Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348841 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1620 on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:41 am »

Are the caste colors working. They should.
Does appearance colouration show. Oh, and judging by "She likes purring maggots for there etc." vermin status shouldn't interfere with prefstrings. PREEDIT: I can't remember the purring maggot's prefstring. That's a bad sign and calls for science.

As for the rest, let's experiment.
Remove the DESCRIPTION and CASTE_NAME from the top of the entry. They are either cancelling the later iterations or are redundant.

Later iterations always override previous ones, so it's not much of a problem.

EDIT: How would I go about making creatures leave behind dyes when they die? Could I use already existing materials, or would I have to define a new one with the PAINT_MAT reaction class?

I'll have a go with this, but like Putnam I don't think it's the problem. I've been known to derp, but multicastes are my speciality and this problem has occurred with any of the others. I suppose another options is to not keep rainbow jays as vermin. Actually, I'll do that as a test, see if the castes work as intended if they're not vermin.

As for making creatures leave dye behind, to actually use the dye it has to be in a bag, so if you just had the creature drop death thistle dye on death(using the code from bronze colossi) it'd just be a pile of powder. What I'd do is either make it drop a new, biomeless plant on death that you'd have to mill into a dye, or add a new reaction to convert whichever tissue you want converted into a bagged dye, perhaps based on the ent code.

Well, to be fair, the pegusi have had a military streak in them down to there city.Seeing that she is as "Fast as a bullet" in her own words, it figures that she names her pet after a weapon of way.

I wonder if I should continue the joke and make superfast little birds called bullets.

Great work on the sprites, Technojock.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1621 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:05 am »

Really nice work Technojack ^_^

Also my next 2 episodes of this mod are now up

Episode 15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdli5Jmk9Do
Episode 16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQK0EkouM6c
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 16, 2012, 12:35:52 pm »

I wonder if I should continue the joke and make superfast little birds called bullets.

This, and call those rainbow-colored fish you mentioned a few pages earlier subs.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 16, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »

Well, I know you said in the read you didn't think the [FLIER] tag worked, but my pegasi are scaling vertical walls, so I'd say its working. Though apparently, if they are on top of a collapsing section they still manage to fall.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:52:47 pm by Tecknojock »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 16, 2012, 02:19:10 pm »

It's not that the [FLIER] tag isn't working, it's that it's buggy. Pegasi will fly if it's the shortest route, as long as there would be a walkable path, but they won't fly without such a route, which is why when they dodge onto walls they need ramps to get back down. There are also problems with traders abandoning their animals and thus not trading, which will be a big problem in Divided Realms.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »

Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:32 pm »

Just released the troll-pony modmod.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 18, 2012, 12:51:48 am »

EQD jsut more or less posed easy/hard version of our mod as a scenario (depending on what you count 90 on embark as)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 18, 2012, 04:11:45 pm »

So, I just finished Chapter 22 of Fallout: Equestria - Horizons.

And... I'm just wondering if it will be implementable in the Next Version.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 18, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »

So, I just finished Chapter 22 of Fallout: Equestria - Horizons.

And... I'm just wondering if it will be implementable in the Next Version.

Aww, dude, now thats just sick, man. :o

That thing was one of the few peices of writing that has made me skip lunch. However, that would be a awsome way to "end" a fort, but only if there was a way to keep them from killing eachother.

Hint Hint: Follies ammo is a lot more importent than it seemed beforehand. A whole lot more.

Also, just wait until you get to the currant one. I am already planning on puting in three new substances, each of them horrible.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:31:11 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:11 am »

Well, just released v.03 of my sprite pack: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.msg2908017#msg2908017

Changelog:
 V.03
   Added parasprite, Ursa, Apple Ent, Banana Ent, and Tank Sprites
   Added a standard sprite for Griffons, Buffalo, Diamond Dogs, and Zebra

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:17:53 pm by Tecknojock »

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 20, 2012, 06:46:59 am »

Nice sprites. You should add Princess Platinum for Monarchs, Chancellor Puddinghead Barons/Dukes, Private Pansy for Captain of the Guard as well :p
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »

If they are distinguishable from their noncostumed counterparts, I'll make pansy as the recruit, puddinghead as the lowest noble, and platinum as the one above that. Celestia and Luna deserve to be the top 2 nobles I think. I also might add twilights and applejacks counterparts as well.  Next update will include elemental ponies as well.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 20, 2012, 02:03:43 pm »

If they are distinguishable from their noncostumed counterparts, I'll make pansy as the recruit, puddinghead as the lowest noble, and platinum as the one above that. Celestia and Luna deserve to be the top 2 nobles I think. I also might add twilights and applejacks counterparts as well.  Next update will include elemental ponies as well.

Which ponies get the Diamond Tiara / Silver Spoon / Filthy Rich sprites? I can imagine them as bratty nobles that suffer plenty of unfortunate accidents. The diplomat as well.  :P

Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:58 pm »

Filthy rich is a merchant prince I beleive. Not using diamond tiara or silverspoon however, because they are fillies and it would be pretty apperent. 

All the possible pony professions have sprites, but I'm still open to suggestions, especially since not all sprites match up well with the professions.  Feel free to change stuff around yourself if I reject your suggestion. The PSD is included so it's as simple as shrinking a vector to 18x18 with the nearest neighbor algorithm and replacing the sprite.

EDIT: working on a pony language file today cause I'd like my ponies to have pony names instead of dwarven ones.

Looking through the pony entity files I found this kind of amusing:

[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:UNTHINKABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:PUNISH_EXILE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:UNTHINKABLE]

Apparently while ponies find torturing as an example unthinkable and torturing for info exilable, they permit torturing for fun  :o

I'd suggest:

[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:UNTHINKABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:PUNISH_EXILE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:UNTHINKABLE]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:47:47 pm by Tecknojock »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 140