Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348908 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1470 on: December 20, 2011, 10:36:42 pm »

Te he, surprised no one has made a Parasprite pony yet.

................. :o
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1471 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:07 pm »

I want Parasprites as pets. That reproduce every couple months or so :P. and I got swarmed? U do mean me dont u? lol
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 20, 2011, 10:57:45 pm »

well, I could strip the syndrome from my flutterpony...
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:45 am »

well, I could strip the syndrome from my flutterpony...

Which we are eagerly awating to see...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 21, 2011, 08:27:44 am »

Hello everyone from MLP mod ^_^

Next 2 episodes of my LP of this Mod are now up

Episode 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA6zDiLXaBY
Episode 11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_uX7Ad-EFI

and on a side note DAMN U ALL I have started watching MLP and Enjoy it ><><>?<>< *Shakes Fist* * Goes to watch MLP*

Just as planned. Welcome to the herd. About trees, what you have to do with them is shear them at a farmer's workshop, then process the shearings to fruit at an orchard workshop, which should be b>w>O. In fact, the task should queue up automagically anf anyone with plant processing will handle it. And yes, for your sins, parasprites will have the pet tag in the next version. and a litter size between ten and twenty. The only real use for them will be as a source of skulls or as chaff, though, you open up a cage of five hundred them on the battlefield and the enemy doesn't know what to hit, and every goes super slow-mo. I'm making gelatin reactions(and wine gums made from actual wine), though, so skulls will be useful for that.

Zebras: Azizas gain big bonuses to every unarmed fighting skill, with high kicking and dodge skills. (Falling Caeser, anyone?)
Ibises could have longer, stronger legs (For kicking), or perhapes even a long beak. Lets go with the legs for now. :D

Horned ones could have a hard, platelike skin. Why? Most of the names you picked out for these guys are mostly based of legendary Rhinos, and altho there skin is not actualy platelike, it would be interesting to fight apponents whos skin is tougher then there armor.

I have no idea what you mean by Falling Caeser. In fact, your post is the fifth result on Google for it, nestled among references to the Roman dude getting stabbed. The aziza I based the Zebras on are basically forest fairies, they're supposed to be adept with fire and bless hunters. If we could have specific reactions for particular castes, I'd let them do all existing smelting reactions with coal or wood as a reagent in place of coke or charcoal. Might make sense for the aziza civ as whole, now that I think about it. Hmm, Zecora fits the aziza description, and her fright night costume was Anansi themed, so maybe I'll make them webbers. I love webbers. Webbers are cool.

Well, only unicorns and karkadanns, really. Gorlaks are the little humanoids underground, and abadas are sort of horse/goat mixes. But giving karkadanns tougher hides makes sense. The abada can have the segmented horns. With two of them, that's going to be fun.

Interesting ideas for ibes. Ibes are mostly based on Thoth, Egyptian god of wisdom, architecture and stuff, so maybe I'll look at him for some more ideas.

Royal earth ponies you say?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Make them super fast (faster than every other pony/beast/megabeast/clown in the world, even the wonderbolt royalty), plus insane dodging skills and the inability to tire at all.
It'll be a good laugh when they rush off across them map in advance of their armies who cant keep up with them, or casually enter forts 3 seconds after being announced.  :P

Buffalo royalty: Massive boosts to their charge attack, skull extra protected and resistant to non-projectile attacks, while fur protects from projectiles/bashing.
Zebras: Obsidian-like hooves (sharper & tougher, since they rough it without magic most of the time, they probably adapted them to the environment for combat), longer neck that can hold additional special "armor rings" (making it more likely attackers will hit the neck with it's excellent protection, compared to the unprotected head)

Alternatively since Buffalo/Zebra dont really have royalty in the right sense (rank/royalty is gained by combat achievements/tribe benefit/wisdom than physical attributes), just have them be weapon-masters of sorts (spear/shield/archer/boomerang Zebras, archer/tomahawk/charger Buffalo's)

Making them noticeably faster than wonderbolts puts them at almost double normal speed. I suppose it's balanced out by most of the species being normal speed, though. I'll start by making them regular pegasus fast and giving them [NOEXERT] and [TRAPAVOID]. Oh, and when I get around to doing puddings I'll have to add craftable pudding hats. Might be an idea to add a bread hat reaction, too.
 "Kebul McArmourer, are you sure a whip vine biscuit chanfron provides adequate protection?"
 "Don't you worry, Mayor Mare, you'll be fine, and we'll have those hen's tooth crafts made when you get back."

Good ideas with the buffalo. I think their shear size makes them already resistant enough to projectiles, I'll make them a smidge bigger and add a velocity modifier to their barge attack, and I'll see if there's anything sensible I can do to differentiate plains and wood buffalo. Oh, and all royal buffalo will be mixes of ivory, white and cream like the current sacred flying buffalo as an allusion to the white buffalo legend. I'll probably make white eagle buffalo faster, and I might split the lower castes into bald and golden variants, since that's what they're based on. I've wondered about doing it for base buffalo, and since nobody seems to mind the karkadann/abada split I might as well.

Te he, surprised no one has made a Parasprite pony yet.

