Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73930 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 27, 2011, 12:53:32 pm »

I think the ability to deny trade of strategic resources is a good option. I also support a wider variety of tactical resources, but know that may not be feasible currently. But who knows what could become tactical in time? Stone Golems? Coal clearly could be.

Annywho, John, ye missed out on the divvying of Northbrand (which to my recollection was myself in Northron, Taricus in Cloud, and no one had claimed Greyland, but I was going to snap it up if Cript wasn't interested.) I also figured Cript would make moves on Shadevale, while Taricus sailed west to those small islands. Then Cript would likely step into the NW of the continent.

That said, I'm sure no ones got anything solid as to the layout of the future. I figure wars will likely happen a lot faster than anyone predicts but no ones likely gonna be taken out of the picture for awhile. Nah..see this crowd I figure will go more in for diplomacy, strategic manuevering, then suddenly descending upon whoever is assumed to be weak/alone.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 27, 2011, 01:00:40 pm »

Also, I rather like the Greenblood Union's fluff, now that I've had time to read it.  There's something appealing about a race over half of whose inhabitants are barely sapient and operate mostly on animal instinct, yet are influenced by individual members of a race technically lower than everyone else.

Also, is Lord Dwareet'ik a kobold?  And is the ascension to shaman process for kobolds basically kill/blackmail your superiors?  If so, how ritualised is it?

Lord Dwareet'ik
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ritual

On Gnollish fear of the supernatural
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 27, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »

Right now the tactical resources are; Horses, Ivory, Stone, Marble*, Iron, Copper and Coal*.  Marked resources only become tactically valuable in the later game; Marble will be flat out required for some more potent cultural/religious buildings, Coal will be extremely valuable to anyone trying to go steampunk.  More advanced defensive structures will require stone (castles etc), but the weaker ones (city walls) just get a benefit if they're built in the same region.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 27, 2011, 01:03:01 pm »

When you say Cript will go into the Northwest of the continent, your discounting one major figure.

Me.
If Cript goes for the Northwestern side of Imperia, He will be getting into my land claims, and incur my wrath. And we are at about equal power at the moment, so a war with me would not be desirable. (And, as my future fluff will clarify in, the Old Steel Empire.)

Your also discounting the fact that Steel and Merkel are Green Territories, meaning they have very strong defences.

Edit: And I may go into steampunk a little. Perhaps only primitive Steamboats or coalpowered-vehicles. May get Railroads REALLY late in-game.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:08:23 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 27, 2011, 01:06:41 pm »

I'm hardly discounting you John, I just figure that's where he'll try to make his inroads, -if- the main continent intrigues him. Likely into a province near to you, but not bordering you, so as not to directly agitate you/give himself a buffer against your attacks.

And that works both ways.. Hes got land he can conquer, easily. You and I..Less so, given the wealth of our nearby areas.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 27, 2011, 01:09:44 pm »

I know that, that is why I am saving the north for last and taking the cheaper areas first, so I have some land to jump off of, and seal my Empire's expanstion by land.

Edit: Also in my expanstion, I brushup againist a lot of different Biomes in a small space. I hope that I can gain a lot of different resources in this area.
And if I gain iron, I may just beeline steel because...

...Well you can guess...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:12:39 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 27, 2011, 01:12:55 pm »

Well, Just be cautious I reckon. You're sort of the black sheep at the moment. But someone had to be I guess.

Dwarmin, that is some intriguing lore. I find the relationship between gnolls and kobolds to be fascinating!
[joke]And will study it in great detail after conquering your people and making slaves of you all. [/joke]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 27, 2011, 01:14:20 pm »

my wrath.

Not really afraid here. Even if I lose a war with you you can not really hurt me. On the other hand if I was to win a war with you you would be wiped from the game.

And the strong defenses are only for the NPCs, they will not help you nearly as much.

At any rate, with the map wrap I am close to all shores. So I can pick and chose where I go.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 27, 2011, 01:19:42 pm »

In my fluff, my area is a lot of the Old Steel Empire. There was a lot of civil war starting when the spell of Mastery was broken, and my leader saw his opportunity to take power.

And don't worry Dwarmin, well turn you into SERFS when we maul you. Which is just a little better then being a slave! [/joke]

Not really afraid here. Even if I lose a war with you you can not really hurt me. On the other hand if I was to win a war with you you would be wiped from the game.

Whats stopping me from building a boat and waltzing over to your place after an invasion, exactly?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 27, 2011, 01:21:44 pm »

I have a feeling that I should send Umirat into coma and then make his brother attack Steel...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

"tactical resources are; Horses, Ivory, Stone, Marble*, Iron, Copper and Coal*."
"Marble will be flat out required for some more potent cultural/religious buildings"

By the by Iituem.. will I get to keep this Temple, or is it jury rigged to self destruct to annoy me?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 27, 2011, 01:24:50 pm »

I have a feeling that I should send Umirat into coma and then make his brother attack Steel...

Why? What did I do to you? I wasn't being annoying to anyone...

And in terms of the NPC defence, it only works for keeping people from expanding into my claims from the North Sea, it will not help at all in an invastion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 27, 2011, 01:25:19 pm »

Whats stopping me from building a boat and waltzing over to your place after an invasion, exactly?
A bunch of Islamic dwarves and elves.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 27, 2011, 01:26:17 pm »

I'll see your Islamic dwarves and elves and raise you a race culturally afraid of the sea!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 27, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »

I was discounting the alliance with Taricus.

I was also being theorical. I have no intention of invading you if you do not invade me.

Edit: And the cultural fear of the Sea does not apply to combat. It'll just make my people more pissed at you for every ship sunk.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:29:05 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 165