Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73734 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »

I didn't do anything to paint the Gnomes evil. Their just making my people pissy at them.

And if your right Terenos, then adwarf must be the most evil one here.

Also, on the topic of Hartcus's rebellion:

They couldn't have killed 4 humans (A species with much greater weapons and Training, not to forget their hight.) for every Gnome (A tiny creature that barely has any decent weaponary or armour, or any training). The only way that Hartius dude could get them to kill on that ratio is to use some kind of dark art to make them insanely stronger.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:35:23 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »

Or only one of the four was actually fighting.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »

gnomes are weaker than most races, so magic would be the most useful, and since necromancy allows the raising of the dead to fight for me, and the ability to use those very helpful curse spells it seems most beneficial

@ JF

I said they used it but only around 2 out of 100 gnomes have any magical talent that amounts to that of a wizard

That is not really how you betrayed them in most of your story. But who cares? My point was that I thought you were going to go steam punk to make up for your natural deficiency.

Also one out of fifty guys is a HUGE amount to be wizards. A traditional number in much lore about humans would be one in a thousand or one in ten thousand.

JF -
Gnomes do not use slaves, because they themselves have been inslaved for many years.

What is necromancery but a type of enslavement?

I smell hypocrisy.

Maybe you see see the truth about you Gnomes in Cripts fluff 4 pages ago.

Well it completely goes agianst my fluff which I am typing up the rest right now. SO his fluff is wrong.

I wrote it so not only did it fit every thing you wrote from a differing perspective, but it also filled up many of the plot holes you left. Like really, your story made very very little sense before I made my changes.

If you are changing it now... Well that makes you in the wrong now does it not?

ACtually Cript's fluff was told as a story handed down over many generations. Perhaps the Gnomes were not the true fiends of the day, Perhaps they just somehow got lumped in there. You know how it goes..Years of retelling and retelling..Things change.

Yes. That is the point of the story. History can be seen in very different ways. Differing events that are in fact the same from different cultures are a big issue in collecting a solid history of the world.

History may never know for certain what version is correct. All historians can do is comb though and try to find the accounts that are not as conflicting.

That said, I would venture to say that my story is much more coherent and well thought out. If I was a historian I would put more weight on my side of the story.

What he said about dark magic is wrong the carts are powered by steam, and or burning coal. WHilst the Gnome Copters are powered by pedals that the gnomes driving it would push like when your riding a bicycle as the pedals are pushed the rotors on top spin bringing it into the air were a fin  ont the back controls the angle, and direction you are moving.

Okay. The nitty gritty.

That is what you believe from your histories. But if you look what happens in the real world you will find some differences.

You have two strong connections with necromancery. You were attacked the undead RIGHT in the area my story said the undead are plentiful. And what is your first research goal? Is it mechanics? No. It is necromancery.

My story has more and more elements of truth in it and yours is fading to nothing but a optimistic fantasy.

Also gyrocopters like that are nine types of impossible.

Look at it from a historians perspective. On one hand you have a coherent possible story that fits with the facts of the world. And on the other hand you have a wild account that defiantly appeared after the fact that makes very little sense.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:58:13 pm by Criptfeind »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »

He has a point adwarf. Cripts story makes far more sense than yours.

It may not be what really happened, but it must sure be close.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2011, 04:00:40 pm »

I just read the new parts of adwarf fluff.

Nothing really that changes my side. Can just be fragmented reminders. Or what happened after we left and the empire stepped in.

I love how he describes the enemy as a hero.

Would that not make the gnomes the villains?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:02:45 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »

Warning. Lore Ahead.

The Continent of Northbrand

When Orcs gather together, there are tales are always told of the land now known as Northbrand, or "Ur-Gavok" in their own tongue. The Proving Grounds(or the First Lands) to translate it into our own tongue. The Orcs, are a hardy race, well suited to harsh climates and long winters. By strength and brutality they conquered once a mighty empire. What follows is a rough collaboration of tales and myths that perhaps give insight to the history of the Orcs.

Spoiler: Giirvak's Dream (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Time of Blood (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Dark Times (click to show/hide)

Stay Tuned for Part 2, in which the Orcish Empire invades Imperia.

(Is it sketchy? Perhaps a little. But I like to leave holes for others to put their own lore in.)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »

Also, the entire "Gnomes were enslaved" thing contridicts my story in a sense. If the other beings and the OE were using almost an entire race for slave labour, why would they use the small, bitchy, Gnomes that almost never worked as slaves? They would've just imported Ariani slaves of there already surplus supply of them to Farland for the extra labour.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:14:11 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2011, 04:09:58 pm »

Thats where my fluff comes in.

Not written yet but It'll come.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

You know, the more we look at it, the more plot holes we have yet to fill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2011, 04:11:17 pm »

Plot hole summary please.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

Too lazy. Blarg.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

Also, the entire "Gnomes were enslaved" thing contridicts my story in a sense. If the other beings and the OE were using almost an entire race for slave labour, why would they use the small, bitchy, Gnomes that almost never worked as slaves? They would've just imported Ariani slaves of there already surplus supply of them to Farland of the extra labour.
Yes. That is one of the plot holes I was talking about.

Plot hole summary please.

Of who? Everyone?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2011, 04:14:13 pm »

Everyones.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »

I actually kinda like this whole xenophobia we're painting the Old Empire with. That amuses me to an extent.
Theres plenty of plot holes, but y'know, build lore and they'll get filled. Lets just try not to say our own lore is definitive, be all, end all. We're posting points of view. Collected stories, old manuscripts. There will be conflicting bits in history. It makes it richer.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:24 pm »

I am not sure if that is possible. I can try.

As to Terenos, you are 100% correct. But I do not think he was talking about just differences in lore. I think Taricus meant things that just out right do not make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 165