Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73997 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #615 on: March 28, 2011, 12:47:48 pm »

So loops are even easier to make.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

can troops retreat through a hostile territory to a friendly one?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:05:00 pm by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2011, 12:50:21 pm »

No.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:01 pm »

Well, I'm not sure it make sense for neutral troops to retreat all the time. For one think, who's paying their upkeep? For another, while would a North Brentian savage keep fighting for years until it is defending some god forsaken fief up in the north?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:59 pm »

Cause they hate you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 28, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »

Well, it suddenly make much more sense, thank you. :)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 28, 2011, 12:53:07 pm »

No really think about it. You drove them from their homeland, why would they not try to stop you from gaining land, even if they don't care about the land in question.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 28, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »

Oh yes, and if the upkeep for the units in a neutral region exceeds its capacity to support them (i.e. its income), they will start raiding anyone nearby to make upkeep.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 28, 2011, 01:02:47 pm »

Wow, even nicer. Now, I need to find a way to push a wave of barbarians that will raid the other empire.

P.S. Can you have wave of raid, when raid from people you pushed around deprive people a bit further from paying their soldier and THEY go out on a raid?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:50 pm »

Haha.  Mostly they will stick to raiding player nations, I think.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:15 pm »

Not to mention that it'll be cheaper to trade with me since you either have to bribe the old empire or buy a ship to trade with terenos.

Sounds the way to go. Look forward to hooking up with you guys!

One thing I'm curious about though, how do you guys feel about me exporting my upcoming religion to your countries, and using it raise your loyalty? Divine Right of Kings ftw.

This meaning you save a nice amount of gold on upkeep, while I get rich from the collection plate as well. Also, I'll probably survive longer.

Ahh, but the trick is, it essentially ties our nations at the hip-we both make money, but if I choose to preach against you, and you then have to do a purge, or vice versa, and everything falls apart...essentially, it's a big loss for both sides if we're aggressive to each other, and a big bonus as long as we are friends.

I'm willing to put in the money+time investment for this anyway-my goal is going to get a religious victory, by which the whole world only believes in the the belief system of the Divine Resurrection.

I'd like to hear you guys thoughts. Will there be any competitors in this arena? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:35 pm »

Right here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:16 pm »

Well, I'm thinking about making Ariani culture basically a Religon, so...

No.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 28, 2011, 04:52:17 pm »

I thought your religion was based on the worshipers being stupid?

If you can make it attractive then maybe, I do not have a real religion set in stone. But more likely then not I will just go with Taricus's religion.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 28, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »

Not to mention that it'll be cheaper to trade with me since you either have to bribe the old empire or buy a ship to trade with terenos.

Sounds the way to go. Look forward to hooking up with you guys!

One thing I'm curious about though, how do you guys feel about me exporting my upcoming religion to your countries, and using it raise your loyalty? Divine Right of Kings ftw.

This meaning you save a nice amount of gold on upkeep, while I get rich from the collection plate as well. Also, I'll probably survive longer.

Ahh, but the trick is, it essentially ties our nations at the hip-we both make money, but if I choose to preach against you, and you then have to do a purge, or vice versa, and everything falls apart...essentially, it's a big loss for both sides if we're aggressive to each other, and a big bonus as long as we are friends.

I'm willing to put in the money+time investment for this anyway-my goal is going to get a religious victory, by which the whole world only believes in the the belief system of the Divine Resurrection.

I'd like to hear you guys thoughts. Will there be any competitors in this arena? :P

Never going to happen GNOMES WILL NOT BETRAY THEIR CREATOR !!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 165