Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348546 times)

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1905 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:29 am »

Oh wow this is great! Is it me or are the appletrees two tiles big? Treetop for apples and the trunk for wood maybe?
Do you need to grow them first or or are they just there when you embark(as your picture indicates)?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:56 am »

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's the alternative idea that was mooted a while ago: make trees custom workshops. Then you just grow tree food and use that to make apples. I'd be interested to know how/if golden apple trees are implemented if that's the case, but I suppose some hefty apple-based research should do it.

Instead of making the petrification temporary, give it whatever tag is required to make it permanent. Then add a  1x1 field medical workshop that can be set up to process rare gems into cure mist that wafts around the workshop in a cloud and hopefully cures petrified creatures in the vicinity.

I was under the impression that the interactions weren't set up as curable, but if they can be, then cool. Another option is to allow golemising of stonies, so they can at least get up and about while the petrification wears off. Hmm, that'll need testing, see if the stone syndrome wearing off while the golem syndrome is active has any odd effects.

Speaking of cures, I'll having to look into giving some kind of syndrome immunity as bonus for drinks that include tonic water. Maybe by switching venom class for a while?

Yeah, could be that "lesser" cockatrices make one that wears off eventualy, and that "greater" ones ( ostrich/anaconda hybrids? :D) have a glare that stones ponies forever. As for where I am getting the idea for two differanting breeds of stonafing flightless birds, I will simply point to the idea from the dark reaches of this thread for things like Greater/Primal/ect Manticores and the like. Only fitting that there should be a differance in the run-of-the-mill one and the sort that sagas would be wrote about. A random, probably domesticatable wild one in savage biomes and a greater terror that can end a entire forts worth of defenders in a puff of sight are two different blends of emergancy.

Also, why have them turn into Alicorns? Would a !!Staggered Pony!! not do the trick, or somesuch? It seems to me if the pony is having his organs rearanged and sumsuch they should be rather.... disoriented.

If I did that, I'd probably make the greater whassnameatrice's permanent attack melee-only. We've seen how OP being able to shoot webbing is, permanent stoning at a distance as a standard attack is far, far too much. Really, if it lasts a month or two, it'll cripple the fort anyway. Oh, and unless some diomedians come along with silver whips, everyone being turned to stone would just leave the fort in stasis, not properly ended, and with an annoying little creature nibbling on stone statues.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 06, 2012, 05:25:25 am »

Quite correct! they are 2x3 tile workshops that produce apples when applebucking them (gains kicking skill!)
Apples are collected automatically to the apple quality control building, where bad ones are discarded and quality ones are stacked 10 to a basket. Currently the chance of keeping an apple is 80%.
This gives me a bit more control over the output, as i can set the percentage of kept apples, and how many induvidual apples make a single meal.

It is a bit more labor intensive than normal farming, but i think it really adds to the charm :P
Currently, since it uses the stance_strike skill, which everyone has active by default, you may want to activate the manager to set some workshop permissions.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:59 am »

Man that is so cool, plus it trains you for war. Fear the pony!
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 06, 2012, 10:59:32 am »

I was also thinking about letting Pegasi somehow create buildings out of a "cloud" material they can make, sadly it couldnt fly.
I'd leave anything like this out even if it worked. Flyer pathing is too bugged with Pegasai getting stuck on top of walls.
Even if you had to leave a walk path to your constructions, pegasi being able to create building material from nothing would be awesome.

I put together a group of buildings, reactions, materials, and plants to get water condensed to buckets, which can then create cloudstone, mix with ash to make raincloud stone, and mixed with a set of six different dyes to get a rainbow-set of cloudstones. It's essentially building materials from nothing (the basic cloudstone, at least), but still takes a lot of work and buckets (Condensing water to bucket isn't a 100% thing). I was planning on also creating gems and metals based on this concept, but haven't gotten around to figuring it out, flavor-wise...

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 06, 2012, 11:16:09 am »

Damn ponies seem to be picking up steam these days.

