Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348794 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1725 on: February 09, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

Here are some more color examples, and i added a non-colored eye
I am unfortunately having some difficulty with the wings and horns, according to the stonesense documentation i should set the sex of the variant to the caste number in my file, but i think my 88 castes of poni are throwing it off its game...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 10, 2012, 04:13:42 am »

Nah, that documentation is wrong. It was taking advantage of a bug in stonesense, which has now been fixed without putting in a replacement functionality.

You'll have to wait for that to be fixed.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 10, 2012, 06:21:36 am »

I'd prefer a tileset, but it looks so pretty. And their names are so fitting to those in the show.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:42 am »

I was afraid of that :/

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:27 am »

Dwarf Fortress update is live! Modgasm time!

(*) protect your community from secret vampire dwarves or hunt them as an adventurer

This could be done as evil story-of-the-blanks "Blank Flank ponies" in disguise, hiding among the normal ponies?  :P

(*) ingested syndromes are now possible

Lots of possibilites here...

- Pinkie Pie's "special" cupcakes
- Love poison (gives super strength transformation? 
- Hearts desire potion (Causes the pony to eventually tire itself to death somehow)
- "Spicy" rainbows (Deals minor damage to lungs/heart)
- Zap apples (minor paralysis if eaten unprocessed)
- Poison joke leaves
- Edible gems that give special effects to baby dragon pets? (like making them grow)

(*) necromancers can write books about various topics (all books are in their towers as it stands)

- Twilight Sparkle confirmed as a necromancer. Necromancy seem to fit the zebra / diomedan civ very well.

(*) defend your fort during the full moon or risk a werewolf infestion -- hunt/be hunted as an adventurer

- Children of Luna invasions
- "Story of the blanks" blank flank invasions
- Necromorph-ponies
- "discorded" effects (coat / hair turns gray, skills plummet, personality switches randomly)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:45:05 am by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:22 am »

I am going to have to make a cut down version of this mod, sure I appreciate all the extra creative work done here... but I rather give my little ponies the option to smash goblins, elves and their bipedal counterparts.

EDIT: Also, epic thing you are doing there Sorcerer...  I am compelled to get this fancy stonesense doohickey now...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:45:30 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 14, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »

So, obvious question: how much work does it take to get the pony mod running on the new version?  I may plink around at it when I get home if it doesn't work already.

And oh, so much potential fun for unicorns, alicorns and other magical critters.  This is going to be epic.  Fireballs are an obvious choice for offensive magic, but we can do so much more.  Haste spells should be pretty useful.  One of my pegasi happens to be extremely agile, and she demolishes everything she fights because she gets in so many more hits than her enemies.

I will resume work on my draconequuses now.  Looks like it should be possible to convert ponies to the "dark side" now, yes?  Sort of how the were creature / vampire stuff works?  I'm going to have to take a long look at the raws to try and figure that one out.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:18 pm »

I am going to have to make a cut down version of this mod, sure I appreciate all the extra creative work done here... but I rather give my little ponies the option to smash goblins, elves and their bipedal counterparts.
I'm interested if you get it working.

This thing is frankly way too huge and complex for me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 14, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »

- Twilight Sparkle confirmed as a necromancer. Necromancy seem to fit the zebra / diomedan civ very well.

Yeah, now when a lone Zebra moves in in the middle of the woods in a small shack, prepare the army!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »

Once we get a more stable version of .34 Im going to finish the finer details of my personalized mod.
As my current version does not actually have a goblin equivalent, i was thinking about maybe taking some inspiration from the fandom.

Bring on the New Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire conflict. Basically just make another civ, identical in every way but change them just enough so that they are nigh guaranteed to go to war with the other pony civ.

Ah those pre-harmony days were truly tragic!

In other news, with the changes to entity positions, it is now possible to make princesses an alicorn-only position :D

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:30 pm »

Three words. Impelled Metamorphosis Potion.

...have to take care of some unrelated stuff first, though...

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:40 am »

The caste multiplication is to counter a bug with the caste system, with only four castes in two genders there will only ever be eight different cutie marks.
For example ALL earth pony males will have the same hair and coat color, and the same cutie mark.
Well, that's not completely true, as genetic drift is implemented, and will sometimes make offspring with a different set of haircolor.

Once the new version is out and all migrants will be historical figures instead generated on the spot, this problem may be averted, but as of now, caste multiplication seems to be the only way

Or you know, you could just make that a feature. Not like everything in these mods are 100% canon anyway. That way cutiemarks could signature family lines and maybe function as family crests (coat of arms), that way it would not be entirely weird to have such a thing show up in somepony's likes list.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:28:14 am by Vandala »
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:57 am »

Well, IF you could tie a cutie mark to the mother, that could work. In the show there is a limited number of cutie marks, and apple family have apples, orange family have oranges, Sparkle family have stars. A bigger problem is that two cutie mark per caste in not enough either way.

Just out of curiosity, is it feasible in 0.34 to have parasprites go directly to the nearest food stockpile, eat all the food, and have a chance (less than 1.0) to spawn new parasprites after eating?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:52 pm »

I'm interested if you get it working.

This thing is frankly way too huge and complex for me.
It is kind of intimidating when you consider the bloat that is the colors of the ponies tagged on the end.  And each caste with their own fancy stuff, kinda.  There is also relearning everything I've messed with last year, figuring out what, if anything has changed and pilfering other mods for fancy new concepts and stuff.  And finally testing it to make sure everything I have reasonably survives world gen so I(players) get the full array of options/enemies.

I've even made a spreadsheet of all the skills for this: SKILL_LEARN_RATE  For each different type of pony.

Ponies are MUCH MUCH smaller now, 1/5 the size of in-game horses instead of 3/5, but still bigger then dwarves, especially full grown. 
Alicorn ponies are going to live forever, since no normal player is going to gen a +5k year map....  or are they?
[PREFSTRING:enticing hindquartersplot]

To cut down on caste clutter, all my ponies are female, except for the male, who are just going to end up being Big Mac earth ponies.  At the least, that throws in all of the types of normal ponies... but, if there is any demand at all, I can throw up an equal gender opportunity option once I get the higher priority stuff smacked.

Oh yea, I'm going to be pilfering most if not all of Nidokoenig's stuff.  If he is fine with me releasing my mod of his mod, cool, otherwise, self use for the win.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 16, 2012, 12:42:11 pm »

On the topic of pony size, my brother did some calculations based on the size of apples and concluded that the ponies must be a bit under 3 feet tall.  If I recall correctly (and I probably don't)...

Foals were about 1'6"-1'10" tall
Most mares were about 2'8" tall
Some stallions (Big Macintosh) were about 3'4" tall
Celestia was about 4'6" tall

Or something like that.  He also concluded that meant that most mares weighed in under 60 pounds.  That's adorable size compared to what I expected and is certainly smaller than what we've got in the mod.  That makes them smaller than dwarves (maybe not by a huge amount when you consider overall volume), and thus at a pretty serious disadvantage in combat.  Goblins are a real threat again!

That also brings into question Winona's size...

There were some alternative calculations involving a candy cane in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode that placed the ponies at somewhere between 4'-5' tall I think, but I don't recall precisely how that number was arrived at.  That's probably closer to what was intended for their size.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 140