Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348549 times)

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1890 on: March 05, 2012, 03:48:26 am »

Have you checked the errorlog file?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:18 am »

Skip right down to the bottom of the errorlog. Impoverished word selector just means it's having to reuse names in worldgen because the dictionary's too small, skip to the bottom and read off the last few things. If it's still impoverished word selector, it's more likely a problem with dorf fort itself, but since you can embark with other species, just try embarking again elsewhere.

For selecting the race to play as, you have several options. When you're picking your embark site, press tab until you see a list of civilisations. Now, you can either check these against civs you looked up in legends beforehand, or tab again to the Neighbours tab. Your species will be the top entry, try different civs until you find the right one. Another option is, prior to worldgen, open up all the entity files in the raws and remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from every civ except the ponies in entity_pony.txt.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:21 am »

Question, If I seperated all of the pony races into their own civs, would ponies from other races still live in their cities? I might do this in my mod varient, there would also be a civ with all the pony races.

the different civs would have different positions, biome preferences, and a few unique reactions and such but keep the same ethics have similer religions and stuff.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:24 am »

Yeah, you see that already in adventure mode. Griffons, Zebra and Buffalo are all quite common sights in pony towns; I suspect ponies will intermingle even more.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:01 am »

I was also thinking about letting Pegasi somehow create buildings out of a "cloud" material they can make, sadly it couldnt fly.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:21 am »

Yeah, the minotaur goat caste doesn't make an abundance of sense. Pity there isn't a tag for letting megabeasts or semimegabeasts become civ leaders, like [UNIQUE_DEMON] does for demons.

You know, the minotaur guy could have just bin an adventurer who picked up some goats as followers along the way.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 05, 2012, 09:51:02 am »

I was also thinking about letting Pegasi somehow create buildings out of a "cloud" material they can make, sadly it couldnt fly.

I'd leave anything like this out even if it worked. Flyer pathing is too bugged with Pegasai getting stuck on top of walls.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:23 am »

I'd leave anything like this out even if it worked. Flyer pathing is too bugged with Pegasai getting stuck on top of walls.
Even if you had to leave a walk path to your constructions, pegasi being able to create building material from nothing would be awesome.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 05, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »

Even if you had to leave a walk path to your constructions, pegasi being able to create building material from nothing would be awesome.
I've planned it for the FLutter valley release of my tweak. (first step:get utter flutter to work in adventure mode.)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 05, 2012, 04:53:33 pm »

Yeah, the minotaur goat caste doesn't make an abundance of sense. Pity there isn't a tag for letting megabeasts or semimegabeasts become civ leaders, like [UNIQUE_DEMON] does for demons.

About the cockatrice reaction, doesn't that essentially make cockatrices very useful as emergency medical tools? I mean, going were and then back again heals all wounds, so you could just have a hospital with a cockatrice cage inside, and cage traps in front of the door. Let the cockatrice out, the wounded turn to stone, then unlock the door to lure the cockatrice out to get recaptured. Once the spell wears off, they're right as rain. The stony creature should probably drop a statue like a bronze colossus, just in case anypony manages to kill one.
 Might be interesting to have an emergency healing potion, like the one Zecora brewed up in The Cutie Pox to fix Applebloom's tooth. Turn any pony who drinks it into an alicorn or something for a few seconds, then they turn back into themselves, fully healed. Or as a secret spell.

A stare secret? Presumably that would add an interaction that removes predator and prone to rage and adds benign and fleequick. Since it seems to be Fluttershy's natural ability and isn't super-duper useful unless your embark text includes the word "ere the giant tiger badgers get hungry", maybe it could just be added to some ponies by default? Maybe give it primarily to earth ponies with a small chance for pegasi and unicorns to have it.

Instead of making the petrification temporary, give it whatever tag is required to make it permanent. Then add a  1x1 field medical workshop that can be set up to process rare gems into cure mist that wafts around the workshop in a cloud and hopefully cures petrified creatures in the vicinity.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 05, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »

About the cockatrice reaction, doesn't that essentially make cockatrices very useful as emergency medical tools? I mean, going were and then back again heals all wounds, so you could just have a hospital with a cockatrice cage inside, and cage traps in front of the door. Let the cockatrice out, the wounded turn to stone, then unlock the door to lure the cockatrice out to get recaptured. Once the spell wears off, they're right as rain. The stony creature should probably drop a statue like a bronze colossus, just in case anypony manages to kill one.
 Might be interesting to have an emergency healing potion, like the one Zecora brewed up in The Cutie Pox to fix Applebloom's tooth. Turn any pony who drinks it into an alicorn or something for a few seconds, then they turn back into themselves, fully healed. Or as a secret spell.

Yeah, could be that "lesser" cockatrices make one that wears off eventualy, and that "greater" ones ( ostrich/anaconda hybrids? :D) have a glare that stones ponies forever. As for where I am getting the idea for two differanting breeds of stonafing flightless birds, I will simply point to the idea from the dark reaches of this thread for things like Greater/Primal/ect Manticores and the like. Only fitting that there should be a differance in the run-of-the-mill one and the sort that sagas would be wrote about. A random, probably domesticatable wild one in savage biomes and a greater terror that can end a entire forts worth of defenders in a puff of sight are two different blends of emergancy.

Also, why have them turn into Alicorns? Would a !!Staggered Pony!! not do the trick, or somesuch? It seems to me if the pony is having his organs rearanged and sumsuch they should be rather.... disoriented.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »

I'd definately swipe those if you release them pokon :P

In other news, i have gone ahead with my plan of adding research to MLF:Fanon is Magic :O

I currently have the basic research accumulation working. There will be two primary methods: standard research requires no reagents other than brainpower, and generates one research point.
This is then combined into 5, 25, 125 and 250 bundles since items don't generally stack.
This initial research is then used to unlock certain buildings (see code/readme snippet below)

I haven't quite gotten around to writing down what you can use the spell tomes for, but they'll be used to imbue ponies with magic, or teach them spells.
Since the Alchemy skill is a toggleable skill that is mostly unused im going to use it as the "trigger skill"; you simply turn on alchemy on the pony you want spelled up, and then activate the proper spell in the workshop, he goes over and is gassed with a syndrome rock, standard stuff :P
Ofcourse, this can be exploitable through the stack everyone on top of the building cheat, but i think we're better than that, right? :P

Books will be available from merchants as toys, possibly have zebra bring special books that need lots of study?

Code: [Select]
Research is Magic
-----------------

-- Library --
Skill: reader

>Study
1 sp

>Study Book
1book -> 100 sp

-- Architect's Shop --
skill: building designer

>Research Sawmill blueprint
200sp -> Sawmill Blueprint

>Research Magic University blueprint
1000sp -> Magic University

>Research Cloud Workshop blueprint
2500sp -> Cloud Workshop Blueprint

-- Sawmill --
Skill: Carpentry

Make Boards
1 log -> 4 planks

-- Magic University --
Skill: reader

>Advanced Study
1 asp

>Study Advanced Book
1 advanced book -> 100 asp

>Research Earth Pony Magic
500 asp -> Earth Pony Magic Tome

>Research Unicorn Magic
500 asp -> Unicorn Magic Tome

>Research Pegasus Magic
500 asp -> Pegasus Magic Tome

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »

gentleponies, I bring you...

Applebucking

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »

Oh my pony gods! Please tell me you are not fucking with us.

Does it produce edible apples?

How did you menage this?
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 05, 2012, 11:23:17 pm »

Oh. My. Alicorn.

Give us the interaction, please? Oh, and is Bannanabucking and such supported too, or is it just apples for now?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 140