Sorry.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 06, 2012, 02:21:47 pm »

hehe well, Heart of the Swarm does have ONE solution for getting colored materials...
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 06, 2012, 03:57:06 pm »

Nooo keep your slashfic away from my pretty ponies XD

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 06, 2012, 04:26:37 pm »

Yeah, could be that "lesser" cockatrices make one that wears off eventualy, and that "greater" ones ( ostrich/anaconda hybrids? :D) have a glare that stones ponies forever. As for where I am getting the idea for two differanting breeds of stonafing flightless birds, I will simply point to the idea from the dark reaches of this thread for things like Greater/Primal/ect Manticores and the like. Only fitting that there should be a differance in the run-of-the-mill one and the sort that sagas would be wrote about. A random, probably domesticatable wild one in savage biomes and a greater terror that can end a entire forts worth of defenders in a puff of sight are two different blends of emergancy.

If I did that, I'd probably make the greater whassnameatrice's permanent attack melee-only. We've seen how OP being able to shoot webbing is, permanent stoning at a distance as a standard attack is far, far too much. Really, if it lasts a month or two, it'll cripple the fort anyway. Oh, and unless some diomedians come along with silver whips, everyone being turned to stone would just leave the fort in stasis, not properly ended, and with an annoying little creature nibbling on stone statues.

Hmm, true.  Still, stoning seems viable, and if the "curing mist" idea is sound than it should be able to remove it.
To pull another horror that is bound to be brought up in the show, the Basilisk, whether it be serpentine, lizerdlike, or whatever, could spew out eather poison and/or have the stony glare. Or was it that it killed with it's stare? Neverless, it's a viable idea.

On a lighter note, I now have the mental image of a aligator futility gnawing on some stoned pony's leg for a few days.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 07, 2012, 11:31:55 am »

Since there was a request for this:
Griffin and Zebra sprites for stonesense - slate, aka the one bundled with last versions LNP.

just drop into stonesense/creatures/ and overwrite the index.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/creatures.zip

If you're using Nido's version you have to open the griffon.xml and change the CREATURE_ID to pony_lion i think.. whatever it is the lion civ is called, i changed mine to be just griffins :P

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:33 am »

Regarding the applebucking "workshop"...

- Is it a literally built workshop (with a "built" tree in middle)? Does the type of workshop govern the type of fruit?

- Any special "zap apple" "tree" workshop mechanics? Perhaps a "zap apple" tree workshop, that only works during full moon phases (timberwolf howling) / werewolf invasions, but gives a lot of them while it's available?

- Is there a way to enforce the workshop to be only buildable on fertile ground,  or have it gain benefits / alternate products from it?

- Is it possible to make the "workshop" be 3x3 tiles with an empty space in the middle (like a windmill), which then can only be built if the middle tile has a tree occupying it?
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35:38 am »

It is a built workshop, uses a sapling object to construct, which can be bought from caravans or cultivated from an apple tree using one harvest of apples.

Can't really force it to be placed on fertile ground or require a tree unfortunately, that's just going to have to be another one of those self-restraint things :P
The workshop is currently apple only, tho i might add a cherrie workshop as well.

Currently the workshop process goes like this:

Bucking -> Apple -> Quality Control -> 80% -> Quality apple -> x10 -> Basket of Apples

One basket of apples can then be eaten or mushed in a grinder to make sauce, stored in jugs.
The sauce can then be turned into Jam, put in pies, or turned into cider.

Well, that is to say, Im still working on that last part but I got a tad distracted by some massive effects and things...

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:02 am »

One possibility is to have apple trees as actual trees, and make the workshop require a log from one, to simulate replanting. It could be possible to make zap apple workshops require conjured lightningstone, but a zap apple ent is the only real possibility for making trees that actually change on a trigger. I'm still trying to work out if there's a way to make a creature a werebeast by default, perhaps by giving its sap the syndrome, or if giving zap apples a trailing vapor flow is the answer. Or, I suppose, giving lightningstone a reaction product that spreads the syndrome, but that's a pretty odd method.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 08, 2012, 05:40:11 pm »

After seeing the new episode 1min teaser vid... ( Link. Contains spoilers obviously. ), I have this to say.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »

Let me guess, we can't do time travel in dwarf fortress yet right? When will we? Anypony up to the task?  ;D

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 140