Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348503 times)

Panboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1935 on: March 11, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »

I was playing this mod before and quite enjoyed it but i cant get it to work on the current version of DF I DLed Sorcerer's version from a few posts up and it keeps crashing when its saving the world. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance :3

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 11, 2012, 01:58:22 pm »

Just made these out of sorcerers stonesense sprites, based on the "Hearth's Warming Eve"-costumes. He's right, spriting sure is fun!

From left to right: generic armor worn by some background pony, Commander Hurricane, Private Pansy, Princess Platinum.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 11, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

oh wow, those are awesome, quite fitting as I am actually doing some work on the equipment for the new version of stonesense

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 11, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »

Thank you, i made some more. i just hope they fit.

left to right: luna guard armor(from "it's about time"), luna guard armor with saddle(looks plain stupid), smart cookie(hearts warming eve)

There's also a bunch of ponys who just wear casual rags. So if you have some use for them in your mod i could sprite them. The whole Pony/Dwarf Fortress crossover is pretty grimdark on its own but ponys running around im rags would give it a "nice" fitting feeling.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 11, 2012, 05:01:59 pm »

Stonesense is actually getting support for the actual clothing being worn, so every clothing sprite counts. The ponies that are actually wearing rags would be shown wearing them.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 11, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

Well, with Japa now adding seperate equipment pieces that show up in SS, anything you want to sprite I can add :P

Basically, you can do stuff like ARMOR_ROBE and color the sprite by its ingame color, its pretty sweet :D

Some positions will get sprites to overwrite the default, for instance medical ponys (nurses and doctors)
mayor and other positions could get those fancy collars and bowties too :P

Also, with this addition, making some extra 'vanity' stuff should be doable, just add tons of different clothing parts for diversity, like bowties and tophats and whatnot.. Ponyville seems to be the only place where everypony is mostly naked :P

Also, my fork is trying to be a little less grimdark, I think it settles for a [dark] tag, not the full monty :D

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

I was playing this mod before and quite enjoyed it but i cant get it to work on the current version of DF I DLed Sorcerer's version from a few posts up and it keeps crashing when its saving the world. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance :3

Open up your errorlog(should be right below Dwarf Fortress.exe in the main folder) and tell us what comes after the "Impoverished Word Selector" spam. Also, generating worlds is a bit problematic in the new version, try a world gen of 300 years or less and see if that helps. And if you've put Dwarf Fortress in the Program Files folder, move it somewhere, anywhere, else. As this might be a problem with Dorf Fort itself rather than My Little Fortress, knowing your OS, CPU and how much RAM you have could be useful if that doesn't solve it.

Thank you, i made some more. i just hope they fit.

left to right: luna guard armor(from "it's about time"), luna guard armor with saddle(looks plain stupid), smart cookie(hearts warming eve)

There's also a bunch of ponys who just wear casual rags. So if you have some use for them in your mod i could sprite them. The whole Pony/Dwarf Fortress crossover is pretty grimdark on its own but ponys running around im rags would give it a "nice" fitting feeling.

Nice. One idea that struck me, military ponies without armour should wear catsuits. I've already made catsuits for the next version, basically used the caparison code but gave them a smaller layer size and removed the leather tag. So no cat leather catsuits, unfortunately.

Find someone who worships her, make them a cook and have them make cake statues. Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a pony lust deity who didn't also have generosity or compassion as well. "Excuse me, would you mind if I held you down against your will for a little bit?"

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 11, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »

Huh, I never had problems with saving the world personally, but admittedly i stop worldgen after 250 years or so.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »

I still say we need rock farming.

Perhaps balanced by an inability to mine and give special rock types, like gems and stuff for metal only a small chance of occurring as an extra if that's possible?

That would force people to make above ground towns and lock away any chance for magma, unless you find an active volcano.

That should lead to fun. Probably problematic for world gen survival to.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 11, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »

I'm making conjurable stone(grow rock flower, refine extract, use to fix essence or cloud, sun, etc for stone).

