Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 73867 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #1935 on: April 25, 2011, 08:38:11 am »

There were plenty of more paths to take. He had a great number of choices. He could've invested in his money and made himself an ecomoic power. He could've gotten more invovled in world poltics, and became a political power. He could've went far into the resreach tree and become a scientific power. And there were many more choices. But out of all of them, he chooses the one of war and pain.

none of these things are possible without a larger income than he had.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 25, 2011, 08:40:57 am »

Not expanding is suicide. Sure, you could choose to invest more in your lands and expand less, but you'd have to expand anyway.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 25, 2011, 08:46:08 am »

There were plenty of more paths to take. He had a great number of choices. He could've invested in his money and made himself an ecomoic power. He could've gotten more invovled in world poltics, and became a political power. He could've went far into the resreach tree and become a scientific power. And there were many more choices. But out of all of them, he chooses the one of war and pain.

none of these things are possible without a larger income than he had.

Thats why you INVEST MONEY. Why the fuck do you think you can do that?

And not expanding is not suicide. You can also invest in defences and such. And he has plenty of land.

You do not need thousands of miles of land to be a millionare.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 25, 2011, 08:49:57 am »

Makes it quicker though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 25, 2011, 08:56:28 am »

there is a HARD LIMIT to investment into infrastructure based on research, which slowly get more expensive -faster- than investment cap increases

And the investment isnt actually cost-effective. Look at slavery? 800 for the tech, 500 for the building, 200/turn income. 5k for 500 income isnt helpful. I understand it's base and thus modified by most buildings, but still. 1800/400 > 5k/500...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:00:54 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 25, 2011, 09:00:11 am »

But anyway, if one does not need land to grow, surely you have no problems with Criptfiend taking yours? You'll be able to invest just fine in the land Phantom's going to give you.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 25, 2011, 09:35:25 am »

Actually, Cript had a few expansion opportunities. Through you, Through Dwarmin, Into Northbrand, but he chose the option he liked the most. Northbrand brought him into conflict with me, and i've got the economic and military strength to win that fight. So no profit there. Dwarmins a nice guy, and Cript'd feel bad about destroying him this early.
You, may be a nice guy, but you're needlessly arrogant, and you take things a bit personally.

Also. Expansion is key.You can dump $1000 into investment, and get back a pretty varying return. I can drop that same cash into troops (And DO!) and get solid returns that keep happening.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:31 am »

Actualy, he could've moved into northbrand before you could.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:41 am »

Could have, But it would have made things strained between us. And that falls under the category of 'annoying someone you may need later'. Northron is invariably worth perhaps $300 a turn, maybe, total. Plus the unification bonus, which I may share with you two anyways for being good sports about my claims. $300 a turn isnt worth getting into a war outside your nearby domain for.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:14 am »

Depends on how close your troops are to the coast.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48:23 am »

And, more importantly, you would probably not have gone into war with him. You'd be moderatly annoyed, but there isn't much you could do.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:19 am »

It would likely not have opened war between us, but it would have changed my stance regarding the New Empire, slightly. For example, I would have seen you guys as folks I would watch closely, as you'd thus be 2 people crowding me from the north, with naval superiority and flying units respectively, While Brent pushes from the south. It would have probably pushed us into war faster.

Hence the 'nearby' domain bit. Fighting JF? Economically viable. Fighting me over a scrap of land somewhere else thats worth about the same? Less so.
Better deal. And no hurt feelings from anyone Cript considers to matter: Bonus.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:33 am »

Yup, war with you isn't economically viable, but there would have been no war. Not for several turns at elast, and who know what the situation will be in a few years?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 25, 2011, 10:00:42 am »

In a few years, hrm..Trade will be restored methinks, Ariani lands will have fallen to the Free Tempest republic. The Greenblood tribes will have moved into Owldale, I will have conquered Northron and possibly a bit of Villvale. You will be restoring your armies still. The Southlands will come ever closer to being a wholy empired land(no neutral provinces), but I foresee no conflict there.
The Cadre will move into Owldale as well. The Taikeni Dominion will conquer Cloud and then travel to Greyland for the purposes of conquest there. The Free Tempest republic will build up the poor lands of Maver, and a stronger army.

The Dread Pirate Roberts will survive, and Shinala's raiders will be well paid for the work they do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05:38 am »

I doubt the pirates would be so easy to remove.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165