................. :o

I've considered making parasprite and tank ponies. And I've been actively resisting the urge to make horse ponies, [DESCRIPTION:A horse-like equinoid. Huh.]. but all those seem slightly too silly even for this mod. Hmm, maybe tank buffalo....

Edit: Something that's been bugging me, should I make gems appear in various soil types? it seems a bit silly and will almost certainly play merry hell with neat farming, but it is in the show.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:45:37 am by Nidokoenig »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 21, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »

Edit: Something that's been bugging me, should I make gems appear in various soil types? it seems a bit silly and will almost certainly play merry hell with neat farming, but it is in the show.

I see no reason why not. Best to put them in Good Biomes, as a suggestion on there placement.

I have no idea what you mean by Falling Caeser. In fact, your post is the fifth result on Google for it, nestled among references to the Roman dude getting stabbed. The aziza I based the Zebras on are basically forest fairies, they're supposed to be adept with fire and bless hunters. If we could have specific reactions for particular castes, I'd let them do all existing smelting reactions with coal or wood as a reagent in place of coke or charcoal. Might make sense for the aziza civ as whole, now that I think about it. Hmm, Zecora fits the aziza description, and her fright night costume was Anansi themed, so maybe I'll make them webbers. I love webbers. Webbers are cool.

Its a F:E referance. Bacisicly, Zebras have developed many styles of hoof-to-hoof combat out of nessesity. Said fighting mostly involves using there legs to smash spines, break legs, and cave in faces. Sounds like something that usualy happens in DF, so why not make them better at what they can already do well? :P   On a less fanfic-based note, in the the next version, we could take advantage of the hopefully expanded syndrome system and create a workshop that currantly uses a unused skill (Druidism or Alchemy?) that can make potions and such. Shamans would be a good name for something like that, because that certiantly fits Zecoras MO. Might be interesting to give the Buffalo something along the lines of that, too. Heads as hard as iron? Skin as hard as wood? Having [TL_HEALING_RATE:1] for a few days?

Anyway, Anansi themed zebras sound interesting.  ;D

Well, only unicorns and karkadanns, really. Gorlaks are the little humanoids underground, and abadas are sort of horse/goat mixes. But giving karkadanns tougher hides makes sense. The abada can have the segmented horns. With two of them, that's going to be fun.

Interesting ideas for ibes. Ibes are mostly based on Thoth, Egyptian god of wisdom, architecture and stuff, so maybe I'll look at him for some more ideas.

Sorry about the mix-up. I realy only know my middle-eastern myths, and are kind of fuzzy with things down south. Could abadas not have some sort of edged atteck with there horns? There said to be crooked, but it would be far more interesting for they to be scimitar-like. Also, yes, there are quite a few options one has with Ibes.

On horses: they could be Ogre-like creatures, being bigger (might need to increase there size) and stronger than any pony.

Hmm, maybe tank buffalo....

Giant armadillos?

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 21, 2011, 02:46:45 pm »

Pony Fortress Christmas wishlist:

Winter-Tree hat (materials sheared from rare winter-tree ents, that naturally inhabit freezing biomes?)
Propeller-beanie
This whole outfit
Windigos/Windygos

Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 21, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »

Windigos/Windygos

Did someone not make a way for matirials to be semisolid? I was wondering what would happen if we gave these guys a "Ice mote" that was its only solid part. The rest would be supercold and give off a super deadly nerotoxin syndrome that gave off frostbite, stunning, and finaly suffacation in that order. Might add a Wintergast creature as a shaggy, meat-eating replacement for Blizzerd ponies.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 23, 2011, 06:11:57 am »

Drew my latest expedition leader.

She's now my militia commander and leads the markspony squad. She's partially blind after dealing with some forgotten beast, but I haven't really noticed that affecting her accuracy.

This is my lead miner. I just had to draw her when I read about her mane. There's a couple other ponies with similarly colored manes, but out of the original 7 she really stood out.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 23, 2011, 07:47:31 am »

She's now my militia commander and leads the markspony squad. She's partially blind after dealing with some forgotten beast, but I haven't really noticed that affecting her accuracy.

This is my lead miner. I just had to draw her when I read about her mane. There's a couple other ponies with similarly colored manes, but out of the original 7 she really stood out.

I wish someone would do that for my ponies in my LP :P

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 23, 2011, 08:07:53 am »

I can if you like. I'd need their descriptions.

Of course, I'd like to be dorfed...er...ponified in your LP if you can!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:20:32 am by Knarfle »
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 23, 2011, 11:23:13 am »

Yeah u can be luckily IU aint finished yet ^_^. And every ponies description is in the Episode 9/10 Episodes

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 23, 2011, 11:33:11 am »

Yeah u can be luckily IU aint finished yet ^_^. And every ponies description is in the Episode 9/10 Episodes

I can't really watch a whole lot of youtube videos at the moment due to net limitations. Can I just get a save file or some screenshots of the ponies' character screens?

Rhesus Pieces!

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 24, 2011, 07:03:36 am »

My chief medical pony has been doing an awesome job of saving lives, so I thought I'd draw her. She's not named after anyone, and I kinda failed at coming up with a decent medical profession pony name or cutie mark. She gave birth recently, so I thought I'd attempt drawing the cute lil foal.

Rhesus Pieces!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »

I dont know how to SS things to get the descriptions :(
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140