Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348883 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1560 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54:16 am »

Sorry was away for a while had to do things and was away for new years ^_^ ne ways happy new year all :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:01 am »

I am torn: would the semiroyal vampire pony be more like the Shadowbolts or one of Lunas bat-winged guards?

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 07, 2012, 05:19:56 am »

I am torn: would the semiroyal vampire pony be more like the Shadowbolts or one of Lunas bat-winged guards?
Can't it be both? Give em large bat wings and fangs!

Happy late new year everyone.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 07, 2012, 10:48:45 am »

Nido is going to have a mod-gasm after the newest episode.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:52:08 am by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:58 am »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:39:47 am by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 07, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »

OMG, modgasm!

I've been thinking about some stuff like that for the divided realms stuff, my idea was, first, to change diomedians a bit by giving keshis the speed boost, because the legendary Keshi was really fast, and giving basic vampire ponies stronger blood sucking and higher healing to make up for it, then the shadowbolt royalty have higher speed, which will mean they have [SPEED:777] and demonic keshis have [SPEED:666].

I've also been puzzling about whether I could give diomedians a reaction to make metal or wood out of bodyparts, but I'm not sure whether not having access to a valid reaction would block other civs from using it. That and making a tower out of "rhesus macaque wood" is more funny than spooky.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 07, 2012, 02:07:27 pm »

Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 07, 2012, 02:08:12 pm »

I was thinking about the Buffalo, and what could be there semiroyals. Bear with me here.

Plains: Stone bones/teeth/horns/ect? No idea how to approch this one, considering the only earth-spirit I can remember from native american myths was a hairy savage dwarf-like beast.

Wood: "Springy" form? Wooden "skin"? Honastly, there must be more to the myths than what I know, but I am torn about what to do here. On one hand, we can use Little Strongheart as a modal for a lighter, more flexable form of buffalo, with a the ability to not take as much damage from blunt attacks. On the other hand, the whole "wooden skin" thing fits the MO of a powerful shamen-like buffalo.

Eagle: This is where the fun starts. Two ideas for this one. One is that they carry a contact syndrome on there hooves that causes blisters, extreme pain, long term crippling of movement and the like to simulate a "Thunderbirds" attack. If it can shoot it in glob form, that would be preferable. On the other hand, the wings could be replaced with a semi-solid substance called Wind, as so that they could never be damaged by the occasinal lucky sword-swipe. Naturaly, they would be faster than normal.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 07, 2012, 03:11:38 pm »

I was thinking about the Buffalo, and what could be there semiroyals. Bear with me here.

Plains: Stone bones/teeth/horns/ect? No idea how to approch this one, considering the only earth-spirit I can remember from native american myths was a hairy savage dwarf-like beast.

Wood: "Springy" form? Wooden "skin"? Honastly, there must be more to the myths than what I know, but I am torn about what to do here. On one hand, we can use Little Strongheart as a modal for a lighter, more flexable form of buffalo, with a the ability to not take as much damage from blunt attacks. On the other hand, the whole "wooden skin" thing fits the MO of a powerful shamen-like buffalo.

Eagle: This is where the fun starts. Two ideas for this one. One is that they carry a contact syndrome on there hooves that causes blisters, extreme pain, long term crippling of movement and the like to simulate a "Thunderbirds" attack. If it can shoot it in glob form, that would be preferable. On the other hand, the wings could be replaced with a semi-solid substance called Wind, as so that they could never be damaged by the occasinal lucky sword-swipe. Naturaly, they would be faster than normal.

Plains and wood bison are based on the two main varieties of real buffalo, but actually giving them elemental forms is an interesting option. I'll have to check the geology the buffalo roaming grounds, see what a sensible stone or earth for them would be. One option is to give them an adobe overlayer instead of hair or marbled into their skin like the magma men's mixed stone/magma body. I might just have to use the clay definitions for that, unless someone knows where to get the info for a material definition of adobe. Names are going to to be the problem, maybe they can just be earth buffalo and wooden buffalo.

For eagles, the Thunderbird thing is a no-go, because the sacred flying buffalo castes are based on the Thunderbirds and I don't want one castes to appear favoured or better. The sacred flying part comes from the Lakota word for Thunderbird, Wakį́yą, which is derived from the words for sacred and winged. My current plan is to actually split eagle buffalo into golden eagles(small but fast), bald eagles(larger), and white eagles with the best of both, since the buffalo really don't need to be made much more powerful, especially the flying ones. The intangible wings idea is cool. Velocity mods on their attacks is another option.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:14:32 pm by Nidokoenig »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 07, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

For buffalo names: Adobe and Glade buffalo sound fine to me. Fear the Buffalo-Ents! They use Timber Wolves as mounts!

Also, a secondary idea that sounds amusing in my head: Minicors. Or Demigryphons. Effectivly, tiny versions of there larger cousiens but with normal domestic animals instead. Like a cat/scorpion hybrids with a actual mild syndrome, or a crow/rat vermin that make there own snuggly homes in your forts as pests.

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 07, 2012, 07:29:07 pm »

i can just see it; Pinkie Pie has entered a fell mood! Pinkie Pie has slain Rainbow Dash!~~~~ Pinkie Pie has made derpinsmerp, the Ponyflesh Cupcakes!
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 08, 2012, 01:06:39 am »

Also, a secondary idea that sounds amusing in my head: Minicors. Or Demigryphons. Effectivly, tiny versions of there larger cousiens but with normal domestic animals instead. Like a cat/scorpion hybrids with a actual mild syndrome, or a crow/rat vermin that make there own snuggly homes in your forts as pests.

Griffadgers and honey griffadgers? I suppose I could make some of the... animal animals non-sentient. Oh, and Glade Buffalo sounds like a musky air freshener. I think I'll go with shaman buffalo.

I've been sketching out some plans for hybrid sentients, like bisogriffs, pegazorses, and sphonies(ponies with sphinx-style soul gems). Unfortunately for all of us, the Native Americans have too many cool spider-related legends for me to pass up, so there'll be at least five types of slippy buffalo. I'll keep those as megabeasts with phenomenally valuable web, or make them smaller than regular buffalo.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28:26 am »

Zorses (Zonies?) sounds like a study in color combanations to me. :P

Also, if your going with mythical spiders, the Aztecs have these freaky Spider-Star demon things that could fit well as a megabeast, ponyfied or not. Aranea Majors: the most horrific thing to end up in the world of ponykind, besides everything that pops up in the Everfree. Also, webs that are full of stars. Cant pass that up.

Also, Buffacors. And Dogalos/Buffadogs.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:47:21 am by Pokon »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 08, 2012, 02:07:09 am »

Oh, yes, all those stripe combinations will get put to good use. The North American legends like the Spider Grandmother more or less cover the celestial spider thing, and there'll be a couple of variations on it. Most sentient mixes are planned, though I'll probably trim some as redundant.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 140