Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 74182 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #945 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:04 am »

But think about it.

Look at your land army. If my skrimishers come over there right now you will be on your kneels. I have the superior land army.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 04, 2011, 06:59:41 am »

Depends on where you strike. and our armies are fairly balanced.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:10 am »

Why do people want to rush me in every C@W game I play? There are a thousand other places to expand.

Largely because you have an impressive innate ability to make enemies.  I hardly understand it myself.

Edit:  Also, I figured out how to take the entirety of your empire in three turns for £8740, with most of it gone by the second turn.  It'd be a hefty expense, but that's to take it as it is now with <5% chance of your survival and be able to hold your territories against any future invasions.  If you were willing to play a greater risk level, you could easily do it in half that cost, taking about double the time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:21:25 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 04, 2011, 07:16:05 am »

Pride begets arrogance.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:51 am »

That said, at a cost of £1500 and leaving his flanks completely exposed, Taricus could take three of your territories and hold them by the end of Turn 11.  It might not necessarily matter which three territories, because you have four that he can reach in one turn's move.  You might be able to reduce your losses to two territories on that first turn, but then you're essentially risking doom.

On the other hand, if Taricus were to join forces with Criptfeind they could take your entire country by Turn 12 without spending any more than they already have.

The lesson you should learn from this?  Invest in defences.  Right now.  Take out loans from anyone who's still a neutral party to you, accept that the terms will be unfavourable, and build defensive fortifications.  Walls alone increase the strength of each of your spearmen defending by 50%.

And if you're playing a defensive game, seriously considering hiring some of those pikemen.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:00 am »

What is this 'if'?

Really though, you don't have to freak out, I don't really think anyone is past the bluster stage at this point.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 04, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Still, if theres this level of apparent hostility, I'd be investing in some more troops. Thats just me though.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 04, 2011, 02:17:27 pm »

Although, the entirety of the temptess defence is made up of spearmen and one heavy ax. If I was to quickly invest in a skrimisher army and I got to the other end of the straight, then Tarcitus and Cript (IF he sided with Taricus, otherwise he would not be a target) would be push-overs.

Although the heavy ax may be a problem. Its going to go through a large amount of forces like butter. It will topple if alone, however.

The main problem will be, as we are all sure of, getting the soldier there in the FIRST place. Taricus has a powerful navy, and I have no navy. Not to forget the fact that my own CULTURE would play a part in it, if it could.

Just be aware that I will not make ANY attacks intill I am attacked first. I do not care if you issue a "Declaration of War", I will only agress if agressed on first. And that is final. No ifs. No Buts. Thats the downside of being a highly honourable nation.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 04, 2011, 02:38:20 pm »

Hmm, according to Terenos, I can trade a caravan if I border someone, so I've decided to trade with JohnFalcon, everyone.

Is anybody gonna cry foul over this, anyway? I'm kinda doing it just to be nice, plus I get profits...

I gotta tread the waters carefully!

EDIT: I should add, once I link up my caravan, this would put JF in Shebs Trading block. Which is why I'm being careful, cause I don't know what everyone feels about that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:39:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:42 pm »

He may be getting invaded soon so I'd go for phantom. more goods out of that route too.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:29 pm »

Well, firstly it takes zero effort (due to the shared border) to trade with JF. Thusly its a fine move. And if JF gets invaded, and conquered, well, Dwarmin still borders someone and thus can trade with them. Tisnt really involving caravans though.

Also, JF can always be excluded from 'Shebs Trade Network' by the choice of anyone in it (gotta agree to trade agreements)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 04, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »

EDIT: Terenos ninja'd everything I was going to say.

If your really against it Taricus, just tell me to back off... I'd be a big help to me, but probably not worth antagonizing you over.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:01 pm »

I am antagonist vs wolf boy, I don't care if you trade with him though.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:54 pm »

You better had not invade me Taricus. Otherwise I will build a fleet and conquer your puny spearman army. I WILL.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 04, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Can't conquer me if I already have the seas.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 165