Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 74143 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #1365 on: April 16, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »

He is the one delcaring it. Not me.

If I tired, Taricus would just futher anger me, causing me to lash out and make Sheb crack down harder upon me.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 16, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »

No, he is declaring he wants nothing to do with you and thus will keep any of his goods from going to you. You are the one who said "THIS MEANS WAR!"

E: Your answer to literally everything is declaring war. This is why I do not like you, for everyone else I know if I have a issue with them we can talk it out. For you I know that it will just come down to strong arming and bullying.

I think everyone can understand why I don't want to deal with that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:46:03 pm by Criptfeind »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 16, 2011, 06:47:33 pm »

No, he is declaring he wants nothing to do with you and thus will keep any of his goods from going to you. You are the one who said "THIS MEANS WAR!"

I am not saying that I want war, but trying to bar a trading faction from all trade is just as good as a delcartion of war.

Doing this is just beating down on a faction that wants peace and trade.

Edit: Not to forget I HAVE TWO FUCKING CARAVANS WHICH I REALLY WANT TO CASH. Perfect timing is it not? Sure, you call me the agressor, but if you look harder, you are the true agressors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 16, 2011, 06:50:36 pm »

Mmm popcorn..

Whos turns are we currently not in possession of? Sheb and Hubris o'course, and I'm pretty sure I didnt see Phantoms, yes?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

I laugh at your declaration that you are a trading fraction. You don't have a single trade tech to your name. Your only techs seem to be military ones.

As for the caravans, I only have one word. What?

How is Sheb stopping you from cashing them in?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 16, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »

Just because I have not turned to researching trade techs yet does not mean I will never turn to them. I plan on much trade, but I have not yet gotten to it yet. Also, Taricus's threats require me to take military research as well, seeing as he obviously plans on invading me.

Also, cashing in a trade caravan makes trade happen. He is embargoing me and anyone who trades with me. Think about it...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 16, 2011, 07:03:05 pm »

Don't be dumb, you are not going to be forced to trade with someone when your caravan gets there.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 16, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »

People could sit here and threaten Hubris all day, chances are he'd just not respond. Doesn't make him look weak.

Biting into the bait Taricus keeps dishing out just makes you look like an easily manipulated tool
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 16, 2011, 07:06:00 pm »

Shut the fuck up Cyber. You not in the game, and you have no say in my actions.

@Criptfeind: No. It says in the rules that trade beings as soon as the caravan is cashed. In fact, thats the whole reason you send the damned thing.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:12 pm »

True, i'm not in the game, but that doesn't make me wrong. My point of view is agreed to, endorsed, and well supported by virtually every other person IN the game. But Hey, if you want to commit suicide in the game, be my guest. Just stop trying to blame everyone else's actions as the cause of it. You've had more than enough chances to be diplomatic and instead all you've done is posture and flaunt what lackluster military power you have. You may cripple one of the NE's weaker players, but they're going to mow you down in the end. You can't fight a war of attrition. They don't need to conquer you, they can merely annex the land around you and blockade what little trade you have. Stunting your growth until they're far enough ahead of you they can swat down any inane attempts you make at them with their garrisons. THEN they'll crush what's left of your military territory by territory.

It won't be quick, but it'll be satisfying to watch.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 16, 2011, 07:13:20 pm »

It says that a trade route is opened.  Trade routes have to be accepted by both sides.  You'd still get the cash bonus on completion of the journey, but if the other side doesn't want to trade with you it wouldn't matter.

Assuming you don't get any raider troubles during your caravan movements either.  Unguarded caravans are a risk, especially now that the game is past the first few turns.

JF:  Have you ever read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" (sometimes known as The Thirteen Chapters)?  It might be a very valuable insight for you, and of the qualities that make a good general.  There's at least one good translation on the internet you can Google.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 16, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »

JF:  Have you ever read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" (sometimes known as The Thirteen Chapters)?  It might be a very valuable insight for you, and of the qualities that make a good general.  There's at least one good translation on the internet you can Google.

I have it as a kindle DL on my phone :P I'm particularly fond of the story in which the enemy general lights a torch to read the note on the tree ^.^

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 16, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »

Hey Iituem, I am getting pretty tired of having to sweep away plague ridden bodies of peasants that pile up on my front stoop. Is there a health care tech?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 16, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »

I am aware of it and have read a few of the tips and tricks in there. One thing I noted was that deception and stealth are vaulable parts of warfare. They may serve me well if Taricus attacks.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 16, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »

Plague ridden bodies? eh?! What have you not been telling us Cript?!

Actually what yer looking for may be in the Herbalism tree. Might have some buildings that increase loyalty due to improved health care.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 165