Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348900 times)

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1500 on: December 25, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

Hey Knarfle, could you perhaps do random pictures of some of the wierder looking pony civs, like diomedians, rainbow, slippy, cave, honey-badger or tentacle ponies?
Would be nice to have a visual reference of what they roughly look like.
Sure, if you don't mind helping me by describing them.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 25, 2011, 10:02:43 pm »

Diomedians:
 Keshi ponies are pretty much just Earth ponies with diomedian colour schemes.
 Shadowbolts are pegasi with bat-like wings.
 Tentacle ponies are unicorns with a tentacle instead of a horn, which they can use to grip with or as a whip. The tentacle is around five times the size of a unicorn's horn, since they have to physically grasp whatever it is.
 Dark Royalty have two tentacles on their forehead and bat-like wings and are roughly the same size as normal pony royalty, i.e. Celestia-sized.
 They tend to have more garish colours in their hair, like green and purple or teal and orange stripes.

Cave ponies(with ability descriptions if you want inspiration for action shots):
 Slippy ponies have eight legs, shoot web and are about 60% of the size of a normal pony. They're gifted at weaving, clothesmaking, leatherworking, farming, and mechanics(i.e. traps).
 Draltha ponies have a thick lion-like mane around their neck and are about 180% of the size of a normal pony. They're gifted at mining, carpentry, masonry, pottery, and armoursmithing.
 Gorlak ponies have two tusks which they can use for telekinesis, and are about 80% of the size of a normal pony. They're gifted at brewing, delicate crafting, and diagnosis.
 Underlords are all those mixed together and are four times the size of a normal pony, or 133% the size of normal royalty.
 Cave pony hair tends to be reminiscent of rock formations, such as dark red with blue or red spots to represent rubies or sapphires in bauxite, or grey with a dark blue stripe and one of either a light blue, red, green or yellow stripe to represent diamond-bearing kimberlite in gabbro.

Rainbow ponies are just a combo of normal, diomedian and cave ponies, i.e. all the castes are taken from the existing ponies and dumped in.

Honey badger ponies have a honey badger's face, tail and colouration and a pony's body, legs and hooves. Honey badger pegasi have wings, and honey badger berserkers have three horns(two on their head, one on their nose) and tusks. Normal and pegasus are about normal pony size, berserkers are about 40% larger.

If I finally pull my finger out and write those newbie guides, would you mind me using your pics as illustrations? Looking at this big, weird wall of text, I really should prioritise that because some of this stuff is just weird(and the simplified/traditional split). I suppose this is what you get when you mix My Little Pony, Dwarf Fortress, and my specific flavour of crazy.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1502 on: December 25, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »

I think u should make a stand alone manual/wiki for this game so that ppl can DL that if they are needing descriptions on Ponies. And if knarfle does allow u to use their pictures adding them in would be fun ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 25, 2011, 10:36:35 pm »

Pony Fortress Christmas wishlist:

Winter-Tree hat (materials sheared from rare winter-tree ents, that naturally inhabit freezing biomes?)
Propeller-beanie
This whole outfit
Windigos/Windygos

Christmas trees aren't anything special, just fir, pine or spruce and considering the resource issues of df, I'd assume they'd use whatever tres were local for Hearthwarming decorations. I could make a reaction to produce wooden Hearthwarming hats. Might have to add some tags to keep them from making conjured honey truffle Hearthwarming hats. But Hearthwarming season is going to be well over by the time I finish the update and honestly, I think the hat looks a bit naff.
Propeller hat's easy. I have no idea how to make a particular piece of clothing more valuable, though, so making the construction require a mechanism is out.
Rarity's outfit there is almost all achievable already, it's just a silver or platinum crown and peytral decorated with purple gems, and a purple-dyed caparison lined with ermine. I could add stoats to give a source for the ermine, but there's no way to improve clothing by lining or trimming it with another material, so it'd just have to be used as leather. Or I could make a fur material, and make the necessary changes to the tissues and body plans to make that work.

