Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 165

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread  (Read 74107 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Fluff Thread
« Reply #1515 on: April 18, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

Kasr Umirat on Conquering
Note to self, make sure territories are worth something before invading.
Ah crap, Nadezdy things I stole her halberd.

*Benny Hill chase*

Meanwhile...
Goddamn you, Light Cavalry! Why are you so weak!?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 18, 2011, 11:44:43 pm »

Wait, isn't it obvious? Just send a caravan to the united provinces. Really guys.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:44 am »

Wait, isn't it obvious? Just send a caravan to the united provinces. Really guys.

Map wrap does not work that way :V

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 19, 2011, 01:49:46 am »

Well I support multiple trade routes, personally. Multiple paths sort of deal. Prevents 1 tile being blockaded from knocking out the whole trade network. Which means Taricus/criptfiend should connect to me, and Phantom should connect into Hubris.

Fluff!

Commander Bright's Field Journal. Late Summer, 1005.
I hate forests. Though this forest had a sense of unspoken, timeless beauty. As we followed the Iron Road, to the well established orcish city of T'sen Ang, I was filled with a sense of peace, So I doubled the guard as not to appear incautious. The local Orcs have much in common with their brethren in Villvale, and to appear unwary would invite contempt, and attack.

One could safely assume that they had gone out of their way to make the city both impressive from an aesthetic and militaristic point of view. Taking the walls was, in our grand tradition, Easy. Though once more I suffered a wound when an opportunistic longbowman decided I, standing 'alone' would make an excellent target. Cursed phantom soldiers and my own inability to lose myself in a 'crowd' of them. Oh, and they wont take arrows for me. I swear they go completely insubstantial just to cause me physical pain.

Falstaff finds such concerns hilarious. I would dearly like to take his head for his little 'jokes'. But his value to the Lord Traveler, is immeasurable. As is my own, though in deference to wanting to grow old, I've requested a position slightly further back from the front lines. And some better armor.

I am interested shall I say, with.. the..well I should say culture of this place. It is worth exploring.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:00:19 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 20, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »

Early winter, 1005

After having my first real break from poverty earlier this year I decided to gather together a small band of like-minded rogues and assault some caravans like an opportunistic...well..rogue. With the goods I gathered from that raid, the group of us has set out to do the impossible. We're all tired of the slum life and would like to settle somewhere nice. Other areas are banding together, why can't we? They tie themselves to diplomatic standards and land - we tie ourselves to the loyalty of cold hard coin. Coin spends everywhere and everyone wants it. When we grow rich and fat enough to be bored, we'll settle somewhere nice...or we'll simply just take someplace by force with an army the likes of which hasn't been seen in ages outside of the Old Empire. It won't be easy, but at the very least we'll die entertained if not happy.

We've put up some posters along the mainland's major factions. 'Work' is a loose word for what we're looking for, but if your definition is any form of labor that results in payment - it fits. We'll see what turns up. For now though we have plans.

Shinala, new leader of the Camorri Bandits
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »

GM Sanctioned, or fluff only?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:04 pm »

Technically, anyone is free to RP with us!

I'm guessing the Camorri bandits are the ones who hit the Steel Empires caravans?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 20, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »

I have no comment outside of that i'm now playing. Secretly.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:15 pm »

I'm going to have to ask the big man for confirmation on that ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »

Oh ho ho ho ho.

Yes.

This just gets better and better.

Edit: Only I do worry, this world is really not big enough to support a mercenary fraction. I am afraid you might have to just raid the fuck out of everyone just to survive.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:23:28 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 20, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »

Hmm, maybe Cybergenesis will control ALL the bandits, and save Iituem the hassle?

That would be awesome.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 20, 2011, 03:35:07 pm »

Confirmation given.  CG is now playing as a raider faction.  I will not elaborate on the rules, but they different in a few ways from normal playing rules.  CG is not controlling the Dread Pirate Roberts' fleet, though.  CG will submit turns through PM to me, rather than posting them publically.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:37:30 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 20, 2011, 03:35:47 pm »

Awwww...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »

Can he hold territory if he so chooses?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 20, 2011, 03:38:31 pm »

No.  I'll confirm that as one hard rule; raider factions cannot hold territory.  This is the primary difference between them and the main player empires.  I won't go into further detail beyond that.

Clarification:  By 'hold' I mean 'own'.  He can occupy territories with troops, but not conquer them.  Troops build in territories he has soldiers stationed in will have to fight his soldiers as soon as they are completed, unless he moves his soldiers out by the time those troops are completed (one turn later).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:40:58 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 165