Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73786 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #2100 on: April 27, 2011, 04:03:49 pm »

I am not thinking about Sheb, I was thinking Adwarf. Do you really think he cares ether way?

Hey, adwarf! Do you care if I go ahead and kill John?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 27, 2011, 04:07:05 pm »

Perhaps you should look at our talks then, and Shebs behavior in general.

He publicly denouced Cript for invading me, and in our talks I have seen him quite nice to me. Also saying that he would punish Cript for the invasion.

And if he was lying to me, why would he? Why would he not just stop his support of me once Cript invaded if he planned on backstabbing me. Why give me false hope?

I am quite certain he will support me.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 27, 2011, 04:07:56 pm »

Yes yes. But Shebs support is pretty worthless at this point.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:53 pm »

Eh, Most he could do is political sanctions...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 27, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

...Did you just straight up disrespect your leader, call him worthless, and say that he has no barring on you?

You may get kicked out for that, and the way Shebs been talking to me, he may just do that anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 27, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

Well, up to a point, they're right. I cannot do anything for the next few turns.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 27, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »

Even if he could, what does Sheb have to gain from helping you JF?

I know he helped me establish my economy early, presumably so that I would have to rely on his trade network, and he would then have a degree of control over my actions. A fair trade, I say...

By helping you *directly*, he risks triggering an early World War, for the preservation of a weak and isolated regional ally.

Unless Sheb is a real good samaritan, he's not going to risk losing the game over you, and it's not right to expect that of your friends, either.

Sink or swim on your own, and don't expect people to drown with you.

Again, my logical stance on the war is for a nice, long stalemate, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen now!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »

It would certainly help to show what happens to vassals that dare try and break Shebs direct order. I gave Sheb exactly what he asked for, a base, and I would've gone futher if Cript had decided that the completely unclaimed East and half the Isle of Temptess wss not enough.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 27, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »

Not to bad mouth Sheb or out his strategy, but his entire dominance in this game is based on 2 things: Trade and Political prowess

Remove one and it'll be a strained existance for all (as we can currently see due to trade death). If Taricus and Cript were to give Sheb the finger and seperate they wouldnt have a great relationship, BUT they wouldn't really go after eachother either. Neither has anything to gain from war with eachother either.

And as cript said, any single green neutral territory has more income than john did. In a war of economics, it was the right move for cript. But we'll see how this all works out
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 27, 2011, 04:29:47 pm »

Again, my logical stance on the war is for a nice, long stalemate, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen now!

A stalemate implies that nether side is able or willing to win the war. That is really not what is happing here. I am both able and willing to win this fairly quickly.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:31:21 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 27, 2011, 04:51:32 pm »

Whufff.  Definitely no turn 'til Friday, still reeling from the completely unexpected act on Pillow's part.  Making all your tech Public?  Nice move, completely blindsided me!

Of course, now all the NPCs have it too.

Toying with implementing more problems to conquering new territories; how do we feel about a fairly large initial Loyalty hit (between negative 8 to 5, say) but that decays at a rate of 1/turn (and can be bought away like sabotaged loyalty)?  The main trouble there is upkeep and risk of initial rebellions, but it does provide some disadvantages, especially if you're garrisoning troops there.

Quote from: JohnFalcon
And if I do lose I will have the satifaction of remaining defiant till the end, at least.

And may it be much consolation for you.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 27, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »

Only give the loyalty hit to taking player-owned territories.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 27, 2011, 04:53:46 pm »

Eh. I dunno. I am sorta iffy on that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »

I'd like it. I especially like the fact that a logical fix is to send priests along with your armies, to lessen the loyalty hits, turning some of us into ravenous theocracies.

Actually, the Brentish Theocracy doesn't sound that bad.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 27, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »

Yeah.. Hell of a blindside. Could cause some mighty chaos in the future. Everythings going to..become harder now.

As far as loyalty hits to new conquers go.. well... Poor provinces may celebrate your approaching armies, if you're doing good works, investing frequently, keeping the people safe.. Or if you're an somewhat evil slaver like myself they may be slightly more opposed. But thats a lot of work determining such things. So could be best to keep it at a 0 loyalty on conquest. For neutral territories.
As far as taking player owned territories, well that could be a more logical place to create 'unrest' type situations.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165