I think u should make a stand alone manual/wiki for this game so that ppl can DL that if they are needing descriptions on Ponies. And if knarfle does allow u to use their pictures adding them in would be fun ^_^

Yeah, a manual was pretty much my intention.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 26, 2011, 12:33:41 am »

Yeah, this would be nice. Even more so if someone goes out of there way and makes pics for the Dog/Buffalo/"Lion" civs, too.
And at the end? A big picture  lineup of everything from the mod, smallest to largest, with a quadrupedal Ursa at the very end, towering over even the Buffalo royal. ;D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 26, 2011, 06:59:49 am »

diomedian colour schemes

I don't know what colors those are. I tried searching, but nothing useful comes up.

What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 26, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

Only the hair colours are distinct, so the things I mentioned like green and purple stripes or teal and orange stripes are more or less the only difference. You can also just spawn a bunch in arena mode and check the descriptions. They use the garish, horrid, rainbowtrash and twilight hair patterns. Here are the lists of colours, they take one colour from each line:

Horrid:

Mixed: BLACK CHARCOAL MINT_GREEN CHARTREUSE SEA_GREEN JADE DARK_OLIVE
Pink: AMETHYST HELIOTROPE LILAC FUCHSIA DARK_PINK PUCE

Garish:

Blue: JADE AQUAMARINE TURQUOISE TEAL LIGHT_BLUE CERULEAN SKY_BLUE MIDNIGHT_BLUE AZURE BLUE PERIWINKLE
Yellow: SAFFRON AMBER PUMPKIN

RB Trash:

Purple: AMETHYST INDIGO PLUM
Red: CARMINE DARK_SCARLET MAROON RED
Green: CHARTREUSE GREEN EMERALD SPRING_GREEN
Yellow: GOLDEN_YELLOW LEMON YELLOW

Twilight:

Blue: MIDNIGHT_BLUE COBALT DARK_BLUE BLUE
Purple: DARK_VIOLET AMETHYST DARK_INDIGO INDIGO
Pink: CHESTNUT FUCHSIA DARK_PINK PALE_CHESTNUT

Cave ponies use desertrose, twilight, zebra, rocksalt, diorite, andesite, bauxite, shale, conglomerate, chert and gabbro. I can post the detailed plans if you want, but arena mode is probably all you need. Coat and eye colours are the same for all ponies, so you can get male underlord ponies with pink coats, amethyst eyes and carmine and puce striped hair. I think part of the reason those mean buffalo keep picking on the cave ponies in world gen is because they're so fabulous.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 27, 2011, 05:47:52 am »

Ah, question. Which chartreuse? There's a traditional one which is yellowish, and there's a newer one which is green.

Rhesus Pieces!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 27, 2011, 06:19:46 am »

The newer one. There's a handy chart on the wiki that shows what the colour token actually represent, with RGB tokens to double check or just copy the values into your art program.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 27, 2011, 11:59:34 am »

I think part of the reason those mean buffalo keep picking on the cave ponies in world gen is because they're so fabulous.

Explains why the Zebra slowly take over the world. ;D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1510 on: December 27, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »

My next 2 episodes for the LP of this mod are up

Episode 12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqky9-nNXig
Episode 13: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4UE3dSEg4U

Remember if ppl would like a pony they should comment on here now before the end of this week. Or on one of the DF vids. Afterwards we shall be onto a new mod pretty soon as I am only doing the review LPs for 2 years at a time.
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 27, 2011, 10:45:41 pm »

Is it possible for a workshop to change the color of stone or wood?

Or to take wood or stone and change it into a different kind of wood/stone? (one you've made yourself that has a color that you'd like?)

I'm thinking of a transmutation workshop that creates transmuted wood/stone of colors you like, it would allow for much more colorful towns and castles no matter what your location conditions are.

EDIT: Or maybe even the possibility of glowing stone/wood, that could look cool.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:53:43 pm by Vandala »
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 28, 2011, 03:35:23 am »

I'm pretty sure the Painter's shop will change the color of wood, assuming you ahv ethe proper dye plants availible.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 28, 2011, 03:58:06 am »

I'm pretty sure the Painter's shop will change the color of wood, assuming you ahv ethe proper dye plants availible.

Can the same be done with stone?
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 28, 2011, 07:37:36 am »

Can the same be done with stone?

Not in the current version of the Painting Workshop, however, it could be further modded to do so. But would require a number of new reactions.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 140