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's looking better and better. To bad we can't play the game like this.

Hmm, it ought to be possible though.

If people found a way to make stone-sense surly it's possible to make dwarf fortress playable in 3d. Al you really change is how the game looks. It would have to be played on an side program though.
Somewhere on YouTube is a video of a Stonesense-like program(except the graphics were only marginally better than DF) that did just that, for 40d. That was when 40d was current, it might've stagnated or might just need love…

If anyones interested in English names for the ponies, it's easy.  Just remove all T_WORDS from language_DWARF or make a new language_ENGLISH file with only:
language_ENGLISH

[OBJECT:LANGUAGE]

[TRANSLATION:ENGLISH]
...or EQUINE if you prefer and generate a world and the ponies have english names.  I've tested this on all versions since 31.15 and I've included an example using a slightly modded version of this mod below...
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5841
Weird thing, I tried that(actually using a custom hack to test the pony tiles I made from the Stonesense graphics), and the result was not English, but empty strings. Does it work for you in both TrueType and tiled text?

And oh yeah, for those who want tiles, push for the Stonesense graphics to be released :3 I currently have tiles sorta working, nobs and military don't show up right in the Stocks screen(even though actual nobs and military show up fine), and the foals and colts/fillies are just shrunk adults. I was going to release as soon as I got the bugs worked out. I could easily make it support pegasi, unicorns, and winged unicorns as separate creatures, but if caste capability exists I'm not aware of it.

(Note for those who want to do this themselves: there doesn't seem to be any problem using 32x32 creature tiles on 16x16 world tiles, it just scales them and looks good. The nobs and military also fail on a 16x16 version.)

Worldgen doesn't care about amounts. "We have a rock farmer, now we have all the rocks we need!"

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a pony lust deity who didn't also have generosity or compassion as well. "Excuse me, would you mind if I held you down against your will for a little bit?"
Why must lust be noncon? :P
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49:56 am »

Wow, that's great, that might mean a little update and it could work. I'll definable remember that, thanks!

Because if they have compassion it ain't rape?
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 12, 2012, 02:06:50 am »

Worldgen doesn't care about amounts. "We have a rock farmer, now we have all the rocks we need!"

Do custom reactions count, though? I mean, will caravans show up with conjured logs in the new version? I suppose I'll be finding out soon.

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a pony lust deity who didn't also have generosity or compassion as well. "Excuse me, would you mind if I held you down against your will for a little bit?"
Why must lust be noncon? :P

Fluttershy is a goddess that occurs in the legends of The Little Pony. She is associated with compassion, animals and lust. She is most often represented as a female pegasus pony.

And hey, [ETHIC:RAPE:UNTHINKABLE]. Really, really, not what I meant.  :-\

By the way, has anyone had a look at Jolly Bastion? Looks interesting.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 12, 2012, 02:41:05 am »

Do custom reactions count, though? I mean, will caravans show up with conjured logs in the new version? I suppose I'll be finding out soon.
Should. Based on my custom reaction work, it seems worldgen does bother fully with types of items, just not amounts. So if a civ has no iron ore, custom reactions that take iron ore don't contribute. But, for example, when I added a debug reaction that produced iron bars, I ended up being able to embark from some civs of that entity with bars & anvils of iron and steel, but not iron ore.

(From a programming perspective, this is an easy hack; just loop, enabling any disabled reactions you have the reagents for, until no new reactions were enabled on a pass. Actually setting up trade routes to get tin from this fortress and copper from that fortress would be much harder. Not necessarily hard, but orders of magnitude harder :J)
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 12, 2012, 06:56:55 am »

Too bad Stone sense has no mac support yet vv.
a few things ive noticed, Alicorns seem to tend to end up being princesses, which is good. I think they need some special attacks though, and I cant seem to get the Unicorn telekinetic attack to work.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 140