Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 74056 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #1650 on: April 23, 2011, 06:22:06 am »

Ooh. Strafing, secondary attacks, Resistances. This is some pretty interesting stuff, Gotta say.
And im also assuming each level of Slavery keeps adding a capture chance.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 23, 2011, 10:59:07 am »

My fellow Empires,

The vile and bastardly Fredrick the Red has made a completely unprovoced and random attack upon our peaceful people. They were cruel beound reason, killing and enslaving our once more free people. They had no mercy, no sense of honour or decency.
Fredrick is a beast, attacking and eating his prey, and I say we put him down before he attempts to futher his evil rampage. I say we go into a total purge of his co-called republic and take his head!

What if we don't, you may ask? I ask you, who will he go after he has killed me? It will be Highblood, then Foul, then even his own allies, then the world! He must be killed before he attempts to undermine and destory us all! I am asking for full support of all Empires againist the beast known as Fredrick the Red, I also ask for funds to bring up an army to banish the traitor from the good lands of Steel!

He said he was my ally, he asked for funds, and lied to me to gain my support. I saw his true intention soon before he attacked me, but I should've taken action! I had told of my discoveries to King Bearskin, blessed be his name, but he had a delayed reaction. I thought he would take action then and there, but Fredrick had lied to him as well, saying he need the army for Northbrend, futher showing his dishonour by planning on taking The Traveller's claims!

The path is clear, we need to put down The Red Beast before he tries to kill us all!

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 23, 2011, 11:12:51 am »

Quote from: Letter from Kasr Umirat to Steel Empire
Good gods, that is quite a horrible thing, that cutthroat bastard, burning the homes and livelihood of your people. Alas, I am still too far south to give you support, but perhaps I can procure a South Owldale for you, and I will provide you protection. For now, I will provide you temporary refuge Eastern Cauldron, with the Cadre of Nastoĭchivostʹ.
Signed,
Kasr Umirat

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 23, 2011, 12:28:31 pm »

Early Summer 1006

With the new year came a lot of changes for this band of bandits and thieves. We came to the conclusion we would do more than just be swords for hire. With all the numerous things we could make a quick couple coins on, there was no reason to limit ourselves. One recent contract had us scouting the local area for troop deployments. Sure, they may be a little outdated by the time the coins and reports changed hands, but thats hardly our fault. I did, however, have to discourage the 'alteration' of those reports though on ground of professional propriety. We're new to this business, and we need all the good publicity we can get.

Of course before those deals were made, there were a few follow-up deals made against the owner of the caravans we were originally hired to hit. Seems the man that ordered those caravans is not well liked by his colleagues in other nations. Frankly I care little of the politics themselves and care more for the income those politics create.

Our numbers remain large enough to be a threat to the locals, but not large enough to make any real headway in our private campaign. We've been looking into hiring more specialized forces - strike teams and the like. I hear tell of a nation running a slavery ring that I might be able to use myself for some cheap hires. I wonder if there's some way I can just bribe deployments we encounter into joining us instead of beating them into recruitment like we did in Beaton...

Shinala, Camorri Garrista
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 23, 2011, 12:45:15 pm »

I am disappoint. I thought imps were all but immune to spear men.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 23, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »

I am disappoint. I thought imps were all but immune to spear men.

Eh, attack 14 (6+8 from the flying melee bonus) vs defense 9.  They've an advantage but they're far from immune.  Longbowmen behind a fortification, as Pillow Killer has proved, are practically immune.

Hail gliders are immune from spearmen because they can strafe.  Imps only have melee attacks (and their flametongue special attack).

Edit:  I feel I should notify people (because I may have forgotten to) that Scout units now cost £80 to hire and can be instantly killed by any hostile military unit they meet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:58:50 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 23, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »

Okay, I was unaware of this ability called 'strafe', I thought that all flying units had it.

Whoops.

Edit: Luck for me imps are cheap little bastards.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 23, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »

Does a Hero take up one of the cargo spaces of a boat?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 23, 2011, 01:05:14 pm »

No, Heroes stack with other units so they don't take up a boat space.

"Strafe" isn't really an ability so much as a consequence.  If you have Flying/Buzzing and Ranged, you can strafe melee non-fliers because they can't strike back.  This is what makes Hail Gliders deadly vs general infantry whilst they're essentially mincemeat against other flyers or anything with range.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 23, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »

Is strafing an insta-kill?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 23, 2011, 01:11:23 pm »

I would also like to point out here, John is a horrid liar. I have done nothing of the sort. This attack is primarily based on fear. You have all seen how short his fuse is, and how often he threatens my allies the Gnomes and the Domination. We all knew some, at the least, he would attack the Gnomes. Since he has been playing so poorly lately, I knew the time to put a end to this had come.

Ah okay, that make sense. Although, I wonder if you can make it into a ability, it would make it easier for me to see what has what skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 23, 2011, 01:16:29 pm »

Ya Hail Gliders are good, but against ranged units they will lose almost everytime thats why I have a bunch of them, and some spearmen to mop the last of them up.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 23, 2011, 01:20:32 pm »

I would also like to point out here, John is a horrid liar. I have done nothing of the sort. This attack is primarily based on fear. You have all seen how short his fuse is, and how often he threatens my allies the Gnomes and the Domination. We all knew some, at the least, he would attack the Gnomes. Since he has been playing so poorly lately, I knew the time to put a end to this had come.
Fear? Ha!

I am way to far to even think about attack the Gnomes, as annoying as they may be! And I have given Sheb a very suitable base to address your "fears"!

And as I have said before, I never attack unless attacked frist! And the matter with the Domination just ended! I think you should check your facts!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 23, 2011, 01:26:52 pm »

I am way to far to even think about attack the Gnomes, as annoying as they may be! And I have given Sheb a very suitable base to address your "fears"!

Please, the world is not that big. A couple navy techs and you are two turns away from them. And the base does nothing to address my fears, when you attack it will merely be the first casualty.

And as I have said before, I never attack unless attacked frist! And the matter with the Domination just ended! I think you should check your facts!

You say a lot of stuff, but lets look at your actions huh? Pretty much every diplomatic incident ever with you has lead to a declaration of war, stopped only by your feeble inability to wage said war.

And we all know the matter was not done. They are not attacking you only because I currently am.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »

I delcared war? With every diplomactic incident? I have only declared war ONCE, and that was, as you should remember, over a misread resolution! And I have said I have no intention of raising any fleets, only getting sea tech only to fear of YOUR invasion.

And what did Sheb say? Oh yes, all embargos and hostility end with the base.

And in any case, no one else is going to attack me. the only people getting attacked in the future is YOU.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 165