Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73816 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #2055 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:44 pm »

Yeah.. I reckon its part of why he was so damn amused when the Raider faction started. That 'Oh Ho Ho. Yes ' bit. very amusing to me.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 26, 2011, 09:30:34 pm »

I edited my post, I dunno, any one with some brains and who watches others turns should get it. But eh.

Edit: The Yes was more about the fact that this makes the game have 300% more intrigue then any I had a part in it.

Edit 2: I mean, it is not like I gain much by being part of the reason CG joined the game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:32:43 pm by Criptfeind »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 26, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »

The bandits came into form because of the highly increased trade. This would not have happened if the NE did not have members that were so far apart that everyone soon got inside it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 26, 2011, 09:35:01 pm »

The bandits came into form because of the highly increased trade. This would not have happened if the NE did not have members that were so far apart that everyone soon got inside it.

Sheb was in a really great spot for trade, it would have happened anyway. Also, that is pirates, we are talking bandits.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:09 pm »

Still, he would have little movtiation to trade with such far away people if he were not majorly diplomaticly involved.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »

Your kidding right?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 26, 2011, 09:40:41 pm »

I was planning to forge together a mighty trade network before Sheb beat me to the punch. I still might form a few redundant links. To prevent piracy. My very first trade was over the continent. My second looked to be with Arcadia (damn pirates!)
-All- trade is valuable. All empires will grow. And every little bit of cash you add to your turn, well..yeah. I'm very nearly worth a whole skirmisher a turn, to trade with.

And I gotta agree with ya Cript. Having that much more intrigue is awesome. If Iituem could manage it, I'd like a 2nd raider faction simply because it could be -that- interesting. But I wanna see how my good buddy CG handles things over time. No sense doubling up if he taps out the resource.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:12 pm »

Given the requirements and restrictions Iituem placed on me, a second raider would be impossible for coexistance. We'd tap the keg a little too quickly. I mean as it is, no one NEEDS me or my men. People just love having a pariah faction to place blame on.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 26, 2011, 11:29:26 pm »

And, for me, I really like working with CyberGenesis, I am not so sure I would like whoever else would be the raiding fraction otherwise.

I also think it takes a certain type of character to run a bandit organization, perhaps a type that many people may not have.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 26, 2011, 11:33:08 pm »

Cold, manipulative, calculating, ingenious, loyal and trustworthy?

I think i put those in the right order...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:44 pm »

I was thinking calculating, ingenious, manipulative, and trustworthy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:44:33 pm by Criptfeind »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »

Personally i like working with anyone that can come to me with an offer KNOWING everything that they can benefit from it. It makes selling them on a price much easier and quite painless in the end.

The best are those that are the above, but don't see how i can use that information/deal for my own benefit later

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 26, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »

I am sorry. I do not quite understand.

Also, I hope you do not feel saddened that I left out loyal, I do believe you will be some what loyal, but what I am expecting from you as far as that goes fits more under trustworthy and calculating then true loyalty.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »

The second comment was directed at the manipulative aspect. I can see the benefits of deals for the buyers...but cash isnt the only thing i gain. The fact only i know who the buyers are helps, especially later on when you all start turning against each other.

And no i'm not hurt at all. Anyone that knows me will say that i'm impossible to offend and likely, in the position im in for this game, well at home.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:43:30 am by CyberGenesis »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:19 am »

Given the requirements and restrictions Iituem placed on me, a second raider would be impossible for coexistance. We'd tap the keg a little too quickly. I mean as it is, no one NEEDS me or my men. People just love having a pariah faction to place blame on.

I don't plan on bringing in a second raider faction, NPC or otherwise.  Independent raider groups might still exist.  CyberGenesis hit the nail on the head though; the ecology of the gameworld can't support another predator of that type.  Since Cyber necessarily has to prey on the players to survive in this game (being the whole point of his faction) another raider faction would thin out the available 'resources' too much and doom both factions.  Better to have a single faction with a sporting chance.

And no i'm not hurt at all. Anyone that knows me will say that i'm impossible to offend and likely, in the position im in for this game, well at home.

That, more than anything, is the reason I picked CG to play the Raiders.  I got a feeling that he could manage the strategy and tactics and was hard enough to take losses and insults without complaint.

Edit: Looking back, I guess my biggest mistake in this whole game was making the Western Dominion (That Alliance that included Cript, Taricus, Phantom, and me?).

The hands down sharpest thing you've done in this game was to join the Western Dominion.  The hands down most ill-considered thing you've done in this game was to be so belligerent and confrontational, so difficult to work with and so downright annoying to your own allies that they all abandoned the Dominion they had an equal part in to join an Empire they were technically subservient to.  For about a turn you were the greatest unified power in the game and you pretty much single-handedly caused it to shatter because of your lack of restraint.

Sheb's New Empire did not reach its strength solely because of Sheb's statesmanship (though that certainly played a major part) - without your complete lack of diplomacy, wilful ignorance and your apparent belief that enthusiasm and raging complaints can somehow replace strategy and planning, it could not have become as powerful as it did.

To summarise, then:  Your greatest mistake was not forming the Western Dominion, it was destroying it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 165