Drums his foot against the metal floor of the elevator, Impatiant, excited really. He had been selected to pilot his own Gundam. Man, If the boys back home heard about this...Oh. Woah. These things are bigger than what they had said during the "Tra-Bre- Actually, It was more useless than a leaflet on brain surgery. Blue and White? Kinda lame, But I will go with it! He jogs excitedly off for his Gundam, attempting to find the lift into the hulking mecha. Eventually he finds it, rising up and up he cant help to notice the massive weapons on his own Gundam, before wandering into the cockpit, not really doing anything, just admiring
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:34:26 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »

Thorin rode the elevator down to the main deck without comment, and kept his eyes on his Gundam. He occasionally glanced at the other Gundam next to his, they were of similar make but there were some minor details that set them apart. He was at least glad someone else had some sense when it came to tactics, a head on assault never worked. Either way he dropped the idea since it irrelevant at the moment. Walking over to his Gundam... he took a steady look at it taking it in. The giant reminded him of what is to come, it was just the beginning of something big and they both knew it. Harbringer would live up to his name, Thorin would make sure of that.

After all but throwing the current mechanics tending Harbringer off of the Gundam Thorin carefully inspected the mech getting an intimate feel for the inner workings of the Gundam and making changes where they were needed. The fools had so many wires crossed and mixed up that he doubted it would have run if not for the repairs he was making now. Even so, the damage has been fixed and he jumped into the Cockpit and started up the start up and Sys assessment program.

Everything was green, Thorin grinned as he gave his signal for everyone to move out of his way and positioned his Gundam in the doorway before moving off to the Dreadnought not far from view.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 09:43:37 am »

"Hello Nameless," Masenak whispered to himself. He turned crisply and headed to the Gundam, doing a walk-around and familiarizing himself with the systems. When he gets to the cockpit he does a radio-check, contacting anyone else in their Gundams.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:52 pm »

Kin was awed by the sheer size of these Gundam. He had seen several of these mechanical monstrosities on his travels around the globe but those were from a distance. Seeing one right infront of him was an experience out of the world.

Putting a hand on the cold armor Kin could almost feel an untamed beast trapped within his... his own Gundam. "Are you like me?" he said. "Restrained in chains, locked in a cage? If so I will free you from that." Staring up to the cockpit Kin felt a shiver unlike anything felt before and a need to explore every nook and crane on that Gundam started to well up from inside. I shall call you Black Panther.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 04:02:02 pm »

Joe couldn't believe it. He was getting to pilot his own gundam at the age of 17, something that most soldiers were never able to achieve, and to top it off, it was a experimental model. He still almost couldn't believe it, mainly because of the size of the thing. Although intellectually he knew that he could control it easily, it was so big that he almost had trouble believing it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 04:17:28 pm »

Well now that we've gotten all that out of the way, I'm going to begin getting everything for turn 1 (COMBAT WHEE) straight. Expect turn 1 later today.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 05:09:51 pm »

Shikamaru looked up at his gundam, and whistled " Hello my friend lets see what shall I call you ? " He begins climbing the ladder up to his suit, and hops into the cock-pit. Looking at the controls he says " I know your name now it is Longshot. Yes, that is your name can't wait to see how you work on the battlefield. Don't let me down. " with that he begins going through a diagnostics check.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 05:57:40 pm »

Settles down in the at the controls, settling the head set over his head as he has the mecha take a few steps around the hangar, testing all his settings and various readings with a estatic grin on his face "Hello Hello Hello! How is 'erabody?" He says on the radio.
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn 1, what a life-like simulation!)
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:13:49 pm »

Ah yes, the power of 5 minutes in Maptools and some shoddy MSPaint cropping.

Spoiler: tl;dr version (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A crudely drawn map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: List o' Bad Guys (click to show/hide)

Status
Spoiler: Masenak/Strife26 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thorin Skyrin/mission0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin Ran/KineseN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Bucan/Riccto (click to show/hide)

I'm getting the nagging feeling I missed something  :-\
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:16:51 pm by Krath »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 08:52:40 pm »

Um. Coordinates for the map?
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 08:55:05 pm »

I don't think there are any; just saying "two forward, one up" should work just as well anyway, though.

What I'm curious about is if diagonals count as one space, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »

IronyOwl is correct, though I can add in coordinates if you really want them.

Moving diagonal should probably count as two spaces, though I might rethink it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6