Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348781 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1755 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »

Oh, the joys of spongeponies.  :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:41 pm »

Heh, spongeponies should be hilarious.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:12 pm »

Would it be horrible if I am currantly planning a Uzumaki-style syndrome to make ponies into dumb, tasty Snail ponies?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:01 am »

So long as they have an infatuation for pudding and run around with scissor ponies.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 22, 2012, 07:34:27 am »

Since people seem to want to play with ponies in the new version, I figured Id release my fork of the main mod, entitled
My Little Fortress : Fanon is magic

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/My%20Little%20Fortress%20-%20Fanon%20is%20Magic.zip
(prepackaged with phoebos, working on a raw-only version)

It's in general a much simpler mod than Nido's, and as of right now it has no big bad enemy, tho griffons tend to go to war with ponies quite often.

Features/Changes from Nido's version:

Cutie Marks!
Simplified Armor (metal cost should be approximately the same as the old system)
Thousand year old alicorns.
New plants and veggies for eating and brewing
Sunflowers that can be ground into oil to make soap
Pony radishes can be used for dying.
No meat or leather from pony civ, but the labours are still available "for emergencies"
Sawmill that can turn wood into boards for more efficient above ground construction.
Diversified castes a bit more, earth ponies are generally stronger and tougher, pegasi are more agile and tireless, unicorns are brainy and smart.
reduced ages of ponies to get younger migrants (20-40year olds instead of 60-80year olds)

No Cave, Diomedan or rainbow ponies
Unplayable single caste Zebra and Buffalo
Lions changed to Griffons, only one caste
no tree ents
no bakery
no wood conjuring/painting

I probably forgot a ton of other stuff as well...
Hope you enjoy it! If you play it, please let me know if you find any problems or bugs!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 22, 2012, 10:06:57 am »

Okay.. the fork does seem to have one sliiight issue.. I removed alot of the default plants, and now it seems it has trouble placing farming civs on anything larger than a small map.
Uh.. I'll try to sort that asap :P

Edit:

Aha! it was the lack of underground plants! Should be fixed now!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:15:04 am by Sorcerer »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 22, 2012, 01:16:49 pm »

I just noticed, you've forgotten to tongue the ponies. Er, I mean you've forgotten to add tongues to the ponies. Goes for griffons and such as well. Also, check your mouth alignments, zebras have two right mouths, that causes problems with grasper-wear.

I'm going over the new changes like gizzards, the toe changes and tongues, and I'm wondering what people think about giving tanks gizzards? Given the size, I'm thinking of giving them a large stone gem and a couple of small stone gems. Oh, and I might have mentioned this already, but with the [CAN_SPEAK] additions to many creatures, elephants, rhinos and dralthas become viable because they can eat fodder, but since they're sapient their butcherings are unusable except by diomedians. Dralthas I've just added shearable fur and milk, cheese and butter to because they're made up, but what about the others? I was considering making them trainable, since they're not good milkers.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:32 pm »

Unfortunately, the neither [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_LEARN] nor [CAN_SPEAK] tags do nothing to dissuade butchering of innocent cows and donkeys, and it feels kinda weird to have pets that can run for mayor...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:14 pm »

Unfortunately, the neither [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_LEARN] nor [CAN_SPEAK] tags do nothing to dissuade butchering of innocent cows and donkeys, and it feels kinda weird to have pets that can run for mayor...

"Vote For Neighxon!"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »

Going true vegetarian seems to rely on the honors system unfortunately.  I've managed a fort that way before and it wasn't difficult.  Just had to make sure I turned off hunting and fishing, and I just bought leather.

Doesn't stop civilizations from bringing lots of meat to trade though.  I'll be happy when Toady adds an [HERBIVORE] tag or something.  Although that still brings up issues of getting leather, bone and such for moods.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:54 pm »

Just leave the vegetarianism in the hands of the players or remove the butcher/hunting/fishing job.... 

Elves do not have those jobs, they do fine... but yea, you can import meat from OTHER civs...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »

Just leave the vegetarianism in the hands of the players or remove the butcher/hunting/fishing job.... 

Elves do not have those jobs, they do fine... but yea, you can import meat from OTHER civs...

The whole immortality thing helps too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 22, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »

You mean they can't starve?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 23, 2012, 05:59:02 am »

Vegetarian or not, I still need a way to handle animalsplosions. Tough I suppose a cage at the entrance linked to a lever in dining room to activate upon defeat by a siege would still work, even without butchering and hunting. Oh, and ponies are lacto-vegetarian at least. In the show they weren't eating meat so far, but they eat eggs, butter, milk, bread and cake. They also use candles, which means beeswax or fat. But then they could harden plant oil to be used for soap and candles. I haven't noticed ponies using leather.

Any links to a description of what "conjured painted wood" is, and how to use it?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 23, 2012, 07:11:02 am »

I removed the [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] tag from the civ which means no leather or meat is available on embark or trade.
Ofcourse, if the need arises, you can always just murder one of your lesser citizens (a cow perhaps?) and eat them! :D

I guess to stop the animal overpopulation we could do something like tweak the birth percentages of common household animals.
making litter sizes smaller and tweak the gender ratio in favor of males could be a start
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 140