Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348524 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1920 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:50 pm »

I actually made eyepatches and spiked collars as "vanity items" for diomedans in my old version, but It is lost to the ages.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 09, 2012, 03:50:01 pm »

Wait just one darn minute. Where the hell are the buzzards that can really buzz?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 09, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »

Wait just one darn minute. Where the hell are the buzzards that can really buzz?
Has to be possible, since there is a sound token.

[SOUND]
    Sound application (currently accepts ALERT or PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT)
    Sound range (in tiles)
    Sound delay (lower values = sound is produced more often)
    VOCALIZATION or NONE (determines whether the sound requires breathing or not)
    First-person description
    Third-person description
    Description when out of sight

(Creature makes sounds periodically, which can be heard in Adventure mode.)
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

Good catch, I'll add it to the list. I watched the Show Stoppers on TV with my little bronies a few days ago, and at one point the CMC are diving in what seems to be a lake or river, and get chased by a big, blue squid. I'm inclined to make lake/river squid a thing. Adds a little danger, and for the seriously crazy, setting up a system to drain a whole river to harvest them will be quite rewarding.

I'm just about finished with transferring the changes to the raws(gizzards, tongues, new benign tags and that). I've implemented and tested wing feathers on pegasi, and since it works, I'll roll it out across the others. I'll be interested to see how honey badger pegasi react to that, I can see that being a nightmare to debug, or maybe I'm just paranoid about creature variations. I'll give the various animal ponies pretty low frequencies, since they're being complained about enough in vanilla, with the zebra/buffalo/lion varieties it's going to be something of a clusterbuck. I'll probably do some pruning, maybe limit pony and buffalo to temperate creatures and zebra and lions to tropical, with a little overlap.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:33 am »

Buffalo!

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 10, 2012, 02:01:05 pm »

NEW MONSTER GET! Or does Dwarf Fortress already have
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
by default?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:05:14 pm by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 10, 2012, 03:06:32 pm »

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Spoiler it is.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:57:25 pm by Vandala »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00:33 pm »

Just in case people haven't watched the show quite yet, I think we should keep stuff spoilered.

Oh, and one additional thing: I'll implement the theobroma trees for the next version. Tara Strong said in her Twitter trolling/Q&A that her favourite type of cupcake is red velvet, and chocolate and buttermilk are the only ingredients missing, since we already have red dye from hide root, beetroot and death thistle. Maybe a reaction to make velvet thread from thread would be a good idea.
 Beetroot dye was used for red velvet during the war, apparently, and maybe death thistle can be hugely valuable but be a bit fugu, with a chance of causing searing pain for several seconds. I'll only add chocolate and red velvet gateaux(so four new mats per flour plant), and just allow chocolate butter as a dough fat(fun fact, you can use bar chocolate in place of butter or margarine if you use enough for the fat content to equal the required butter. Makes gorgeous chocolate sponges).
 Buttermilk can be abstracted out by using milk, since the reaction needs booze that could be used to make buttermilk.

Oh, and a new book title, [NOUN] for Egg-Heads.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:11:18 pm by Nidokoenig »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 10, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Checkit!
Fillies and Colts! :D

they also display castes, unfortunately, I only had earth pony foals

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

It's looking better and better. To bad we can't play the game like this.

Hmm, it ought to be possible though.

If people found a way to make stone-sense surly it's possible to make dwarf fortress playable in 3d. Al you really change is how the game looks. It would have to be played on an side program though.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:43 pm »

If anyones interested in English names for the ponies, it's easy.  Just remove all T_WORDS from language_DWARF or make a new language_ENGLISH file with only:
language_ENGLISH

[OBJECT:LANGUAGE]

[TRANSLATION:ENGLISH]
...or EQUINE if you prefer and generate a world and the ponies have english names.  I've tested this on all versions since 31.15 and I've included an example using a slightly modded version of this mod below...
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5841
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

By the way, can we add salt blocks as a mine-able mineral food source, with the side effect of it having ingested syndromes, randomly causing one or more of the following: drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, unconsciousness?

This could further be applied for Apple cider.
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:49 pm »

Salt licks? I'm not sure about salt licks as food, they're more a nutritional supplement. Maybe a salt lick workshop that produces a puff of buffing smoke and requires a rock salt boulder or block to build.

Some cocktail spices like death thistle, tonic water and clownsbane are going to be pretty big on odd buffs/debuffs. I might try and implement some sort of venom class change syndrome to highly refined clownsbane(and cocktails including it), see if it can live up to its name and render the drinker immune to clown syndromes for a little while. Oh, and poison joke doing things like making hair really curly and dense, changing sizes, crazy stuff like that.

As for DF in 3D, the main problem as I understand it is that so few people can run so much as a web browser alongside a mature fort that nobody's all that enthusiastic about making visualisers properly playable, and then having to rdeo everything for the next release. You know, if you're into DF enough to be downloading add-ons, you're probably trying to save every frame per second you can already.

Courtesy, thanks, but TechnoJock already did some language packs a few pages back. I'm going to get the additional ones finished up for the next release, so we can have things like Swahili names for zebra, cave ponies getting Icelandic names and cool stuff like that.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 11, 2012, 12:42:50 am »

Hmm, I'm just not sure if it would really make a difference in performance, I just don't know enough about the inner workings of computers to tell. Oh well, would make for a fun next project.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 11, 2012, 11:56:46 am »

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 140