Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 74137 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #1485 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

I am still pissy over my lost 2000 monies.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:42 pm »

Eh. The GM said it would happen, but you did nothing.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 17, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »

So. Slavery I, Not quite all I'd hoped for. But still reasonable I must say!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 18, 2011, 03:41:48 am »

I figured Slavery worked best as a three-tier game.  Slavery II gets you an improved slaving industry building (more cash, more loyalty hit!) and the first 'slaver' unit (the presence of the unit at the end of battle increases capture chances) and Slavery III gets you an even better slaving industry building and the second slavery unit (which if present in a battle ensures that all enemies are crippled, rather than killed a la Aztec warrior strategy).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 18, 2011, 03:47:37 am »

Which I am totally going to invest in prior to my continued conquest of the local area. Because that is how I roll.

Can I also get a building in true Aztec style that will give me the option to sacrifice my enemies? Would this be a religious thing?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 18, 2011, 03:51:58 am »

That would essentially be fluff to any religious building, unless you did some serious Necromancy research.  In which case I'd probably let you sacrifice captured units on it for cash or some other sort of bonus.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 18, 2011, 07:48:49 am »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sheb McBrent woke up, sweating. The last months had been horrible, living in constant fear of the pirates, leading ragtag militia up and down the coast, only to arrive too late and discover only wreckage. Always the same landscape of burned houses and corpses, with the terrible smell of burned flesh.

Then, a week ago, Bearskin came back from central Lester, with the terrible news of the defeat. In the whole of Brent, there were only a few battered axemen and militias, to defend againt hordes of pirates.

And there was the dreams. Every night, he could hear them. His people, accusing him of letting them die, the small, burned out corpse of children, with they tiny whisper calling him an assassin. Every night was a torture, a supplice.

Something went wrong. 5 months ago every thing was fine. Commodore Simo was leading the strongest fleet ever assembled, and Bearskin was certain of overcoming Central Lester. Trade was abundant and Brent was the richest Kingdom outside the Old Empire. Now his armies laid in graveyard, the fleet was unheard of and he was ruling a burned out, impoverished Kingdom. After losing his son, he was now losing his Empire.

The voice in his dreams were right. It's son's death, it's subjects' fate it was all his fault.

Silently, he rose up from his bed. He took up his crown, his royal clothes and his scepter. Fully clad in gold and silk, he went to the window, opened it and jumped by a bemused Bran.

The next morning, Bearskin, as Sheb's will said, became King of Brent. Using his magic, he founds trace of psychedelic drugs in Sheb's food, drugs that were almost certainly the cause of his dreams. The assassin was unknown, but rumors were saying an Arcadian spy was behind that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:39 am »

That's certainly a way to purge a bad luck streak...

-Proclamation-

The Greenblood Union is saddened to hear of the death of one the worlds most esteemed rulers, who led his country to both great highs and terrible lows. High Shaman Dwareet'ik was always fond of the king of Brent for his courage and tenacity-he was an old and respected enemy of the Gnolls, even if he did not know it-and has ordered his finest Shamans to engage in a cleansing ritual to safely destroy Shebs eternal soul so it may not come back to haunt his relatives.

We also congratulate Lord Bearskin on his succession and wish him the best.

Behind the Scenes
Dwareet'ik looked mildly annoyed. It seems the helpful ruler of Brent had fallen out his window and spoiled more than his royal undergarments.

He had consulted what amounted to spies in the lands of Brent-Kobold merchants who eavesdropped and idly gathered information that was in turn given to an agent who could send single word messages back to the palace via an ancient magic mirror every twenty four hours-and found the ruler of Brent had in fact been not well at all. The word going around was "poison".

He immediately suspected one of his own. There were many that would benefit from a weakening of his position by murdering a potential friend, or assisting in the murder.

His agents had brought him several forms of poison jungle plants from the untamed lands of Owldale, that could be used to kill, maim or drive mad, and they were easy to find if you knew where to look. One in particular..

The Devil's Laugh Gourd. It could be used to drive even the strongest heart to despondency, if applied properly-it was both subtle, needing extensive dosage to take real affect, and was tasteless and colorless, so it was easy to sneak into food. It could of easily been smuggled to the Brent lands in Gnollish trade ships, for either his rivals use or perhaps someone from Brent itself, looking to buy from them. He was sure his "people" had something to with it...then again, it could be nothing to do with them...but it always pays to be safe.

The celebration was still going on. Loud, off key singing and chattering laughter, along with occasional growl, belch or scream as someone was stabbed. The Gnolls had suffered greatly from the family of Brent over the years-the lands the ruled were always unfriendly to Gnolls-and they were overjoyed he had been killed while they still lived. Thousands would attend the "cleansing" ritual, if only to see for themselves that his spirit would be vanquished-and this particular ritual assured the Gnolls he would never be reincarnated as an enemy, but instead as Gnoll himself.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:48:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:24 pm »

Iiteum if I post my research as " Source of Energy to make Gnome COpters possible" Will it work ?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 18, 2011, 02:42:29 pm »

Iituem has said if you research any goal, you'll get whatever research is needed to eventually get there.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 18, 2011, 02:44:06 pm »

Iituem has said if you research any goal, you'll get whatever research is needed to eventually get there.

Ok so that will work . SUCCESS

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 18, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »

You know. A thought occurs. That perhaps we should be cautious in the raw sums of cash we send to Sheb.

We don't have a safe link anymore.. I don't know if the Dread Pirate would let our aid flow freely (unless it doesnt have to pass him. In which case we're fine)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 18, 2011, 02:47:31 pm »

Don't worry about it, we just go around the other way.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:01 pm »

I just worry. Before now we haven't had a significant source of active threats that could disrupt such actions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »

Eh.

Enough to kill the pirates<4k<Enough to fuck me up if it goes missing.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 165