Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn 4, Where I suck(ed) at math)  (Read 5733 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn 2, where nothing particularly interesting happens)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

4 East. Have my Gundum do a little jig.

Also, when i said I was going to start last turn in MA mode, i meant that i would be in MA not MF at the start of the battle, not that I was going to start in MA then turn into MF mode at the end of the turn (not that it looks like it will matter though).

That's my bad, the actual Gundam series uses MA (Mobile Armor) for things like flight mode and transformed states, so you confused me. It's my fault for using Flight instead of Armor  :-\
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 10:46:33 pm »

Thorin moves the imitation of Harbringer east until he is in range of the closest of his enemies then opens fire with his beam rifle.

"It looks like the small fries are coming to meet us while the Cyclops hangs back, perfect. Let's take them out quickly guys. Take them out together focusing your fire on the same suit before moving onto the next one. With luck we can take them out before they can even reach us."
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 10:09:47 am »

Turn will be up later today, can't stick around right now  :-\

Check back in a few hours though.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A GUNDAM! (Turn 3, the Black Panther is a pincushion)
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

Hrmm...the numbers during this turn make me think weapons (the players at least) need more accuracy and damage, or the enemies have too much dodge/armor. Thoughts?

Also, mission0, you're 1 tile short of being able to connect with your Beam Rifle, so I just had you use the Gauss Cannon. If you have a problem with that, tell me and I'll just retcon it away.

Finally, I've divided the two Trojan squads into North Squad and South Squad for posterity.

Spoiler: Players Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies Turn (click to show/hide)

Look ma! Labels made with the Brush tool!
Spoiler: Da map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Da Legend for Da Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: List o' Bad Guys (click to show/hide)

Status
Spoiler: Masenak/Strife26 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thorin Skyrin/mission0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin Ran/KineseN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Bucan/Riccto (click to show/hide)

Wow, that took longer than I thought it would. Regardless, tell me what you think about the accuracy and damage ratios, because I still think they're kinda out of whack. And also tell me if I screwed something up, because I probably did  :-\
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:00:12 pm by Krath »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:09 pm »

Damnit I missed thought Shikimaru who quickly lines up the next shot, and opens fire.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:21 pm »

Diagonals count as two right?
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »

Yep. Diagonals take 2 move points.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:30 pm »

OOC: Well if you want to think like the anime all the enemies should be pretty easy to take down for a Gundam. Heck they would take out entire bases worth of mobile suits on their own. Now unless these suits we are fighting are Gundams or advanced in some way as well it is a bit odd that they could go toe for toe against a Gundam. Heck just a spray from a Gundams vulcan cannon killed most mobile suits in the Gundam Wing series, however for the sake of fun I would say we do need to be challenged a bit. In the end I guess it depends on what type of game you are going for here. Realistic, Hard, etc? :OOC

Thorin puts away his cannon, it packed a punch and did some damage but he had other targets at the moment. That suit firing on him was doing minor damage at best, he could fix that later but he made a mental note to pay the suit back as soon as he could.

Turning Harbringer slightly Thorin pulled out his scoped rifle again, he couldn't quite reach it last time but this time for sure he could reach the suit he was looking at. He took steady aim before firing upon "Northern Suit Trojan 2". Then with his shot fired, he quickly pulled back three squares north. He didn't like the way the suits were stacking up against him. As it was he could be hit by three of them at once. Best to leave the close range fighting to those who specialized in it. For now he would circle around and flank his enemy.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 08:44:51 pm »

Well the Vulcans in Wing were pretty damn powerful  :P

I suppose I'll just screw around with the difficulty after the battle is over, and say that the enemies were set to 'wtf is this crap' mode.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 09:05:39 pm »

Do remember that having numerous, easy to kill enemies tends to make fights rather unbalanced. Round one, the enemies are at full strength, or as full strength as they're going to be. Round two, they've probably lost quite a few, so they're doing more like half or two thirds as much damage. By round three or four you run into "Why are two mooks standing and fighting against obviously invincible monsters?", as well as a round of combat that's little more than mopping up.

It also makes it swingier, since if everyone rolls miserably round one, they eat a lot more firepower than they should have in response. Conversely, if they kick ass initially, they might wipe out the entire encounter's threat level before they even have a chance to get damaged.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:45 pm »

OOC: I would say let the battle run as it is for now and see how we do before we start fiddling with the numbers. Since it is a simulation all sorts of easy explanations as to the difficulty or the easiness of the enemies could be put up. :OOC

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:31 pm »

John would laugh slightly as he was rattled before reaching down onto his Gundam's thigh for his energy saber, He would lean the Mecha foward ars he prepared for a rapid dash North East and then South East to get to the opposing Mecha's rear, and attempt to run him through
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »

Just popping in to bump-kadump.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:26 am »

"CRAP! Did not hear your warning." Kin was really not happy being the target of several Gundams at once and he decided to end it quickly by retreating to the flank of the Trojan near him.

Putting away the Beam Rifle and then moving (1 w, 2 n) into position he took out his Schneider an attacked. "Taste the fury of being targeted as a pincushion!"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 06:00:31 am »

I'll have my turn up shortly. Uno momento por favor. Life got annoyingly busy for a few days.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6